·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
:lmao rekt

"spam & deceptive practices" ? Someone's definitely been reporting them tbh

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
What happened to freedom of speech on youtube? Holy shit they are going way too far with this. And its not like having a video that discredits or criticizes youtube is against the rules. They bloody took them down because they didn't like what they said and because they can.

Funny enough, this might all come and bite youtube in the ass. Many, many youtubers have come out and complained about the new ad monetizing system is killing their channel. Then, theres always the random strikes that channels received for almost no reason that can never get taken back because youtube simply doesn't care enough. Now, taking down a video just because youtube didn't like the video might be the final straw that breaks the camels back. After all, if youtube could do this to a channel, whats stoping youtube from doing it to anyone else?

I say get some of the top youtubers and start a boycott. No one except large corporations are happy with this change and many of the biggest youtubers have been extremely vocal. It wouldn't be hard for these channels to just work together and stop posting videos. If they can get Pewdiepie in on it, who has been a known criticizer of the change, then boom. Every other smaller youtube channel will follow him and before you know it its not that hard to get channels of total over a hundred million subscribers suddenly stop posting videos.

Whatculture is also a pretty large business by itself meaning it has the funds and particularly the connections to British journalists to make this a large thing in Britain. It can get to the point where every British youtuber will join this boycott. And such an event would always trickle down into the mainstream anwyay. Youtube needs to know that they can't just do shit to other channels like this.

#WarAgainstYoutube

Yes, I'm dalty fightback got taken down. But I don't think a worldwide boycott of youtube is feasibly impossible when almost every youtuber out there has suffered to the ad monetizing change and the change in the recommended views algorithm. Considering that many of these people rely on youtube as their job, a lot of them are pretty miffed, and probably miffed enough that if one of two 20 plus million subscriber youtuber joins the boycott and calls for others to the same, everyone other smaller channel will too. Plus, its a free break from their job.

·
Registered
913 Posts
What happened to freedom of speech on youtube?
Well my guess and remember, I'm only guessing(!), is that spamming and using deceptive business practice(s) isn't welcome on YT.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I'm no lawyer but I don't think YouTube is violating anyones 1st amendment rights. Isn't WCPW based out of England? YouTube is an American website so I'm not even sure if the 1st amendment applies here.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I'm no lawyer but I don't think YouTube is violating anyones 1st amendment rights. Isn't WCPW based out of England? YouTube is an American website so I'm not even sure if the 1st amendment applies here.
I don't think it does. Youtube were completely in their rights to do that. Doesn't make it ethically right to remove a video that did not break of the rules you set just because you disn't like its content.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It doesn't. In this instance it's no different than a store kicking you out for any random reason because they don't want your business anymore.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I want to know what does Youtube have against wrestling? I've heard Joe Cronin and JDFROMNY complain about them as well.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Over the past few years I've gone from denying youtube is that bad, to wishing it would die and be replaced by a platform that doesn't treat it's creators like shit. The people who own/work for it are either incompetent retards, uncaring retards, or actually want to do something but are powerless. Susan Wojcikci whatever her name is has said she wants to improve this and that blah di blah, meetings have been had with incredibly popular youtubers, and yet it seems things keep getting worse, let alone there being little progress made. Die.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I want to know what does Youtube have against wrestling? I've heard Joe Cronin and JDFROMNY complain about them as well.
Nothing against wrestling specifically. Their YouTube ad business is in shit. Never really was profitable, but now they also got lots of shit from mainstream press and advertisers due to ads appearing in controversial videos, like, Disney doesn't want its ads appearing in videos where someone is making Nazi jokes. As a result Google started messing around to turn YouTube into more "advertisers friendly" platform and started hitting everything that could be considered controversial. And wrestling, due to its history, can obviously be considered controversial.

Big companies like WWE should be fine since they have their own separate deal with Google/YouTube. But smaller companies and individual youtubers are basically fucked and most of them are now pushing their audiences to some form of direct support (like Patreon) to sustain them.

·
Premium Member
11,150 Posts
This was the logo for Fight Back, ffs.

It was an odd decision for WCPW to rely so heavily on YouTube and make it their main platform because it leaves them powerless when YouTube goes through a policy change. YouTube's issues with wrestling (and other content not deemed ad friendly) is bad enough, why make it worse by biting the hand that feeds?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
imo. WCPW has come across as entitled for along time. While I'm not certain they should have to conform doubling down against your medium you use to distribute content seems ill fated. Hopefully, for their sake, they learn how to adapt instead of continuing on the same and expecting a different result. If not, they probably won't survive much longer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts