Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean are they being warned I haven't been to a wrestling show but is their anything holding them back from doing or saying something crazy not suitable for television.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
well im not sure, ive wondered
that myself.
i do remember though back in 99
when i went to raw a few times,
they always checked my signs,
to see if they were appropriate,

so i know this doesnt help, but im bored, and man do i miss goin to live shows

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
The vulgar chants we've heard are mostly ECW related. Only in the original ECW and the WWE One Night Stand PPV's did we hear those kind of chants, with the one exception being at WrestleMania 22, which was at the height of Cena hate at the time, and an extremely passionate classic Chicago crowd.

Other than that, really the only vulgar things that we've known to be chanted are like... "asshole," and "slut," and those just aren't really needed anymore.

Plus, the whole PG environment changes things as well. There's really just not a place for vulgar chants.

And if you ask me, it's a good thing. While it's always fun to look back and listen to 20,000 people shouting "Fuck you, Cena" or the Hammerstein Ballroom-type stuff, the lack of outrageous chants like that helps WWE maintain their superior image -- whereas in TNA, the inmates nearly run the asylum and pretty much ruin the shows, and every now and then, TNA staffers will actually have to come out and tell the fans what not to chant and who to boo and cheer. Why be like them?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice point.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
The real question you should be asking is "What's stopping fans at home hearing vulgar chants?". If there was any form of curse words via the crowd, it'd be edited out.

As for warnings, i'm sure WWE must warn fans about it, considering they quite regularly take signs off of them.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
If I went to a show I'd try to start a Fuck Otunga chant. It'd probably be really hard to get hundreds/thousands of people to chant it with you though especially with so many more kids/parents in the audience these days.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's usually started by one or a few people, who could be easily ejected by security presumably before getting it going.

I'm sure if it was planned in advanced, organizing a '11/22/10 We're all Screaming fuck You Cena' Facebook group and having whoever bought Raw tickets get in on it, there's nothing they realistically could do. But I doubt many people would risk being thrown from the arena trying for trying to get a 'Fuck You Cena' chant going by themselves on the spot.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Little kids shouldn't know vulgar chants, and their extremely uninterested parents won't scream vulgar chants around their children.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
Well if you can get everyone to do it quickly there isn't really anything that would happen to you. But more likely you would get caught because nobody else is going to take part in your chant.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I'd just bring an appropriate sign with a sharpie and write something vulgar on the back.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
When Shelton failed to perform the Sunset-flip Powerbomb from the ladder to MVP at Wrestlemania 25, there was a small yet audible 'You Fucked Up' chant going on for a little while.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Little kids shouldn't know vulgar chants, and their extremely uninterested parents won't scream vulgar chants around their children.
I chanted "slut" to Stephanie McMahon at a SmackDown taping when I was like 9.

Kids these days. No sense of rebellion whatsoever. :no:

·
Registered
934 Posts
not only the fact that you would probably get thrown out if you were spearheading the chant and being loud but I don't think most folks want to chant obscenities randomly in public at a huge arena...

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
They chanted "Bullshit" on the January 4 impact this year. It was so loud they had to bleep it. Then again, that was a studio in Disneyland. Its not exactly easy to get a unified Wrestlemania crowd of 80,000 people chanting swear words together.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
They chanted "Bullshit" on the January 4 impact this year. It was so loud they had to bleep it. Then again, that was a studio in Disneyland. Its not exactly easy to get a unified Wrestlemania crowd of 80,000 people chanting swear words together.

Universal Studio's actually :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts