Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Wrestling book someday, maybe even for this year's Christmas but I really don't know where to start, I guess I could buy one of a favorite wrestler of mine such as Edge but I've heard that his book was one of the weakest. So that's why I made this thread.

What books do you recommend?

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
1. Chris Jericho's Book
2. Bret Hart's book
3. Mick Foley's 1st book but not 2nd

In that order.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Eddie Guerrero: Cheating Death, Stealing Life.

Only one I've read, but it's still one of the best books I've ever read.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
Jericho's, Bret Hart's, Mick Foley's 1st and Eddie Guerrero's are all a good read imo.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm enjoying 'Wrestling's 101 Strangest Matches' by Oliver Hurley. There's some great stuff here, including lots of weirdness from Japan, including a fight between an electric heater and a ladder. Yes, two inanimate objects.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Death of WCW

Highly recommend this one. Best wrestling book I've ever read.

Written by Bryan Alvarez (from the Observer) and J.D.Reynolds, this book gives you great insight to everything that was going on in WCW from the beginning to the very end.

You'll probably get a headache from all the information about ratings, buyrates, attendance numbers, wages and other things. So if you're interested in this kind of things, this is the book for you.

Plus, this is also the funniest book I'ver ever read because theres so much absurd trivia, things you wouldn't believe. And Bryan writes this in such a fantastic, humorous way that I had to laugh real hard several times.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
1. Chris Jericho - A Lions Tale
2. Eddie Guerrero - Cheating Death, Stealing Life
3. Mick Foley - Have A Nice Day, Hardcore Diaries

I haven't read Bret's yet, so I don't have an opinion on it quite yet. But the ones in the list I have read and really enjoyed. Would recommend them to anybody.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I'd write a massive essay about all the wrestling books I've read and what their high points and low points are but I've reviewed them all for my youtube channel. Here's my favorite 3 off the top of my head.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,032 Posts
The Death of WCW, A Lion's Tale, Cheating Death, Stealing Life, any of Mick Foley's books (except Wrescle Lane), and Bret Hart's book.

The Death of WCW is my absolute favorite. Shows the full insight on how to observe how you can be successful running a wrestling promotion and avoid the mistakes that turned to even bigger mistakes that plagued WCW.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Vince Russo: How WCW Killed Vince Russo - dispels alot of the myths about him and gives some interesting insight to behind the scenes.

His first book 'Forgiven' was also very good but was more religious heavy

All of mick foley's are extremely good, again lots of insight

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Vince Russo: How WCW Killed Vince Russo - dispels alot of the myths about him and gives some interesting insight to behind the scenes.

His first book 'Forgiven' was also very good but was more religious heavy

All of mick foley's are extremely good, again lots of insight
I want to read his 2nd book but I've not come across it anywhere! I may have to order it offline if I can't find it.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I'm a huge fan/collector of Wrestling books, so

1) Eddie's
2) Bret's

I'm also a fan of Andre's legendary life book, as well as Bischoffs.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I just got "Pure Dynamite" which is the Dynamite Kid's book and thus far it's been a pretty good read. Also Jericho's, Shawn's, and I have enjoyed all of Foley's (Have a Nice Day, Foley is Good, Hardcore Diaries and Countdown to Lockdown).

·
Registered
887 Posts
Jericho's is the best I reckon, well written, funny, entertaining and it flows really wel. He's a very intelligent man.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I just got "Pure Dynamite" which is the Dynamite Kid's book and thus far it's been a pretty good read. Also Jericho's, Shawn's, and I have enjoyed all of Foley's (Have a Nice Day, Foley is Good, Hardcore Diaries and Countdown to Lockdown).
You really enjoyed Shawn's book? It was easily the worst wrestling book I've read.

My rankings:

1. A Lions Tale
2. Death of WCW
3. First Mick Foley book
4. Bret Hart's book (felt long in some parts)
5. Hogan's first book
6. Austin's book
7. Hogan's most recent book
8. Shawn Micheal's book

Currently reading Controversy Creates Cash by Bischoff.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Death of WCW used to be my favourite, probably read it 3 or 4 times. There is so much going on in that book that you often forget half the stuff by the time you have finished the it. However, after reading Bret Hart's book I think that would have to my favourite. He states that he kept a diary of his whole career which is probably why the book is so detailed. It covers the late 80's, early 90's era of the WWF so well which is probably why I like it so much. Yes, it is a long book but if you do have an interest in that era of wrestling it is a must.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts