Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wrestler, past or present, strengthens your suspension of disbelief the most?

I feel it's much harder to do that now, considering how the industry became so widely exposed.

For some reason Kurt Angle has always made me suspend my disbelief the most.

You?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Triple H has always been believable, inside and outside the ring.

Bret Hart made me feel what he was doing in that ring absolutely mattered and was real to some degree.

Angle I agree with too.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Stone Cold during his feud with Bret Hart.Either he was a very good actor or that much intensity stemmed from wanting to prove something to all those people who buried him in WCW.

HHH as a heel always felt like he was a extension of his real life character.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
Brock Lesnar. I used to watch this dudes UFC fights like he was the character Brock Lesnar. When he lost to Velasquez I was shocked as hell. I know he lost to Mir before that but that was by a lucky submission. I legit thought that there was no one on the planet that could just kick his ass.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wrestlers who wrestle a more brawling, less flashy style make it easier to lose yourself in the idea that two guys are really fighting each other. It also helps, as people have alluded, if your character seems very genuine and real. So overall for me, all time Mick Foley increased my suspension of disbelief most because he did both those two things, plus he truly did beat the fuck out of himself.

So stiff guys is a category for me too I guess...not like indy lame wannabe strong style dudes who take hits and moves like that but still keep coming, but someone like Vader, who would come in, knock you around, then beat you just like it was a real fight where he just straight kicked your ass. Vader scared me as a child lol.

For current guys, I agree with what has been said before, and would like to add Sami Zayn to the mix, because his character seems very genuine and although he does some flashy stuff in the ring that takes you out of it to some degree, he is so engaging and makes you lose yourself in the spectacle, so it works in a different way.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Angle and Brock Lesnar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts