Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few years, WWE allways launched big storylines in the summer.

2011: Summer of Punk (shoot etc.)
2010: Nexus
2009: Punk vs. Hardy (arguably)

These are the years that I could remember from the head, you can probably find examples for the previous years as well.

So whats going to be in store for this year?

We have a returning Brock Lesnar right after Wrestlemania; we have the Rock's claim for the WWE Championship; we have constant pressure on Cena by Legends being the posterchild for the WWE.

Maybe Cena vs. Brock is the big money making feud for this Summer, but maybe there will be another sverve to it.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Whatever it is I hope it doesn't lead to no where like the ones you mentioned from the last few years.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Invasion style storyline with Rollins, Ohno and few others...

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
WWE dictatorship - Lesnar, Otunga, Tensai, Lauranitis - pissing off the WWE fans and the rest of lock room - making hard work for Sheamus, Cena, Punk etc. Ending in team vs team possibly with The Rock or HHH coming in for the save.

Batista or Goldberg retuning - coming into to save team WWE instead he turns heel and joins team Lesnar.

Lesnar Vs CM Punk for WWE title.

Lesnar Vs The Rock

CM Punk calling out Stone Cold.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
I certainly hope it's something big. I mean last summer was some of the best stuff I have seen in ages in the WWE and really thought they'd push CM Punk on from there, but if anything they have made him more generic as apposed to making him more loose which is a shame.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Brock Lesnar squash CM Punk, take the belt from him and WWE release Punk.
You are a justin gabriel mark and you want Punk to be released? :troll

Reactions: doinktheclowns

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
yeah summer always has the coolest storylines

2011 : rise of CM Punk

2010 : the Nexus

2009 : Punk vs Hardy

(missed out on 2007-2008 so i can't say)

2006 : Edge/Cena saga

2005 : Eddie/Rey custody of Dominic (although the idea was stupid i enjoyed it)

2004 : Evolution turns on Orton

2003 : Kane unmasks and destroys everyone + Lesnar and Vince unite

2002 : the rise of Brock Lesnar

2001 : The Rock returns to save WWF

2000 : the Love Triangle storyline with Steph/HHH/Angle

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
The Summer of the Dragon. Basically Lesnar takes over the WWE, and demloishes everyone (even taking the wwe title off of Punk) except for one man, Daniel Bryan. They start feuding and going into Summerslam it's Lesnar vs DB for the title. After an epic match, DB makes Lesnar tap out with the Yes Lock to win the title and save the WWE.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Lesnar & Johnny vs the WWE eventually leading to Johnny losing control of Raw.

And I would assume Punk v Big Johnny to as he trys to get the belt off Punk. I would assume they would include this with the Lesnar storyline but I could see them keeping it seperate to.

And also of course the release of Justin Gabriel :troll

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
All the Dirt Sheets are saying Orton wraps up the Kane storyline by embracing evil and hate. He adopts the "Legend Killer" persona, gets a little looser and more evil on the mic, and takes a run at Lesnar during SummerSlam in some variety of Hardcore match.

Basically Lesnar V. The World. Lord Tensai is the midcard version of Lesnar V. The World. Hell, Kharma could be coming back and we could get that storyline too, Kharma V. The World. 2011 was the Year of the Veterans and The Year of the Independents. I think 2012 is the Year of the Monster.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Summer of GOAT.

Vince soon realized Daniel Bryan is a charisma and wrestling machine, so after he gets drafted to RAW and beats Punk for the title. He beats Lesnar and The Rock in a handicap match as he heads on to to Main Event WM against The Undertaker.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts