Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've heard, they've completely scrapped the whole competition concept and kind of made it it's own brand.

But what's happening storyline wise, I'm hollering at the very few people that actually watch the show.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Darren Young and JTG are the main heels, apparently the hot-headed youth who disrespect elders and wiser wrestlers. First it was random bouts between Young and Striker, in which Young won all of them I believe. Next, it was Young and Regal, which went back and forth. After that, a tag team of Young and JTG battled Striker and Regal in which Young and JTG won. Now, they are (I believe to) feuding with Titus O'neil and Percy Watson.

Really need to be either redone or killed off.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts

Yoshi Tatsu took on a new, dark persona after Tyson Kidd stole the leg from his Yoshi Tatsu action figure.

NXT is pretty fucking awesome bro.
Yeah, Yoshi stole Sting's old facepaint after Borden started thinking he was The Joker.

Normally that be considered copying another wrestler's gimmick, but since most wrestling fans don't watch NXT OR Impact, it dosen't really matter.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
The show is actually brilliant, and you get to see awesome matches involving Bateman and Kidd weekly.

The only dark spot is the team of Black Cena and JTG... Everything else is pretty good.

Maxine and AJ are actually having a "meaningful" feud... even if it is over Hornswoggle, at least there's SOMETHING involved.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah, Yoshi stole Sting's old facepaint after Borden started thinking he was The Joker.

Normally that be considered copying another wrestler's gimmick, but since most wrestling fans don't watch NXT OR Impact, it dosen't really matter.
It's not like Sting's facepoint. It's more of a japanese thing like the facepaint the Great Muta had.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I stopped watching after losing interest during the 4th season. Whenever I hear about what's going on current day NXT, I just cringe and don't bother watching it. It sounds horrendous if I'm honest. Nothing can beat the first season. In fact, I think NXT was my favorite WWE show at that period.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I stopped watching after losing interest during the 4th season. Whenever I hear about what's going on current day NXT, I just cringe and don't bother watching it. It sounds horrendous if I'm honest. Nothing can beat the first season. In fact, I think NXT was my favorite WWE show at that period.
there have been some good matches you missed... mainly involving Tyson Kidd/Yoshi Tatsu... rest of the show is crap though

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
there have been some good matches you missed... mainly involving Tyson Kidd/Yoshi Tatsu... rest of the show is crap though
I'm sure they did put on good matches. But it's Tatsu and Kidd, why should I care? You get what I'm trying to say? Same thing applies to Superstars. Good matches, little reason to care.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
So it is no longer in "seasons"? No longer has rookies coming in to try and win a title match?

What's the point? It must be very repetative then if it consists of 8 superstars fighting every week....

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
After NXT left TV, I stopped watching, more or less. I check it here and there but all it seems it is is just WWE Superstars but continuous storylines.

I'd watch it more if the winner of that program actually got a title shot / push. Kaval asked for his release because they had nothing for him. Kaitlyn didn't appear on tv for months. Johnny Curtis got promo spots MONTHS AFTER he won and he appeared once on Smackdown, to get squashed.

If I may rant a bit, the same goes with Tough Enough, if they do have another seaosn. The Season 1 Winner hasn't even been in a match yet. Who even knows if he ever will be. If Season 2 happens I'm not gonna give a fuck, based on that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
In the new NXT Redemption, there are no rookies and there are no pros. There are no wins and there are no losses. There is no up and and there is no down. There is no beginning and there is no end. There are no ratings and there are no viewers. In fact this whole show doesn't even exist.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts