Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In NXT, what would you do with the following guys? Who would you release? Who would you use? What gimmicks would you give them?

Angelo Dawkins
Baron Corbin
Buddy Murphy
Danny Burch
Jason Jordan
Judas Devlin
Kalisto
Knuckles Madsen
Mickey Keegan
Sawyer Fulton
Simon Gotch
Solomon Crowe
Travis Tyler
Troy McClain

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,319 Posts
Mickey Keegan was really big here in New England. I was really hoping that they'd do something with him.
Overall, they need to be holding NXT house shows or take over or start another minor federation.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Angelo Dawkins is accompanying Sasha Banks at house shows, he looks like he's doing some sort of swag rapper gimmick so I expect we'll see that on TV at some point when he's ready to be pushed. Otherwise he could probably do an Ali gimmick since he looks a bit like him.
Baron Corbin seems like he might have some talent but needs a total repackage in terms of name/look and character. I think he could make a good heel at some point if he cuts out the evil/psychological gimmick that so many people try to give themselves.
Danny Burch uses a soccer hooligan gimmick which I doubt will get over or have any longevity, which is a shame because he seems like a pretty talented guy but very limited in terms of what he can do character-wise IMO.
Jason Jordan reminds me of Rocky Maivia. He's the world's blandest man ATM and needs to find some sort of edge before he's going anywhere.
I imagine Kalisto and Crowe are just waiting to debut with their indy gimmicks.
Sawyer Fulton seems to have some kind of bizarre Clockwork Orange type gimmick at house shows that I want to see more of before writing him off completely.
The rest can all be jobbed out or released as far as I'm concerned.
Mickey Keegan was really big here in New England. I was really hoping that they'd do something with him.
Overall, they need to be holding NXT house shows or take over or start another minor federation.
They already do NXT house shows where most of these guys wrestle. I'm surprised Mickey Keegan was popular since he has jobber written all over him on NXT, and hasn't even been seen in that role recently.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,319 Posts
Angelo Dawkins is accompanying Sasha Banks at house shows, he looks like he's doing some sort of swag rapper gimmick so I expect we'll see that on TV at some point when he's ready to be pushed. Otherwise he could probably do an Ali gimmick since he looks a bit like him.
Baron Corbin seems like he might have some talent but needs a total repackage in terms of name/look and character. I think he could make a good heel at some point if he cuts out the evil/psychological gimmick that so many people try to give themselves.
Danny Burch uses a soccer hooligan gimmick which I doubt will get over or have any longevity, which is a shame because he seems like a pretty talented guy but very limited in terms of what he can do character-wise IMO.
Jason Jordan reminds me of Rocky Maivia. He's the world's blandest man ATM and needs to find some sort of edge before he's going anywhere.
I imagine Kalisto and Crowe are just waiting to debut with their indy gimmicks.
Sawyer Fulton seems to have some kind of bizarre Clockwork Orange type gimmick at house shows that I want to see more of before writing him off completely.
The rest can all be jobbed out or released as far as I'm concerned.
They already do NXT house shows where most of these guys wrestle. I'm surprised Mickey Keegan was popular since he has jobber written all over him on NXT, and hasn't even been seen in that role recently.
First of all, very informative post.
I've been wondering where Keegan was. He really was impressive up here. We get NECW on TV and he was consistently one of their top stars. Guess he's become a big fish in a little pond, little guppy in the ocean situation.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Team Danny Burch up with Oliver Grey. The council estate, working class football/soccer hooligan with the upper class, all high and mighty, well spoken gentlemen from Kent.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Troy McClain and Travis Tyler are teaming up on the house show circuit as "The All Star Club", I think it's a varsity jock gimmick team.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts