Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and by issues, i mean things like austin's domestic violence case, benoit's obvious crimes, orton's drug habits, angle's stalking/DUI cases, etc? i don't think i can ever recall the rock having any sort of personal problems. he always seems to be doing great. i think it's because he hasn't worked himself to the ground like the other guys mentioned. even at 39, his body hasn't taken that much damage. i'm really happy for him, and i hope he finds more success in the movie industry. i do hope he comes back every once in a while for more than just one show.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Christian, and most of the other AE vets like Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry.

edit: The Rock returned and managed to piss everyone off.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
He didn't piss them off directly.
CM Punk says The Rock brushed him off and that pissed him off. Although to be fair, I can imagine Punk being the kind to go "Look at Rock over there, sitting and eating a sandwich like he's a big shot :mad: "

And what was it that Hornswoggle said on his twitter? :lmao

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
CM Punk says The Rock brushed him off and that pissed him off. Although to be fair, I can imagine Punk being the kind to go "Look at Rock over there, sitting and eating a sandwich like he's a big shot :mad: "

And what was it that Hornswoggle said on his twitter? :lmao
But it was never anything serious. Both Punk and Rock posted a picture together after Wrestlemania on their Twitters so I'm sure they get on fine.

I have only heard wrestlers dislike him because he leaves and comes back to 'hog' the spotlight but it's not his fault. If WWE asked him to put any of the current roster over, he would do it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Didn't Taker and Brian Lee have something. In fact, wasn't Brian Lee sleeping with Takers wife and taker got him blackballed?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Isn't the Rock divorced (although still on good terms with his ex)?

When his wife was speaking on his DVD, I seem to remember the caption saying "former wife"...

As for an answer to the question... Kane has got to have one of the most squeaky clean reputations of any wrestler. No suspensions, seemingly no backstage arguments or politicking, no messy personal life (and if so, he keeps it seperate from his work life).

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Rock,Cena,Taker are probably 3 of the guys with the least problems/issues.

Though we never know what happens in Takers life cause he seems to have the most private life of any star in WWE history.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Isn't the Rock divorced (although still on good terms with his ex)?

When his wife was speaking on his DVD, I seem to remember the caption saying "former wife"...

As for an answer to the question... Kane has got to have one of the most squeaky clean reputations of any wrestler. No suspensions, seemingly no backstage arguments or politicking, no messy personal life (and if so, he keeps it seperate from his work life).
kane is a super cool guy in real life. relaxed and easy going. he's the complete opposite of his gimmick, lol. that's pretty awesome

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
But it was never anything serious. Both Punk and Rock posted a picture together after Wrestlemania on their Twitters so I'm sure they get on fine.

I have only heard wrestlers dislike him because he leaves and comes back to 'hog' the spotlight but it's not his fault. If WWE asked him to put any of the current roster over, he would do it.
Yea Vince McMahon was practically crying at the Rock's birthday party episode thanking him.

Rock didn't have to come back and do anything really--as was evidenced by the money he made on films alone in the past year. He was doing the WWE a favor, and probably would put over guys if asked. I think it's more or less that his legacy has gotten to be so big with the business that McMahon didn't/doesn't want him to now...just yet.

And yea--the Rock is divorced from his first wife but they get a long very well. She's actually his manager in real life. Very few ex-wives probably make it to be trusted with that.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Anyone saying Rock is false.

Rock beat the crap out of Foley in their I Quit match with the chairshots and didn't apologize nor act concerned. Until weeks if not months after the fact.

Rock was also considered a drama queen during his push in the 90's backstage.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Isn't Foley pretty much a decent family man? (I remember reading his book back in the day. He wasn't much of a drinker/partier). I don't know, maybe I missed something.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

Rock beat the crap out of Foley in their I Quit match with the chairshots and didn't apologize nor act concerned. Until weeks if not months after the fact.

Foley has said that Rock did apologize and come see him--he was mistaken and out of it so he didn't notice it.

So yea, you're incorrect.

As for Rock being a drama queen? I'm not so sure about that, though I did hear he was never a "one of the boys" type guy backstage. He just did his own thing and that was it. I dont' know if that's being a dramaqueen though, when I think of dramaqueens I think of guys that make big deals out of little things and cry if they don't get their way like 90s HBK or Matt Hardy.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts

He did come to apologize.

And learn what the term 'drama queen' means. Rock was never a guy that after shows would go out for drinks and get pissed. He'd come to work put peoples asses in seats and make all the 'boys' in the back richer and then go home or go to his hotel. What is wrong with that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts