Which is #3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is obviously still king, and despite running just 1 show, hard to say AEW isn't #2 right now. So which do you guys think is #3 right now in North America? Despite falling on hard times, I'd have to say ROH.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
this is tough, Id have to go with Impact though, they do have a pretty solid talent roster, and I like a lot of the innovative stuff they do like the twitch gig to cut corners and production costs.

Reactions: Dixie

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
RoH for me. Product isn't great, but it is rather consistent. Main reason why I don't watch Impact anymore is that every few months someone is going to leave, sometimes even major players.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
there isn't a number 3 right now

everyone else is neck and neck, just above water, in their own territory

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
It's hard to say, but I would have to go with Impact. But an argument could be made for ROH too. I would rank it this way:

1. WWE
2. AEW
3. Everyone else

·
Registered
24,437 Posts
I mean, it's ROH. It has to be doesn't it.

Impact, while rebuilding itself nicely over the last couple years basically has zero touring and tapes TV once a month with a big show every few months. Not to mention being on destitute network. And MLW, while certainly growing, is kind of the same way at least in touring.

ROH is still a touring brand (though of course not as much as WWE), has the history, has the NJPW connection, etc.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
As far as I’m concerned...

1) WWE
2) AEW
3) ROH when you consider the NJPW connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
last time I checked Mexico is in North America so in terms of popularity CMLL and AAA blow ROH, Impact and MLW out of the water.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My list of top wrestling promotion in America is as follows:-
1- WWE
2- AEW
3- ROH
4- Impact
5- MLW
6- Lucha Underground ( IF it exists)
7- Championship wrestling from Hollywood (Thanks to Fite TV otherwise it would have been a unknown brand)
8- OVW (They must be doing something right to run 1000 episodes plus they signed a developmental deal with Impact).

·
Registered
728 Posts
ROH is a pretty easy one for me. The belts matter, strongest roster, live tours, better PPV's, more history... etc.

I will say ive been paying more attention to Impact and MLW lately. For some reason i just can't get into MLW, despite loving the fact all their shows are on youtube. Their roster isn't that strong imo, but seem to deliver an OK product, but feels like they try too hard to be consider a major company. Impact has been improving, and has had some nice signings... but still think they are playing catch up. I can only watch them on twitch. Neither of these companies are worth investing time/effort to seek out imo.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
They're all ECW. They have a roster that gets purged every now and then by WWE (and soon enough AEW). None of them are even worth mentioning to me.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
ROH right now but I could see Impact reclaiming that spot if they can land a better TV deal over the course of the next 12 months. I’d say globally right now:

1) WWE
2) AEW
3) NJPW
4) AAA
5) ROH
6) Impact Wrestling
7) MLW
8) NWA
9) EVOLVE & Progress & ICW
10) PWG

The last few might be a bit interchangeable as far as where they rank right now and NJPW/AEW is hard to gauge for #2 globally as AEW has only officially had one show so far and NJPW runs the Tokyo Dome each year.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Right now ROH because of their connection to NJPW and the MSG show they did. However if Impact Wrestling gets a better tv deal, also does a show in MSG (either by themselves or as part of a joint show with another promotion), and ROH loses NJPW (either to AEW or just in general), Impact will pull ahead of ROH with ease.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts