Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions for this thread,

Lets say we are in a smarky crowd like Chicago, New York, London, Miami, etc... and a wrestler debuted in WWE who was never contracted with WWE or WCW made their debut, what wrestler would get the biggest ovation? Who do you think would also have the longest staying power?

·
Banned
254 Posts
Re: What wrestler, that wasn't in WWE/WCW, would get the best pop if they debuted on

EDIT: wrong

·
Banned
914 Posts
Re: What wrestler, that wasn't in WWE/WCW, would get the best pop if they debuted on

Samoa Joe
AJ Styles

....can't think of anybody else.

Oh, and Miami is NOT a smarky crowd btw. Don't let the mostly tourist Wrestlemania crowd fool you.

·
Registered
592 Posts

Maybe Abyss or AJ Styles.

Most of the Japanese or Mexican stars that I can think of that would get a reaction were in WCW.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts

Probably Samoa Joe, quite honestly. But he'd have to be a re-motivated, in-shape Samoa Joe to have much staying power.

·
Banned
254 Posts

Samoa Joe an AJ were both in the WWE.

·
Registered
91 Posts

I realize the question asks for individual wrestlers, but I think, if handled right, the Motor City Machine Guns could make for some good pop material. Lord knows the Tag Team 'Division' is in need of a booster shot of some kind.

As for individual wrestlers, I'd have to go with Bobby Roode. I could see Abyss getting quite a pop too, especially if he was to challenge Kane to a battle royale.

·
Banned
254 Posts

Only as Sunday Night Heat jobbers. They weren't contracted.
Yes they were, don't talk out of your ass.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Austin aeries in a smarky crowd would get a huge pop

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts

Samoa Joe
Desmond Wolfe
Robert Roode
Austin Aries

·
Registered
21,665 Posts

Samoa Joe
AJ Styles

....can't think of anybody else.

Oh, and Miami is NOT a smarky crowd btw. Don't let the mostly tourist Wrestlemania crowd fool you.
Maybe Abyss or AJ Styles.

Most of the Japanese or Mexican stars that I can think of that would get a reaction were in WCW.
AJ Styles, easily.
AJ Styles was in WCW...

Yes they were, don't talk out of your ass.
AJ & Joe were never contracted by the WWE. They both were given trial matches on television but that was it, nothing more.

I'd go with Samoa Joe or KENTA to get a big pop from a smark crowd.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

Maybe AJ Styles, yes he was in WCW, but not as a big name.
TNA's made starst arren't big enough. Nobody would give a fuck about Roode or the fat cowboy.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe get as big a pop as is actually possible working in The Impact Zone but when TNA goes on the road or their overseas tours you actually realise just how big their pops actually are. The problem is though that the internet means nothing is a surprise anymore for the most part which would water their pop down but i think both men could be great in WWE if given a chance.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts

In smarky places, any big ROH guy, or guys like Joe/AJ as people have said.

Although if Raw goes to Nebraska and Utah and a big ROH dude debuts there...wanna see that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.