Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see a genuinely bad ass monster heel run roughshod in WWE now. Someone akin to Vader in WCW, early Undertaker and Brock Lesnar.
I'm getting sick of all these arrogant, cowardly heels like Damien Sandow and Fandango. They're ok but I want something a bit more threatening.
I'd love to see a genuinely threatening monster heel come in that can beat faces clean and genuinely looks like a unstoppable machine.
Mark Henry in 2011 shows that if booked correctly a monster heel can be very effective.
Anyone else think so?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
They all got fed to Cena.

This. They did it with Kanes return in 2011.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will top Kanes 03 monster heel run.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Vader in WCW is my personal favourite but Kane in 03 was absolute badass
Vader's feud with Flair in 93 proves that, if done right, that a monster heel can yield amazing results. I think if it had been booked better that his feud with Shawn in 96 could have been great as well.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
same thing as always

they debut, theyre cool, they beat everyone, they lose to the top face then fade away

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The McMahons are monster heels now. They seem to not wanna give that title to wrestlers anymore. Sad but true.

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts
same thing as always

they debut, theyre cool, they beat everyone, they lose to the top face then fade away
Truth. Unless they are truly a high caliber guy like Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, etc. they all just seem to fade away.

Vader will forever have my heart as the top monster heel of all time, if we aren't including guys like Brock and Taker who became faces. Vader would just beat guys to a pulp and leave them a bloody battered mess.

Right now, only Mark Henry would I consider a true monster top heel. Brock would fit that mold, but he only wrestles 4-5 times a year. I think Henry is absolutely tremendous, when healthy. That seems to be the key, as he hasn't been healthy enough the past year or so.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
They all got fed to Cena.
While Cena is definitely guilty of this, people need to remember the point of monster heels. A monster heel, in essence, is supposed to be booked as "unbeatable" until eventually, he is beaten by either the top face, or a face that is being heavily pushed. So basically, the problem with monster heels is that eventually they are destined to be beaten (by someone like Cena). It's in their nature.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
WWE seem to turn all their monster heels into comedy acts. Think about Khali, Tensai, Kane, Brodus Clay, Big Show. Mark Henry has maintained a monster presence for quite a while, but at this point in his career, a monster heel run wouldn't be fun to watch. 2 recent well booked monster heel runs are Sheamus from 2009 till 2010, then Henry in 2011. Henry's monster heel run was badass, but like I said, we've seen it many times. It's time for a few last storylines with Henry and hang it up!

Anyways, whatever happened to monster faces? They had a great one in Ryback last year, but they wanted to fuck it up, like they fuck everything up.

PS: How about Lesnar's current on and off monster heel run? Haha really, it disgusts me how this guy just comes, does his match, gets paid, leaves, comes back for another match, another paycheck, again leaves. It's bullshit. Us, as fans, shouldn't stand for that shit, but the fuck can we do?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
and theres no monster heels on the Divas side

For Monsters Heels..

Wrestlers: Undertaker (Greatest Monster heel ever), Kane

Divas: Kaitlyn, Aksana, and Eva Marie would make excellent Monster Heels (They also need to sign Amazon Annie!)

I agree there is a lack of Believable Monster Heels today!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts