Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how good or bad of an impact TNA put on, people on here seem to complain either way saying that the impact was horrible etc.

So what i would like to know, if you where booking TNA, what would your ideal impact look like or consist of?

·
Registered
919 Posts
More focus on singles matches instead of trying to get all the wrestlers TV time with tag and triple threat matches.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I miss the intensity of the X division when X division matches used to be the highlight.

Less women, hell NO WOMEN. Women wrestling is boring and history past and present proves it. They might in the past got the highest rated segment but I doubt it was because of the wrestling. The audience that watches Spike TV like the eye candy. I hate it though, you can preach about SHIMMER all you want, WOMEN WRESTLING IS BORING. Use their time and give it to the X division.

Logical storylines, with less focus on stables and power struggle between owners.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
What the Attitude Era was, and a good Women's Division.

Its already proven that people want to see serious women who can wrestle(Gail,Melina,Kong,Nattie,etc).
They are like Madusa and Blaze, waste of money and space. WWE made money off DIVAS and selling sex. I have no problem if TNA use these women in other roles but not wrestling.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Kurt Angle "accidentally" botching a German Suplex on Jeff Jarrett, with Jarrett being paralyzed from the neck down or killed. Really.

Samoa Joe once more getting a HUGE monster push and returning to the world title picture, with good storylines for him to get motivated for, starting with...

Desmond Wolfe returning and winning the TNA world title, laying the groundwork for a Wolfe-Joe feud for the title.

Douglas Williams and AJ Styles having a ladder match with a good amount of time.

And Scott Steiner getting to shoot for the rest of the show. Seriously.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
PPV Matches with huge pays offs and display actual athletic competition, without Russo booking. I am thinking Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Liger for Light Heavyweight title or Austin vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania in terms of performance, storytelling, and crowd reaction.

The shows themselves as of now have no logical flow, waste air time on established stars and old people from the 1990s (Sting, Team 3Dm, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair). Ex-WWE talent get sky rocketed to the top at the expense of making new stars. So, I would want the show to be the opposite of that, and people are pushed based on merit and being over. No more hot shotting titles and big matches for free. No more "bug surprises." The show should be balanced between good promos and wrestling.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Mostly in ring promos, more backstage interviews which we don't get many of these days with the way they film backstage segments. No pointless matches, keep it limited to 3-4 matches per show that all move a story along. I basically want everything on the show to move along the storylines.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Some decent length wrestling matches with the guys that can really go. Stories that make sense and build up to the PPV. Up until this Thursday, I didn't really even realize there was a PPV this Sunday. They were too busy hyping up March 3rd. Take away some of the backstage segments. Make the X Division and TV Title division actually matter. They are a good excuse to make a good storyline. Start building the company on the young stars. Jarrett should be putting over one of the young guys now instead of this stupid wedding angle(That's one of the major things that has annoyed me during Impact lately, I fast forward through it.). Less "Power Struggle" storylines. I doubt it's even over......

If I had more time I'd write more. Maybe later. Oh yeah, BIG ONE. I know they can't do it every week right now, but Impact on the road was SO much better, being away from the Shitzone and those annoying fans! The ideal Impact would take place in a small arena in a city of good wrestling fans.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
In a word: Balanced.
In more words, Stables, Tag-Teams, Singles, Knockouts, X-divison, Heavyweights, Middleweights, (I know it's not an actual division), all with top talent in their respective divisions given balanced ATTENTION. If not in the space of one show, then surely in the space of two Impacts or one PPV.
Is this too much to ask?

Madison Rayne wearing a variety of slutty fancy dress costumes for 2 hours.
And this if the balance thing can't be worked out. lol

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Mostly in ring promos, more backstage interviews which we don't get many of these days with the way they film backstage segments. No pointless matches, keep it limited to 3-4 matches per show that all move a story along. I basically want everything on the show to move along the storylines.
Good point, the reaction-like segments has killed the interview/promo cutting portion of the show. WWE doesn't do them for a reason is because the reaction style segments should be save for big moments. Wrestlers need to learn how to cut promos and sell themselves.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Small things: Less gimmick matches, less pointless segments littered with veterans that do not actually promote future pay per view events, no canned heat, no Impact zone, no free world title matches the Impact after a pay per view that had a lesser main event.

Big Things: PROMOTE YOUR PAY PER VIEWS!! Focus more on home grown talent. Hire younger talent who can both go in the ring and cut promos that make you want to dish out money for the next pay per view, guys like Chris Hero, Austin Aries, Adam Pearce etc. No big ladder match or cage match right before or right after a pay per view, the big blow off match must always be a pay per view match and not an Impact match. No more Jeff Hardy (he just isn't safe in the ring any more and he's got about as much passion as crackwhore). Stop pushing your Stings, your Hardys and your Andersons and push someone who can have the best match on the card no matter who they face, your AJ's, your Joe's, even your Popes and Wolfs.

Just make people want to see your pay per views, and treat every pay per view like it's a big deal. And 6-8 pay per views a year so we can get good build and not "Throwaway pay per views" There should be no thing as a "throwaway pay per view".

1 - 20 of 46 Posts