Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he lost to Sheamus in the KOTR final. I'm honestly not sure where Morrison will go from here, perhaps we'll see another match between these two at TLC which i actually don't mind but it won't mean anything anymore...

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
I wish they'd just cut him loose already.

More than likely, he'll continue to fued with Sheamus until PinoccHHHio comes back, probably the night after TLC, then he'll probably find a tag partner and go after the tag titles. Not much else he can do. Maybe he could've gone after Miz for the WWE title, but since he lost and Orton isn't gonna be gone forever...

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
I honestly have no idea. One of the main reasons it seemed to at least superficially make sense for Morrison to win the King of the Ring was so that he could be elevated as a babyface challenger to Miz's WWE Championship sometime this winter. Now, they could continue the Morrison/Sheamus feud but I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that in any way that doesn't make Morrison look like a sore loser (oh yeah, just bring Santino back into the mix, ugh). Now with Sheamus winning King of the Ring, Morrison's direction is in question. If they have him go over Sheamus once more to make it a 2-1 series in Morrison's favor, they could still conceivably run Morrison vs. Miz for the 'Rumble PPV with some proper build.

Either that, or the KOTR Raw was yet another dead end for another Morrison push, and he'll go back to his aborted feud with DiBiase from midsummer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Uh oh, its another Morrison discussion! You know what that means? Pyro and his little butt-buddy bme are gonna come in and shit all over the discussion! Hooray for idiot trolls!

As for Morrison? I'm not sure, but the way he's being booked, protected in matches, and talked about on commentary they have something big lined up for him.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wish they'd just cut him loose already.

More than likely, he'll continue to fued with Sheamus until PinoccHHHio comes back, probably the night after TLC, then he'll probably find a tag partner and go after the tag titles. Not much else he can do. Maybe he could've gone after Miz for the WWE title, but since he lost and Orton isn't gonna be gone forever...
You really have no life, do you?

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
Uh oh, its another Morrison discussion! You know what that means? Pyro and his little butt-buddy bme are gonna come in and shit all over the discussion! Hooray for idiot trolls!
First of all, I don't even know who the fuck the other guy you're talking about is, so that fucks up your "butt buddy" insult, and secondly, I'm not a troll just because I have standards and you don't, kid. It's not my fault your hero sucks and I call him out on sucking. Get used to it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I actually don't mind Sheamus going over JoMo in KOTR. Morrison already has one win so now they're tied up and a King gimmick suits Sheamus so much better. I look for them to have a blow-off match at TLC with JoMo going over so that Sheamus can resume his feud with HHH.

As for his next feud, it's tough to say. Miz will be occupied with Orton and Barrett with Cena so I don't really know who that leaves for heels. It would be great if Jericho was back in the next month or so because a feud between those 2 could be awesome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
First of all, I don't even know who the fuck the other guy you're talking about is, so that fucks up your "butt buddy" insult, and secondly, I'm not a troll just because I have standards and you don't, kid. It's not my fault your hero sucks and I call him out on sucking. Get used to it.
That's rich! I see you chatting with him on every Morrison discussion. Nice try buffy.

LMFAO! "Standards?" That's a good one dude! This is coming from the guy who sucks Riley and his ever-present botching dick every week. We both agree that Miz is great and personally I don't give a fuck what you think about Morrison cause you've already admitted you watch wrestling for the promos. My problem with you is that you come into every fucking Morrison discussion just to shit on him and his fans. We've heard you're opinion over a hundred times already!

Oh and kid? I'm 27.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'm not exactly a Morrison mark but he really should've won tonight. Sheamus had very little to gain from it and this could've been an opportunity for Morrison to sink or swim so to speak

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
That's rich! I see you chatting with him on every Morrison discussion. Nice try buffy.
Nice try? I really don't know who you're talking about. And maybe I do talk to him, but I talk to everybody, but believe it or not, I don't memorize who every single person is.

LMFAO! "Standards?" That's a good one dude! This is coming from the guy who sucks Riley and his ever-present botching dick every week.
He doesn't botch every week, and even then, he's gold on the mic. Morrison's botched plenty of promos, but if you don't have to care about that, then why do I have to care about 1 mistake that Riley did at the end of NXT? Every wrestler makes mistakes. Even CM Punk, as great as he is made one of the biggest goof ups of the year when he spoiled the finals of the KOTR tournament at the beginning of the show.

We both agree that Miz is great and personally I don't give a fuck what you think about Morrison cause you've already admitted you watch wrestling for the promos. My problem with you is that you come into every fucking Morrison discussion just to shit on him and his fans. We've heard you're opinion over a hundred times already!
If it bothers you SO much that I don't like Morrison, then how about you put me on ignore and go about your business? Then you won't have to see it, and I won't have to see you. Good deal, right? :agree:

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Anybody apart of the next generation of WWE is gonna do just fine John will pick up, but when booking is pointing in the direction of good business you know something got to give. In this case it was John Morrisons possible chance at winning KOTR.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
your standards is "watching wrestling show not for the wrestling but for the personality" right?

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
your standards is "watching wrestling show not for the wrestling but for the personality" right?
Why do you think most people watch it? Honestly. If they want to see 2 guys fight, they can watch UFC where it's real. Without the personality, the show falls apart and there's literally NO reason to watch, because then it's just purely 2 people putting on a fake fight with nothing to intrigue people.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
He should have won KOTR there yet they gave it to the guy who stands to gain nothing from getting the win...I guess they wanted to make Sheamus look more credible after his loss at SS. Either way, Morrison fans shouldn't get down. He looked great in the tournament and as someone else said he's still being protected in his losses. He won two matches clean and only lost to a Sheamus who had a bye into the final. So it's not like he's being buried.

KOTR should tell you that the WWE and RAW hold Morrison of the highest value out of all other mid-card babyfaces. Kingston, Zeke and Bryan didn't even get a look in. But Morrison got through two matches and went to the final, the way the announcers put him over on commentary show that they still have something in line for him.

Since the series is 1-1 I would hope that they might continue the Morrison/Sheamus feud to TLC where they have a tables match. Trips returns and helps Morrison get the win. That's what I hope. They can't just give him no direction again, or just drop his push because it's working. Morrison is as over as he's ever been and his mic work isn't sounding too horrendous either. Keep going with the push WWE.

EDIT: People that don't like Pyro's posts about Morrison...if it bothers you just put him on ignore, you aren't missing anything since he does seem to tend to say the same thing about him every post.

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
KOTR should tell you that the WWE and RAW hold Morrison of the highest value out of all other mid-card babyfaces. Kingston, Zeke and Bryan didn't even get a look in. But Morrison got through two matches and went to the final, the way the announcers put him over on commentary show that they still have something in line for him.
Bryan didn't get a look in because he had to face the most credible guy in the tournament, the guy who would've won if he hadn't been screwed. The only reason Morrison made it to the final is so they could have Sheamus win the tournament over somebody he was actually fueding with instead of just a random person. They're not much different credibility wise, but WWE would probably give Bryan a major push before they would Morrison. They've stalled on Morrison so many times that it doesn't look like he's ever going past where he is.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Pyro™;9094323 said:
Bryan didn't get a look in because he had to face the most credible guy in the tournament, the guy who would've won if he hadn't been screwed. The only reason Morrison made it to the final is so they could have Sheamus win the tournament over somebody he was actually fueding with instead of just a random person. They're not much different credibility wise, but WWE would probably give Bryan a major push before they would Morrison. They've stalled on Morrison so many times that it doesn't look like he's ever going past where he is.
Yes but Bryan was BOOKED to do so. Well then why did he not replace Zeke and be protected in the loss? Or be in Kofi's position? The fact that John Morrison WAS NOT in the position Daniel Bryan was in, the position to lose clean in the first round shows that he's held in higher value. He could have faced and lost to Del Rio in the first round...but he wasn't booked to do so. He went through two matches, and competed in a 10 minute match in the final looking strong after suffering an injured arm and competing with a Sheamus who only had to go through one match...Bryan could have easily been in that position.

They didn't exactly continue the Sheamus/Morrison feud last week...so it's not like they are heated rivals or anything. Morrison was booked better than Bryan in the tournament, I dno't know how you can argue that.

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
Yes but Bryan was BOOKED to do so. Well then why did he not replace Zeke and be protected in the loss? Or be in Kofi's position? The fact that John Morrison WAS NOT in the position Daniel Bryan was in, the position to lose clean in the first round shows that he's held in higher value. He could have faced and lost to Del Rio in the first round...but he wasn't booked to do so. He went through two matches, and competed in a 10 minute match in the final looking strong after suffering an injured arm and competing with a Sheamus who only had to go through one match...Bryan could have easily been in that position.

They didn't exactly continue the Sheamus/Morrison feud last week...so it's not like they are heated rivals or anything. Morrison was booked better than Bryan in the tournament, I dno't know how you can argue that.
I'm not arguing that Morrison is booked better, I'm just saying it's conditional. Morrison won because he's a placeholder fued for Sheamus until Triple H buries him. And Bryan could've been in that position, but he's getting his first singles title run instead.

And just because he's booked better doesn't mean he's valued more. Look at Swagger, he's booked like garbage, but they clearly see more in him than Morrison, since he actually won the title. Not to mention they're booking Miz horribly, but he's bigger than Morrison. Same thing with Chris Jericho, he lost to everybody on the roster, but he's still more important.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts

Jobbing to that guy. And I could seriously see that happen.

After losing KOTR, I see nothing for him in the near future regarding any kind of push into the midcard region of Raw, let alone the main event. If he would of won the tourny, I could of pictured Miz vs Morrison for the belt at some up and coming PPV. But it wasn't meant to be....

1 - 20 of 76 Posts