Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I actually forgot all about this guy, but seriously ... he was bloody good!!!!

He came in as the black Sin Cara, until being unmasked but the dude had some serious talent .... in fact, I feel he was much better than what Sin Cara was, despite Sin Cara being a big star outside WWE previously.

I know a lot of talent on the roster often goes to waste .... but I think Hunico, is one to seriously think about and consider as one of the biggest wastes .... I actually forgot all about this guy until just now when I was browsing to see who was still left on the current WWE roster.

When was the last time Hunico was on TV ... he's probably less injury prone than Sin Cara, and I thought his wrestling style was very diverse, where he could do the whole Lucha Libre style, he was also a very good mat technician too ... so he could fit/suit and work with various talents ... but WWE never really seemed to use this with Hunico.

Seriously, I hope he gets brought back onto WWE TV soon, and put into some nice new fresh feuds, it would be nice to see a fresh face get involved in something here, don't we need that rather than the same old, same old all the time ... and I think Hunico would be an excellent choice to do so, I see no reason to have him on the shelf.

Thoughts???​

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Re: Whatever happened to Hunico? .. Another wasted talent???

I believe he tore his ACL last summer, had to be shortly after Raw 1000 because I'm pretty sure that was his last appearance. Then I heard he worked at WrestleMania Axxess this year, but haven't heard anything about him since, which is a shame because I do like the guy and I think he's a really talented performer. I'm really not too hopeful about his return if and when it's happening because he's a guy that could easily get lost in the shuffle not too long after his return. It does seem weird though that he hasn't been on TV this whole time.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

All I remember hearing about him was that he tore his ACL a year ago and returned for a match at WM axxess ( I think he worked a house show against Khali in August, I'm not sure)

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well he's still actually signed to the roster ... so who knows, I didn't know he had an injury (usually I'm up on these things) ... but yeah, he seems to have been off TV for a while now doesn't he, I can't even remember when he was last on TV?

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,319 Posts

From what I've heard he's sitting at home collecting a paycheck. He'd be great to bring back for the shows in Mexico. Great talent, huge waste.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

From what I've heard he's sitting at home collecting a paycheck. He'd be great to bring back for the shows in Mexico. Great talent, huge waste.
Really is, Rey's been off screen for so long, he could have been used to fill that gap, Sin Cara, well we all know Sin Cara is forever suspended or injured, Evan Bourne's always getting suspended, we've got Kofi, but that's about it.

But again, he actually is very versatile is Hunico, so he doesn't even have to stick to high flyers, I think he's very adaptable.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

a little off topic but whatever happened to David Otunga?

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I thought about Otungo recently too, I know he was off screen for The Call, but that's all done with now, so not too sure.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts

Hunico is awesome. I don't know why they haven't ever really used him. The main roster is crying out for more heel tag teams and Hunico and Camacho would fit perfectly. They could be used as hired thugs for Del Rio or something, there are so many possibilities.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yeah, they could do so many things with them, plus they'd be fresh faces too, which is good.

·
Registered
484 Posts

They wasted time on Sin Cara when they had Hunico.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I licked the gimmick of Mexican gangsters, they had that insane lowrider bike.
It was also the image of a high flying thug that I also found very entertaining.

Since Hunico's injury they used Camacho on NXT for a bit, so he should have improved as well meaning the two could make for a good tag team.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
He was fantastic as Sin Cara. Well he's just fantastic in general, sucks for him that the Cruiserweight Title isn't around anymore.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
He's a likable, charismatic guy - damn good in the ring as well. I always thought there was a lot of Eddie Guerrero to him in that regard. Wwe left a lot of money on the table with this guy, all because Sin Cara was a HHH guy.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I hate the Mexican thug gimmick. It's been done to death and is sort've offensive regardless.

Still, he's an under appreciated in-ring talent, but I'm not sire what would be the point of having him back. There are a lot of good workers in the WWE right and the mid card is such a horrible mess.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I hate the Mexican thug gimmick. It's been done to death and is sort've offensive regardless.

Still, he's an under appreciated in-ring talent, but I'm not sire what would be the point of having him back. There are a lot of good workers in the WWE right and the mid card is such a horrible mess.
Not like the "masked luchador" gimmick everybody want him to portray is the most unique, innovative and never seen before thing.

At least as a thugh he had a background and a unique-in WWE- look and style.

Poor Hunico, he's one hell of a cruiserweight. A million times better than the likes of Kofi.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
In regards to that GIF, Hunico has always seemed insanely strong for a little guy. INSANELY.

I don't see why the didnt repackage him into a different Lucha rather than bringing new ones.... although I think whilst his current gimmick is uninspired he has developed a fantastic move set for that character.

And to whoever said there's no room for him in the midcard, I agree with the guy above, he's a lot better than Mr transitional IC champ Kofi Kingston.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts