Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now, we all know how loved Miz is with the hardcore crowd nowadays. But there was a time when this man was the most hated man by the IWC and hardcore fanbase. Many people used to scoff at the fact that some horrible talent like him somehow managed to main event WrestleMania.

Which is why when I saw Miz's cagematch rating, I was shocked to see his rating in 2011, the year he main evented WrestleMania to be as high as 8.11 when I thought that would be the year where Miz would be hated the most. To put that into perspective, 8.11 is usually high enough for someone to be accepted into the main event by the IWC. It means that random people who visited his page, rated him out of 1 to 10 and gave him mostly an 8 probably out of 10. Yes, the Miz that supposedly no one saw any talent in managed to gain this rating. And its a higher rating than he's had this year.

Ratings show that Miz was actually most hated between 2013 to 2014 before basically having a career revival in 2015 and 2016 and now reaching the heights he was earlier on his career. So my question is, did we really hate Miz that much the year he main evented Mania and the year after? I wasn't really watching with the IWC's opinions in my mind during those times yet, but I had always assumed that Miz was hated by mostly everyone in the past? But if that were true, how can random wrestling fans rate him so highly between 2010-2012. Did we all hate him outwardly but bedgrudgingly respected his abillity quietly during those times?

Reactions: LucasXXII

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,474 Posts
As recently as 2015 he was utterly despised by most who acted like he didn't even deserve to be a fan of pro wrestling let alone be a pro wrestler. No year really stands out, he's just nearly always hated to an absurd degree.been

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Just from my experience I hated him the most the second half of 2011 when he was in the tag team with R-Truth. That was HOOORRIBLBE for his career.
He went from being a badass heel in 2010 - early 2011 (taking a monster bump and having one of the best video packages of all time at Mania) to a geek who teamed up with a complete loser. It was sad to watch.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
I don't really know about during his WWE title run because I wasn't reading forums and news site comment sections at the time, but I'm pretty sure his 2013 face run was widely seen as a bomb and he might have been very hated around that time as reflected in the ratings you posted.

Just from my experience I hated him the most the second half of 2011 when he was in the tag team with R-Truth. That was HOOORRIBLBE for his career.
He went from being a badass heel in 2010 - early 2011 (taking a monster bump and having one of the best video packages of all time at Mania) to a geek who teamed up with a complete loser. It was sad to watch.
People seemed to love Awesome Truth back then though?

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,602 Posts
It must have been before that Raw of 2009 with that hell of an angry look he received from that 8 year old girl, I bet that was when the ''internet community of wrestling'' started to take him seriously as a villain.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
People seemed to love Awesome Truth back then though?
I didn't follow the IWC in 2011, I listened to Meltzer/Alvarez but they always hated the Miz, they're haters. So I don't know. Crowd reactions seemed ok but just look at Miz walking out behind R-Truth it's 100% douchechills.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
He was enteraining in 2010-2011 therefor people did not dislike him. Same with 2016-2017. I'd say he was most hated when he was directionless and went between face and heel between 2012-2015

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I would think 2011 when he was in the main event match for Wrestlemania.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
2010-2015. Particularly the early 2010s. He was overpushed and nowhere near ready for that main event level. Didn't help that he was so badly overshadowed by CM Punk. He took his Mic work to an absolute next level over the past year and a half though.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
2010-2015. Particularly the early 2010s. He was overpushed and nowhere near ready for that main event level. Didn't help that he was so badly overshadowed by CM Punk. He took his Mic work to an absolute next level over the past year and a half though.
You can analyze tv-ratings and ppv-buys. Miz did much better as top heel than CM Punk did as face of Raw in 2011 and 2012.

CM Punk basically had one heyday ppv of his career and that was MITB 2011 at around 300 000 buys.

Miz headlined one of the top 3 biggest Wrestlemanias of all time

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Basically every year until now. How Miz got cheered over Cena at this year's Mania I will never understand.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Miz was most hated in 2013-2014? Really? Honestly, I can’t even remember what Miz was doing in 2013-2014. That whole time period for him was a blur.

I remember him being super hated in 2010-2011 when he was Mr. MITB, US Champion, and then eventually WWE Champion. Everything from Miz girl, his mini feud with King, impersonating The Rock, it all got him mega heat.

He’s been hated in 2016-2017 but there have also been plenty of times he’s been cheered in the past year for his promos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts