Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Yes it is the same. Don't give me this nonsense that guys like Roy Mysterio can win bigger titles, but Tessa cannot wrestle men. Don't tell me that HBK can beat Undertaker of Diesel, of Daniel Bryan can beat Triple H and Batista in the same night, but Tessa cannot beat Sami Callahan. Because I call bullshit on all of it.

Also one woman going after men making every other woman "look bad," is like saying that one midcarder rising to the ME makes all other midcarders look bad. Again bullshit. Ask Impact fans if Rosemary, or Jordynne Grace, or Su Yang, etc "look bad" because of Tessa. I'm betting that the vast majority of them would say, no.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,974 Posts
Best post I've read about Tessa dude , sweet post this is .

Peace:yes
I dont get the outrage against what Tessa is doing, people need to get over her being a woman and focus on this:
The most important hing here is Tessa has been booked well, she's doing justice to her role and the story. She's over, she's connected with the fans. She is doing everything right, and Impact are doing everything right by having more of a slow burn, if this was WWE doing this they'd have Charlotte or Becky win the World Title immediately.
Impact are telling a great story here, she's having to struggle to get there, struggle and fight to make history. The payoff here is going to be fantastic when Tessa wins the World Title.

Yeah a smaller guy vs a bigger guy is totally the same as a small woman vs a bigger guy... wow.

Ya know this is one of the main reasons Eli Drake left he didn't agree with this intergender shit, cause he knew it would look ridiculous him selling for Tessa and having a competitive match with her.
Eli Drake is a mongoloid then.

Most of Pro Wrestling looks ridiculous. Why the hell is Brock Lesnar having competitive matches with people like Balor, Bryan and Styles? Guys he'd just ragdoll and pound into a bloody mess in anything even resembling a real fight. Why is a 50 year old RVD still beating people in 2019? If he's worried about looking ridiculous he should have been bitching about all the unbelievable crap in Pro Wrestling, he just didn't want to sell for a woman.

Exactly, and Tessa going for the mens titles makes all the other women who are just in the womens division look lesser. Its just a bad look for everyone, the men who have to sell for Tessa and the other women who aren't good enough to wrestle the men like Tessa is.
The thing is though its not like Tessa is facing off against monsters, she's not outbrawling people twice her size. Sami is an average size dude, the size difference there is better there than most big man vs little man matches in Pro Wrestling. If you've got such an issue with this do you have the same issue with a Big Show or Braun Strowman vs. anyone under 6'5? Because those sort of guys having to sell for a Mysterio, Ambrose, Rollins, etc is more ridiculous than Tessa being a badass.

And when she did face someone bigger, when she faced Fulton the match was mostly just him dominating her. They didn't have Tessa kick a much larger mans ass, they just had her survive until the screwy finish.

The way they're telling this story is fantastic.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Its weird how people draw this line in the sand for believably. If you want realism why do you watch Pro Wrestling? 99% of what goes on in Pro Wrestling is entirely unbeleivable, guys like Lesnar and Lashley would just ragdoll everyone with their backgrounds and athletic ability. Big Show would have never lost a match, especially to people that weigh as much as one of his legs.

Its weird because all the shit people love about Pro Wrestling thesedays; stupid spots, no selling everything, spamming kicks, all the top rope shit where people have to stand there for 5 seconds and catch the other person thats all much less believable than a chick being able to kick a guys ass.

The most important thing here is Tessa has been booked well, she's doing justice to her role and the story. She's over, she's connected with the fans. She is doing everything right, and Impact are doing everything right by having more of a slow burn, if this was WWE doing this they'd have Charlotte or Becky win the World Title immediately.
Theres a lack of realism in pro wrestling yes, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, i mean i can somewhat buy guys getting the upper hand on Braun and Lesnar, theres a part of me that believes it almost, with Tessa fighting men? nah i can't suspend my disbelief for that shit. I've seen smaller guys beat the shit out of bigger guys before, it can happen, so its easier to accept than an average size female having a back and forth competitive match with a man.

As i said Eli Drake even said the same about Intergender wrestling, saying it would look ridiculous for him to sell for Tessa, which is why he refused to do the match with her, and i agree with him its dumb. Maybe you and a few others that are loyal to Impact agree with this shit, but it doesn't change the fact that its dumb and shouldn't be done, and most sponsors wouldn't want anything to do with a "sport" fake or not that has men beating up women on it.

Truth is Tessa is too good to be in this low rent bush league company anyways and you all know it, she deserves to be on a larger stage like AEW or WWE, its damn near criminal shes stuck on this low budget glorified indy fed, i mean has her contract got years left on it or something? i can't believe she hasn't signed with another company yet, Jericho clearly said shes his first choice for who he wants AEW to sign, i mean Tessa get the fuck outta Impact and go somewhere thats gonna be on national television.

As for her not beating up giant dudes, just wait, this whole thing is leading to her winning their world title at some point where she'll defeat Cage in some David vs Goliath story, and it will look fucking dumb.

·
14,974 Posts
Theres a lack of realism in pro wrestling yes, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, i mean i can somewhat buy guys getting the upper hand on Braun and Lesnar, theres a part of me that believes it almost, with Tessa fighting men? nah i can't suspend my disbelief for that shit. I've seen smaller guys beat the shit out of bigger guys before, it can happen, so its easier to accept than an average size female having a back and forth competitive match with a man.

As i said Eli Drake even said the same about Intergender wrestling, saying it would look ridiculous for him to sell for Tessa, which is why he refused to do the match with her, and i agree with him its dumb. Maybe you and a few others that are loyal to Impact agree with this shit, but it doesn't change the fact that its dumb and shouldn't be done, and most sponsors wouldn't want anything to do with a "sport" fake or not that has men beating up women on it.

Truth is Tessa is too good to be in this low rent bush league company anyways and you all know it, she deserves to be on a larger stage like AEW or WWE, its damn near criminal shes stuck on this low budget glorified indy fed, i mean has her contract got years left on it or something? i can't believe she hasn't signed with another company yet, Jericho clearly said shes his first choice for who he wants AEW to sign, i mean Tessa get the fuck outta Impact and go somewhere thats gonna be on national television.

As for her not beating up giant dudes, just wait, this whole thing is leading to her winning their world title at some point where she'll defeat Cage in some David vs Goliath story, and it will look fucking dumb.
Loyalty to impact? I just really love this angle, its genuinely the only thing in Pro Wrestling today I have an interest in and feel like I need to watch. Outside this angle Pro Wrestling today is just a sea of charisma vacuum spot monkeys killing the business.

But I digress. I like this angle because I like this angle and Tessa is doing a great job of it.

Impact is "bush league" but what would she do in WWE? Job to crap like Alexa Bliss probably. And while there's huge expectations for AEW will they actually live up to it when they're on TV every week? And what would Tessa be doing there? Impact is bush league yeah, but this angle is huge. Its bigger and better than anything any other woman is doing in Pro Wrestling right now.

Who cares about the sponsors? WWE having to cater to the sponsors and never do anything edgy or exciting is part of why the product is so terrible right now.

I dont see any real difference between a dweeb like Balor taking it to Lesnar or Tessa taking it to an average dude like Calihan. If anything the flippy dorks surviving 1 minute against Brock is worse.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Yes. WWE would likely feed her to their golden girls Charlotte and Alexa, no thanks. And while AEW has potential, it's still a work in progress.

Impact is telling a compelling story with her where she's NOT invincible, and the fans are eating it up. Now IF this pays off with her beating Samir/winning the World Title in the end, then it'll be a more compelling story with a better payoff than WWE has come up with in a long time, and the fans will love it.

Also Seth Rollins just beat Brock Lesnar clean. Now do I have a problem with this, no. But then don't say that that's believable, but Tessa beating Sami isn't because again, bullshit.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Cage/Tessa already happened and it looked just fine. Looked way more believable than Rey/Cena matches (just 1 example) and I dont recall anyone having any problems with those.
Your inability to suspend your disbelief for Tessa beating men while marking for Rey/AJ/other midgets beating up big badasses/MMA fighters just says something about your own personal issues with women, not TNA or today's wrestling or today in general.
Pro wrestling is fake. Wonder Woman can beat the shit out of anyone. Move the fuck on.
P.S. Eli Drake is an ignorant twat.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I turned on Impact for the first time in a few weeks and I see Tessa beating up the men. I thought WWE was bad but as usual TNA goes one worse

Won't be watching again

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,619 Posts
Tessa is the most believable woman talent against men that I've ever seen, throw size right out the window.

She is one of the best performers in the world male or female. If any woman can pull of being the 1st legit world champion, it's her.

She is almost like the anti me too movement female. It's not being given to her for any reason other than shes that fucking good and she deserves it.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
She needs to win at BFG, then use Option C to beat Sami for the world title (after he beats Brian Cage), perhaps at Homecoming. Tessa's your biggest star Impact, fans love her so don't chicken out now. Go all the way with this.

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
That's too early. She should lose option c and than challange again at slammi.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Plus there's only so many ways that you can keep having her lose to the same guy, and only for so long, before people start losing patience and/or her momentum gets undercut

Wrestling companies need to learn when to strike while the iron is hot more.

·
14,974 Posts
WOW.

They did a really poor job of getting to this, this week though. I thought having Tessa confront Sami the second after he became World Champ was fantastic. But they dropped the ball this week, the follow up was atrocious. Tessa is the Star, Tessa is the story why was Tommy Dreamer coming out and cutting the worst Babyface promo of all time, and Tessa was just his backup? And surely she should have got the win the tag match not Rich Swann. The only low point for me in this entire feud led to Tessa getting her World Title shot.

·
Intoner
6,491 Posts
Tessa winning the belt is the right thing. I hope she stays for at least for one extra year.
I want to see her as tag champ and as x champ down the line. Tessa vs. Austin and Tessa & partner in tag division sounds very interesting.

Impact is an interesting place in the wrestling world for sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tessa winning the belt is the right thing. I hope she stays for at least for one extra year.
I want to see her as tag champ and as x champ down the line. Tessa vs. Austin and Tessa & partner in tag division sounds very interesting.

Impact is an interesting place in the wrestling world for sure.
I hope she wins it and Eddie immediately cashes in his title shot and beats her.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts