Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yep, looks like they might go the great route of Option C for the World title for Tessa. Here's hoping she does now go for the X division title as it could be built as a great BFG match and future build. Hopefully she has a few matches with X division guys first as well.

·
Banned
281 Posts
They clearly won’t let her get the world title this year, and probably not the next one either for unknown reason. Imo Callihan is quite an untalented athlete and doesn’t deserve to be in the Impact title picture. But idea may be to push OVE as a whole and thus establish a well rated stable like WWE’s Evolution was 15 years ago. That’s the only explanation that comes to my mind. Even though that scenario doesn’t sound that bad it’s still way way less hotter idea than having the first female wrestler in HISTORY of the bussines to compete for the world title in the intergender match and perhaps win it.

This could have been a golden opportunity for Impact. If they did this in the right way Chyna would be overshadowed and Impact would get a pretty big bunch of new followers. Well fuck it, they screwed this already.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I'm inclined to believe that she will win the World Title at some point. Because usually Impact has some logic to their booking and it'd make no sense to do it this way if she wasn't going to:

-They had her only lose to Sami this time do to outside fuckery, so she genuinely got screwed over this time and now Sami needs help to beat her which shows a progression.

-They had Jake Crist, fresh off of winning the X-Division title, be the one to cost her, which sets that up. Plus we've seen her beat the Crist's before.

-She had a match with Mad Man Fulton on Impact where Sami was involved, so her feud with OVE ain't done seemingly.

-She know has even more reason to want to get to Sami.

-Option C is still a thing since Cage used it to win the title a year ago.

-Etc.

Everything seems to be building towards a certain conclusion, and it'd be stupid and bizarre for them NOT to go in that direction. Plus Tessa's contract is up next year so presumably they'd want to at least try and convince her to stay.

·
Registered
22,590 Posts
Tessa building a great resume for herself. Already a Knockouts Champion. Now a champion in AAA. Could end up being Impact World Champion.

It'll be amazing to look back in a few years, wherever she ends up next, and see how much she's accomplished.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
That needs to happen at this point I think. You don't tease it this much only to chicken out last minute. Plus after having her lose twice to Sami in a short amount of time, there needs to be a good payoff for her in the end, otherwise this was all both dumb and terribly-timed.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Not a fan of her gimmick, but she's super talented..

Put the women's title on her and stop with the intergender shit.
Thank you, someone speaking some sense in this thread. People in here saying she should be the world champion and fight Cage at some point.. jesus lol what are you people smoking?

This intergender shit with Tessa is why i stopped watching Impact, i can't stand intergender wrestling, it makes the business look fake as all fuck. Her having competitive matches against men looks beyond retarded and makes the men look weak as fuck having a woman take them to the limit in a fight.

I can buy Nicole Bass or Chyna or some other manly muscular chick beating up a man, but Tessa is a skinny little woman, you telling me at some point shes gonna wrestle Cage? and give Cage a competitive back and forth match? LOL i swear if that ever happens this company needs to die.

Yeah shes hot right now i guess, but she should go to AEW where the women actually fight women and don't have to fight the men to be seen as a big deal. Shes honestly too talented to be in Impact fucking Wrestling, she deserves to be seen on a bigger stage, not wrestling dudes in a company that has to be broadcasted on Twitch or wherever the hell they're being broadcasted from now cause wherever they go they don't last long and have to find a new home, wonder why....

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
That standard can be applied to any "smaller guy vs bigger guy" scenario honestly. And it reeks of a lack of creativity.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,974 Posts
People who jerked off on AJ/Lesnar have a problem with Tessa wrestling men, mmk.
Its weird how people draw this line in the sand for believably. If you want realism why do you watch Pro Wrestling? 99% of what goes on in Pro Wrestling is entirely unbeleivable, guys like Lesnar and Lashley would just ragdoll everyone with their backgrounds and athletic ability. Big Show would have never lost a match, especially to people that weigh as much as one of his legs.

Its weird because all the shit people love about Pro Wrestling thesedays; stupid spots, no selling everything, spamming kicks, all the top rope shit where people have to stand there for 5 seconds and catch the other person thats all much less believable than a chick being able to kick a guys ass.

The most important hing here is Tessa has been booked well, she's doing justice to her role and the story. She's over, she's connected with the fans. She is doing everything right, and Impact are doing everything right by having more of a slow burn, if this was WWE doing this they'd have Charlotte or Becky win the World Title immediately.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Its weird how people draw this line in the sand for believably. If you want realism why do you watch Pro Wrestling? 99% of what goes on in Pro Wrestling is entirely unbeleivable, guys like Lesnar and Lashley would just ragdoll everyone with their backgrounds and athletic ability. Big Show would have never lost a match, especially to people that weigh as much as one of his legs.

Its weird because all the shit people love about Pro Wrestling thesedays; stupid spots, no selling everything, spamming kicks, all the top rope shit where people have to stand there for 5 seconds and catch the other person thats all much less believable than a chick being able to kick a guys ass.

The most important hing here is Tessa has been booked well, she's doing justice to her role and the story. She's over, she's connected with the fans. She is doing everything right, and Impact are doing everything right by having more of a slow burn, if this was WWE doing this they'd have Charlotte or Becky win the World Title immediately.
Best post I've read about Tessa dude , sweet post this is .

Peace:yes

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
That standard can be applied to any "smaller guy vs bigger guy" scenario honestly. And it reeks of a lack of creativity.
Yeah a smaller guy vs a bigger guy is totally the same as a small woman vs a bigger guy... wow.

Ya know this is one of the main reasons Eli Drake left he didn't agree with this intergender shit, cause he knew it would look ridiculous him selling for Tessa and having a competitive match with her.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I just think if you have women titles and mens titles, then women should just go for the womens titles and guys should just go for the guy titles. People wanting Tessa as Impact champion? Would you like a guy to win the womens title?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
I just think if you have women titles and mens titles, then women should just go for the womens titles and guys should just go for the guy titles. People wanting Tessa as Impact champion? Would you like a guy to win the womens title?
Exactly, and Tessa going for the mens titles makes all the other women who are just in the womens division look lesser. Its just a bad look for everyone, the men who have to sell for Tessa and the other women who aren't good enough to wrestle the men like Tessa is.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts