Wrestling Forum banner

What's Holding Them Back

1218 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BehindYou
Every wrestler has a hole in their talent that prevents them from being top dog in the WWE. Which guys do you think could improve one little thing and go completely over with the fan base?

What would you do with guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, Orton, Big E, Dolph, Cody, Rollins, Bray, Ambrose, Reigns etc to get them over?

What is missing for these guys to be the top guy?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
Every wrestler has a hole in their talent that prevents them from being top dog in the WWE. Which guys do you think could improve one little thing and go completely over with the fan base?

What would you do with guys like Cesaro, Sheamus, Orton, Big E, Dolph, Cody, Rollins, Bray, Ambrose, Reigns etc to get them over?

What is missing for these guys to be the top guy?
Some of them like Cody and Dolph have everything but creative refuses to push them for some reason.

Reactions: BigEMartin

· Banned
4,857 Posts
Some of them like Cody and Dolph have everything but creative refuses to push them for some reason.
Ziggler can't talk, that's his issue.

· Registered
998 Posts

4,022 Posts
Cesaro is getting a push right now.He will have a big match in summerslam.He needs a manager or get better on the mic though.
Sheamus was getting pushed before , since his debut he was so aggresive and he even became the WWE champion.I dont know what is he missing right now.A lot of people replaced him while he was healing maybe its that.Maybe he missed the boat
Orton is also getting pushed.He will always get pushed, WWE creative always finds something for him to do.
Big e i dont know maybe the look is holding him back cuz hes black ( i am not a racist though)
Bray is getting a push right now.He needs to get better in the ring but untill then he have his mic skills!
We have to wait to see wat are rollins ambrose and reigns going to do when the shield break up.

· Banned
4,857 Posts
Did you see his mini pipe bomb on the WWE app?
I liked it at the time, but now if you rewatch it, it comes across as forced and OTT

· Premium Member
1,820 Posts
The company needs to get behinde the guy, and push them right.

For some the ship has sailed. They will not get bigger than they are now. Some guys are young, and need time to grow. Some are being kept in the midcard for a rainy day. Everything right now is pointing at DB, so you cant megapush a guy right now.

Orton is at the top of the mountain, but he'll never be the guy. He'll be the guy who puts the guy over. Ziggler is a fine talent, but misses the micwork, to be the total package. Higher midcard for him, seems right. The ship has sailed, and he missed it.

Every member of the Shield will be pushed hard at one point, but the timinig has to be right. Same goes to the Wyatts, which should have one or two years in them, before splitting them. Even Rowan, if they play it right. All they need is time.

Cesaro will be slowly pushed up the card during 2014, so he will be a prominemt face on the card, when they are going to sell the network in europe. Barrett and Paige could be in the same situation.

Cody has time, and this run with Goldust, is doing him good. Cody needs a gimmick, though. His undashing gimmick showed how good he can be.

Sheamus and Big E is hard to do anything with, atm. Some drastic change would be needed.

· Registered
2,736 Posts
Lack of storylines for some of them. Big E, Cody Rhodes, Ziggler, and Sheamus, all of these guys have at the very least upper mid card potential and in some cases should be in the main event, but here we are a few days away from Wrestlmania and not a single one of them has any kind of storyline except for a random battle royal that really doesn't mean anything, and at the most will slightly benefit the one person who wins it. Bray Wyatt and the Shield members just need consistent booking and time.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some good points. Some guys may have it but aren't getting the push. I kinda agree on Cody and Dolph.

I do wonder if there is a bit of racism in the WWE making it hard to get african american wrestlers over. Big E may need some charisma but he's eloquent in his speech when I've heard him talking. I thought he needed some time in the ring.

Rollins hair is a bit annoying with the 2 tones.

And some guys are on the cusp of getting a push. But I do wonder if their pushes will have any legs. Lots of guys start to get pushed and then they regress for some reason or another that's not always clear to the fans.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
When it comes to guys like Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow, and even Dolph Ziggler.... there has to be some kind of backstage heat or not having the right "type" of relationship with guys like HHH and Vince for these guys not to be some of the top stars in the company. All of those guys have shown that they have the potential/charisma needed to be a top dog but instead they are given some lame comedy gimmick or they are jobbing to Drew McIntyre or being in a tag-team with Santa Claus.

I will give WWE credit when it comes to Roman Reigns. He has been booked very good instead of WWE giving him a super-push and shoving him in our face every week only to have him jobbing to El Torito a couple months later.

· Aggressively White
15,484 Posts
What's missing from them:

Cesaro, Dolph, Sheamus and Rollins - Mic skills

Cody and Orton - Charisma

Big E and Reigns - Being green

Bray and Ambrose - Not having the look :trips and :vince4 like

Barrett, Sandow and Cena are the closest to the total package on the current roster.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Personally, I would push for Roman Reigns to be the top dog in the whole company.

I would have a "Summer of Shield" storyline this summer. Have The Shield dominate and have Ambrose win the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Then Roman starts wanting the title and gets a big match against Ambrose, but Ambrose brutally attacks Reigns and puts him out of action, until the Rumble, when Reigns returns and wins. He challenges WWE Champion Dean Ambrose for the title at Wrestlemania 31.

The transition to top dog isn't done until you've beaten John Cena, so that would be in Roman's future too.

· All out of bubblegum.
5,421 Posts
When it comes to guys like Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow, and even Dolph Ziggler.... there has to be some kind of backstage heat or not having the right "type" of relationship with guys like HHH and Vince for these guys not to be some of the top stars in the company.
Or what about 1 dimensional gimmick for Sandow and lack of any discernible talents for Barret?
Ziggler did obviously piss people off backstage though.

Cesaro, Dolph, Sheamus and Rollins - Mic skills
Sheamus was fine as a heel IIRC and Rollins isnt bad.

Cody and Orton - Charisma
Theres a difference between charisma and character, undashing cody most definitely showed a ton of charisma

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.