Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the B/R-esque style of writing, but it's late and sleep tends to erase my ideas whether good or bad. Nevertheless, here are my suggestions to what wrestlers in WWE look like a perfect coupling together.

1. Sheamus and Drew McIntyre

I always thought that Sheamus and Drew should've been a tag team, and had Becky not been pushed, a stable as well with her inclusion. The Bar is a good watch, but having an Irishman who cherishes his Celtic culture teaming up with--and restraining--a mean-looking Scottish monster makes more logical sense than pairing him with a coffee lover born in a country known for being neutral during wartime, just because both men are European.

2. Cesaro managed by William Regal

Speaking of Swiss coffee aficionados, Regal should've been Cesaro's manager when he was a singles competitor. You could just visualize how Regal would wax poetically about finally having a man of culture as his protegé. That, and Cesaro would have been spared from cutting promos and sounding like when JCVD recited his lines in Street Fighter as Guile.

3. Big E and Apollo Crews

Both men look like a perfect match IMO. Two similarly-sized guys where Big E is both the muscle and mouthpiece, and Apollo is the showcase. Both could brag about how they look and overpower their foes with ease, thus making the tag division more entertaining to watch. And no, it's not because they're black.

5. Rowan and Strowman

Nuff said.

6. Xavier Woods managing Keith Lee

If he's ever considered for a singles push, I'd have Keith Lee be managed by Woods. Two nerds at heart that get along quite well despite the size discrepancy. Personally, I never bought in the New Day schtick of having to reference geek culture, mostly because I never saw Kofi or Big E as geeks themselves. But Lee fits the "gentle giant" trope quite perfectly to the point he can be seen as the antithesis to Lesnar: Big and scary-looking, but not intent to be a savage man-hunting animal. With Woods at his side to cut promos for him, all Lee has to do mow down his opponents.

7. Andrade Cien Almas and Dominic (w/ Rey Mysterio)

Unlike the Big E/Crews pairing, this one is based on their shared Mexican heritage, and for good reason. Rey feels that his body is no longer at peak level, and with Andrade besting him for the US title, Rey feels that he is his true successor of the Mexican lucha style in WWE. However, Rey also wants Dominic to experience lucha at its highest level, so he offers his managerial services to Andrade under the guarantee that Andrade mentors Dom in the ring, essentially using Andrade as a proxy to train his son. Oh, and Zelina Vega is out.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,052 Posts
Eva Marie and Roman Reigns
Turn Roman heel and go all out with it by pairing him with the heat magnet known as Eva Marie.

Nikki Bella and Roman Reigns
Same as above.

The Miz, John Morrison, Zack Ryder, and Dolph Ziggler
These four are great friends in real life and have a lot of chemistry working together.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,700 Posts
Sorry for the B/R-esque style of writing, but it's late and sleep tends to erase my ideas whether good or bad. Nevertheless, here are my suggestions to what wrestlers in WWE look like a perfect coupling together.

1. Sheamus and Drew McIntyre
2. Cesaro managed by William Regal
3. Big E and Apollo Crews
5. Rowan and Strowman
6. Xavier Woods managing Keith Lee
7. Andrade Cien Almas and Dominic (w/ Rey Mysterio)
Amazingly, you've perfectly copied the WWE's lazy, unimaginative, and frankly racist tendency to create tag teams based solely on race and/or nationality. Literally EVERY team you dreamed up is a same-same pairing in terms of what they look like. The lack of imagination is staggering.

Brock would never go with it, but a full-blown tag team with Shelton Benjamin could be fun. They have their shared history and amateur wrestling background but, at the same time, they're COMPLETELY different performers in 2020. Could be a fun pairing, if only for one extended tag championship run.

Personally, I think a Ricochet/Dolph Ziggler tag team could be nuts. Put them in matching gear and give them a clever name and a finisher (Zig-Zag right into Ricochet's flippy business from the top rope?) and you've automatically created one of the best workrate tag teams in the world.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazingly, you've perfectly copied the WWE's lazy, unimaginative, and frankly racist tendency to create tag teams based solely on race and/or nationality. Literally EVERY team you dreamed up is a same-same pairing in terms of what they look like. The lack of imagination is staggering.

Brock would never go with it, but a full-blown tag team with Shelton Benjamin could be fun. They have their shared history and amateur wrestling background but, at the same time, they're COMPLETELY different performers in 2020. Could be a fun pairing, if only for one extended tag championship run.

Personally, I think a Ricochet/Dolph Ziggler tag team could be nuts. Put them in matching gear and give them a clever name and a finisher (Zig-Zag right into Ricochet's flippy business from the top rope?) and you've automatically created one of the best workrate tag teams in the world.
Your opinion, dude. With all due... respect, your second suggestion is quite bland and lacking in ambition. Your reason to pair Dolph and Rico is based on a combined finisher, which is quite meta from a creative standpoint.

Roman Reigns w/ Kurt Angle.

A Jobber that loses 24/7 where Reigns can learn from a veteran and finally get some damn charisma.
Reigns, uncharismatic?

A heel Reigns managed by Triple H.
They missed out on that when Batista left in '14.

·
3,700 Posts
Did my response hurt your pride?
Oh, no, not at all. Nothing you could muster could even approach that. I just think it's sort of cute that, when I correctly pointed out that you're either too dense or too ignorant to realize that you did EXACTLY what WWE does and made six different pairings running entirely on racial/ethnic/national origin, the best your flaccid mind could muster was "That's your opinion." That doesn't hurt my pride...it hurts my faith in what's left of this forum.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, no, not at all. Nothing you could muster could even approach that. I just think it's sort of cute that, when I correctly pointed out that you're either too dense or too ignorant to realize that you did EXACTLY what WWE does and made six different pairings running entirely on racial/ethnic/national origin, the best your flaccid mind could muster was "That's your opinion." That doesn't hurt my pride...it hurts my faith in what's left of this forum.
Your criticism was based on your personal comparison of my suggestions to the ones WWE have executed in the past, and stated that they are both bland and fixated on ethnic monoliths, despite my descriptions as to why they should be paired together. Meanwhile, you desire to see Ziggler and Ricochet paires together because apparently they can combine an undescribable finisher that you won't bother elaborate upon.

·
3,700 Posts
Your criticism was based on your personal comparison of my suggestions to the ones WWE have executed in the past, and stated that they are both bland and fixated on ethnic monoliths, despite my descriptions as to why they should be paired together. Meanwhile, you desire to see Ziggler and Ricochet paires together because apparently they can combine an undescribable finisher that you won't bother elaborate upon.
The fact remains that you fell into the exact same lazy, racist behavior that has plagued WWE (and many other promotions, for that matter) for generations, and you still haven't explained WHY you could only come up with same-same pairings. Stuck in the same antiquated "pair black guys with other black guys", weak line of thinking. Very sad.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Braun Strowman Eric Rowan the Viking Raiders and AOP managed by Paul Heyman have them go after both the WWE, Universal championships and the RAW and SMACKDOWN tag belts HHH should manage the Undisputed Era.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Andrade, Garza & Vega would be amazing as long as they don't book them as their usual generic 'anti-American' gimmick. Just have them being huge ego'd cheating heels similar to Eddie style.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,838 Posts
(Tag Team)
Aleister Black/Drew McIntyre

It's testing the waters yes but I'd think they would fit quite nicely as a Mid term Tag Team.

(Singles Superstar w Manager)
Roman Reigns/Paul Heyman

I still think this is a good platform to promote a Heel Roman Reigns.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The fact remains that you fell into the exact same lazy, racist behavior that has plagued WWE (and many other promotions, for that matter) for generations, and you still haven't explained WHY you could only come up with same-same pairings. Stuck in the same antiquated "pair black guys with other black guys", weak line of thinking. Very sad.
So it's only offensive if the guys I pair are black, but you're notably mum on Mexican ethnics and Celts coupled together. Astounding deduction there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts