Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Is This?
This is our new area of the forum where you can post columns!

What Is A Column?
The only criteria for a column is that it be wrestling related and be a minimum of 800 words. So that can be breaking down your thoughts on a particular topic or a review of a particular match or show or some wild and crazy fantasy booking idea you have for instance.

Why Is This A Thing?
Because seabs wanted it to be…
The idea is to give everyone a place where more in depth posts can be made without getting lost in the clutter of threads full of one line posts. Hopefully it will also encourage people to create more in depth content that’s generally more interesting for other people to read, as well as giving users an easy to find destination for those who are looking for more fleshed out opinions.

Who Can Post A Column?
Anyone! There’s no criteria at all as long as it’s 800+ words on a wrestling related topic.

When You Say “Wrestling”?
Anything wrestling. WWE wrestling, old school wrestling, international wrestling, indies wrestling, midget wrestling, whatever you want!

How Do I Post A Column?
In just the same way you would post a thread, only you do it in this forum.

Will I Feel Aroused When I Post A Column?
Hopefully!

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
It is annoying when you write what you feel like was an in depth, thought out, post and it gets lost in the shuffle of a busy thread but don't we risk our opinions getting lost for the opposite reasons if we isolate them away from the discussion in our threads over here? Or can we post a show review somewhere on the forum like "what are you watching" and if its over 800 words long, post it in our column thread as well to maximise coverage?

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
Thanks for this forum, it's an awesome idea. I hope it gets the traffic it deserves. I'll be posting later.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I'm enjoying reading some of these columns here. Lot of these writers have a lot to offer and are doing a great job.

I know I would like to write some myself, in the past at other sites I used to write about oldschool wrestling. These days many folks' idea of oldschool wrestling is the Attitude Era (hard to believe it's been 20 years so I suppose that is oldschool).

Who knows...maybe eventually we could allow columns about non-wrestling stuff. Entertainment, current events, etc. There are so many possibilities. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts