Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So without going back to changing the way the match ended(as that gets Carmella and Ellsworth some heat) this is what I feel WWE should have done.

Okay, so keep everything the same from the start of the show up until the announcement. Have Daniel say to Carmalla. "So, after thinking it over, I can't exactly strip you of the Money in the Bank when no rules, was officially broken." which gets some boos from the crowd, and the other women mad while Carmella and James celebrate it, before Daniel cuts them off. "HOWEVER, I can make you defend that briefcase next week, in a Money in the Bank REMATCH!" before going onto add that James is BANNED from ringside for the match which gets a big pop from the crowd.

So basically they can keep the match for next week, without having to look dumb and taking it away from her, when her or James didn't break any rules, as they even said that themselves. Daniel only took it from her, because he didn't like that James got involved. I would have Carmella still win, just to help her get a little bit more heat from the crowd when she goes about how much of a waste it was to redo the match when she still won again ANYWAY.

·
Registered
976 Posts
what i'd rather wish they'd done is have the women coming out feeling aggrieved. DB saying look technically she didnt break the rules so i cant strip her of the briefcase. But next week there will be a Fatal 4 Way elimination match between Tamina Nattie Charlotte n Becky to determine who will face Carmella for a chance to win the briefcase.

Rather than just re-hash the MITB.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I would have had Ellsworth walk out with the briefcase at the ppv without giving it to Carmella. Then he has to give it to one of the women and it is unclear which he will give it to.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I would have had Carmella keep the briefcase, and build on the heat that she had.

Then they could build towards another historic women's match for Naomi's championship, and that's where I'd have Carmella cash in.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
So they basically admitted that there was outrage that James helped Carmella and they caved to the outrage. Outrage that the hyped women's match was won by the help from a man.

Meanwhile there's no disqualifications, so anything goes. As history has shown that at MIB, several times the winner won by cheating from outside interference. But somehow now it's a problem because it's women involved. So much for the women's equality movement.

Dumb move, Let Carmella keep the briefcase. Her and James as a duo are perfect heels and even more perfect as holders of the briefcase.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
What they should have done is not booked the match at MitB so stupidly in the first place.

But yeah, framing the rematch such that Carmella is defending the case, while being the exact same thing in real terms, would have at least seemed like a more legitimate choice.

I was kinda hoping that Bryan was going to book Becky Vs. Ellsworth, where if James loses, Carmella would be stripped of the case, under the pretense that James won it for her, so it's only fair that he's the one who can potentially lose it. Then Becky can beat James, and thus frame the MitB rematch in a slightly altered context.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What they did made the most sense.
How so? No rules were broken, so Daniel basically just took it from Carmella because he as I said, doesn't James. Hell, they've been time that rules HAVE been broken in matches and they say "Well, we can't do anything because a refs decision is final." but yet here, all that is thrown out the window, no DQ is thrown out the window, no rule saying someone else can't get the case for you...THROWN OUT THE WINDOW. So no, it doesn't make the most sense.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
Taking it off her made no sense at all.

WWE is getting more like the Bischoff years of TNA every week.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would have had Ellsworth walk out with the briefcase at the ppv without giving it to Carmella. Then he has to give it to one of the women and it is unclear which he will give it to.

I would also do this but have the women spend the next few weeks falling over each other trying to impress him/maybe even sexual encounters are insinuated creating some chances for actual character development and storys. At the day of the PPV he gives it someone completely different not an NXT girl but someone completely new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts