Wrestling Forum banner

What's so special about the New Day?

2200 Views 30 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Mr Poifect
Now i'm not going to say they suck or they're not entertaining at all, that's far from the truth.. But many people say they're the most entertaining part of the show?. I'm starting to think people feel that way because RAW is that bad right now.. They jump around like clowns all the time, don't do anything different really, Xavier Woods is the only one who's consistently entertaining from the New Day, mainly due to his ringside commentary. even still i wouldn't consider him the best part of RAW.

I like the New Day, and all 3 of these guys, they're way better together than solo.. But my question is, how are they the best part of RAW every week? Has the show gone downhill that much?

They're entertaining at times, but by no means are they the best part of the show.. Normally i wouldn't bring this up, but i hear it constantly, so i have to ask.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· TAFKA KroKro
2,699 Posts
Let's put our horns together.

They are a product of creative freedom. They represent why being held down is terrible. They broke through from being one of those worst acts to being one of the most organic and exciting.
Xavier is charismatic, Kofi is a workhorse, and Big E is FINALLY given a role where he can be himself. It might not always be HAHA THE BEST THING EVERY WEEK ALL WEEK!!! Like a lot claim. But they are exciting and you can feel their energy and they seem happy to be themselves, all those old video game and cartoon references always make me smile too.

I hope that at least shed some light on why I like them.

AWWWWWWWWWWW CREWZZZZZZZ!!!!!

DON'T YOU DARE, BE SOWWWWAAAAAAA, CLAP FOR YOUR WORLD FAMOUS TWO CHAMPS AND FEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL THE POOOOOOWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Also, I knew this was coming, and I hope you did too. I wasn't gonna do it, but someone was, it was happening.

· Registered
5,520 Posts
They remind me of the classic heels: they cheat and get DQ'ed, they insult the locals, etc. They're also funny stereotypes, (though i think their act is getting old already and they're not as funny as before) but i still like them.

And yeah, they're basically one of the best parts of the show just because the whole show is crap and there's nothing better.

· From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,798 Posts
I never know what someone who creates a thread like this is hoping to achieve. Are you looking to have your mind changed? I mean, what's the point?

Not every person likes every thing. Should that require a thread by every person here for everything they don't "get"?

If you don't think New Day is entertaining, then cool. Nothing wrong with that. Some others are entertained by them, which is cool, too.

"This doesn't entertain me...why do you like them?"

That's really all it's about, and I'm sorry, but it feels unbelievably pointless to me.

· WF's #1 Mox fan.
27,637 Posts
^ I've been insulted on here cos I said I didn't like New Day. Some people can't accept that not everybody likes their favourite wrestlers...

I'm Seth in that gif lol, I facepalm basically everytime they show up lol.

· Banned
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ I've been insulted on here cos I said I didn't like New Day. Some people can't accept that not everybody likes their favourite wrestlers...

I'm Seth in that gif lol, I facepalm basically everytime they show up lol.
This thread is more to find out why people consider them the best part of the show.. Or is everyone else on the show that boring.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
Now i'm not going to say they suck or they're not entertaining at all, that's far from the truth.. But many people say they're the most entertaining part of the show?. I'm starting to think people feel that way because RAW is that bad right now.. They jump around like clowns all the time, don't do anything different really, Xavier Woods is the only one who's consistently entertaining from the New Day, mainly due to his ringside commentary. even still i wouldn't consider him the best part of RAW.

I like the New Day, and all 3 of these guys, they're way better together than solo.. But my question is, how are they the best part of RAW every week? Has the show gone downhill that much?

They're entertaining at times, but by no means are they the best part of the show.. Normally i wouldn't bring this up, but i hear it constantly, so i have to ask.
Not a damn thing is special about The New Day. People keep talking about them using their creative ideas. Their creative ideas suck. I enjoyed Big E with "I need 5" gimmick. Xavier Woods was better acting out his gaming character. Kofi Kingston was always boring, but a character change should happen for him.

· Baby It's Violence
12,558 Posts
One of the main things is they are allowed to be more creative with their characters. They actually seem more natural in their roles, versus when a guy like Ryback cuts a scripted promo while staring a hole through the camera. When you have guys who generally enjoy and have their own input on idea, it'll show in the product that results.

And you know what?

Despite the few that dislike them, almost every crowd loves to react to them. Remember, any publicity is good publicity.

· Banned
6,751 Posts
I never know what someone who creates a thread like this is hoping to achieve. Are you looking to have your mind changed? I mean, what's the point?

Not every person likes every thing. Should that require a thread by every person here for everything they don't "get"?

If you don't think New Day is entertaining, then cool. Nothing wrong with that. Some others are entertained by them, which is cool, too.

"This doesn't entertain me...why do you like them?"

That's really all it's about, and I'm sorry, but it feels unbelievably pointless to me.
I'm sorry, but let me explain this to you. I will speak for myself because I have created a thread similar to this about The New Day. The reason I asked is because I realized how popular they are on here in this forum. I watch them on television and realized that the fans live could care less about them. I realized that it's the "easily entertained" on here that like them. They aren't as popular as the IWC would like people like myself are to believe.

As a long time fan it pains me to see more and more "easily entertained" folks playing along with the WWE's bullshit. The New Day was a response from those very stars to just come up with "anything", literally. That's how bad the locker room morale is. It's so bad that fans like yourselves will actually allow yourselves to be entertained by this nonsense. The New Day are just something for the IWC to latch onto and then eventually they'll run sour and stale. The New Day act doesn't belong in the WWE, it belongs on some Junior High based kids sitcom on Nickelodeon.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
They embody everything that used to be great about wrestling. Guys being insane and completely over the top and zany and just coming up with ridiculous stuff to do and say every week in the car, instead of just showing up at the arena and waiting to be handed a generic script by some TV show writer geek.

· WeeWoo WeeWoo
22,510 Posts
There is something to be said about talents who take their gimmicks and run with them and who are less restricted. The New Day are fresh, unique, exciting, talented, and work well together. It reflects in their performance and you can feel their energy.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I like their gimmick a lot. I've been expecting them to get stale a for a few weeks now, but they always prove me wrong. Whenever I watch New Day I can't help but smile, laugh, and enjoy them while they're around. I like their energy, I think they're refreshing, and bonus points for all of the video game references.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
WWE put these 3 guys out there because 1) they had really nothing else for them or 2) to troll the audience. A dancing group, in their minds, would never be over and really shouldn't be.

You can bet WWE never expected to become so over and so over that they are one of the most entertaining things on WWE tv. Somebody said the word organic and yes that's what it was.

Just drop the unicorn stuff fpalm because that kind of material certainly whiffs of Vince's "creative genius"

· Registered
12,355 Posts
They don't take themselves seriously and are booked strong as in contending for titles.

It's OK to like the Kobe/MJ win at all cause mentality but the Spurs/Warriors basketball isn't everything but still be a contender mentality is enjoyable too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.