• Great

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Black

Votes: 123 72.8%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
in this thread you can talk about all of your favorite Kofi Kingston moments matches and madness!

Kofi Kingston is probably my fav wrestler he is an increbly athletic man with fantastic wresting skills and amazing high flying moves. His finishing move trouble in paradise is my 3rd fav finish after air bourne and the 450 splash.

He reminds me of a mix of Rey Mysterio and Booker T.

Realize.

My fav Kofi Kingston moment is when he broke Randy Ortons car.

My fav Kofi Kingston match is when beat Chris Jerico

My fav Kofi Kingston madness is when he jamaicand us crazy!

Realize.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Re: Kofi Kingston fan thread!

My favourite Kingston moment was all the times he got buried on Superstars over the years.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

Obvious troll is obvious, if you really liked Kofi you wouldn't put "black" as a choice in the poll.

My favourite Kingston match is probably one of his many with Ziggler, they were all very good. Moment I'd say the boom drop on Orton at MSG.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Dice -

He jumps high in every single match he has he is a great wrestler and has amazing athletism.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Another great Kofi Kingston moment is when he and The Great One formed air boom and won the tag team champeonships they were a amazing team.

Realize.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

lol at the poll results.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

I was about to come in and say I thought he was pretty shit and then I saw I saw the last option of the poll.

Kudos to you O.P, I will never say anything bad about Kofi Kingston again.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts

LOL @ the poll. But nah, I really like Kofi, he has heaps of potential. My favorite moment of his was when he boom dropped Orton through a table at Madison Square Garden. That has to be the highlight of his career, having his name chanted throughout the greatest arena in the world.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
I would have him win Money in the Bank and successfully cash in for a heavyweight title at a PPV as the main event.

The only person I remember who did this was Rob Van Dam in 2006.

I feel that Kofi Kingston is an excellent selection for this.

He's naturally suited to ladder matches. Kofi is also the sort of person that MITB was designed for, an upper midcarder with some credibility but who just isn't quite there yet to be a main eventer. Even though he's been sort of spinning his wheels for 2 years he's often had midcard and tag team gold and the fans are behind him.

It also makes sense for what I would like for MITB. Far too often they make the person job out a lot before and after the MITB win so that when they win and cash in it is a "surprise." Well, instead of a surprise angle I would like to work an anticipation angle with Kofi Kingston, some sort of Rocky Training Montage and Shawn Michaels Boyhood Dream with him. I think of this angle under the name "Can He Do It?"

You announce the Money in the Bank match say, 3 months in advance. The principal storyline for the match will be Kofi Kingston: Can He Do It?

You have him talk promos about it, show him training and exercising, and put him on a little hot streak of wins and tag team wins. This builds his character in and out of the ring. Out of ring development is necessary for the angle.

The MITB itself will have a month long Qualifying Tournament to build to the PPV. I would have Kingston appear and win clean on both RAW and Smackdown to get him the highest amount of exposure. To get him even more exposure and publicity I would do the following

Radio Appearances on terrestrial and Sirius-XM talking about MITB and interviews after his win there as well.

WWE.com interviews

Video Package interviews

Guest commentary spots during the Qualifying Tournament

Late night talk show interviews

Cross-promotional USA Show guest appearances and cameos

Now, there is a perfect feud here and I think it makes a lot of sense, though you might find it tacky and cliche.

R Truth turns heel because he feels Kofi is getting "too big for his britches" and wants to "make me the Jannetty."

So you can work that angle after his cash-in to further build credibility.

He should cash in against a heel as well. I think CM Punk or Sheamus will drop either belt to a heel soon.

Then Kingston can announce his intentions to cash in clean at a PPV and do so as the PPV's main event.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I dunno, he's certainly over enough but I think they may have damaged his character to much for moat people to buy him as a serious main eventer. He has been a glorified jobber for the last two years.

I do like your idea though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The WWE had their chance with Kofi during the Kofi/Orton feud. That two week span was great TV- going into the crowd and fighting, Kofi trashing Orton's stock car. Etc.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
If the WWE would do this with anyone, Kofi would be the perfect guy. Unfortunately, he's black and the only chance he has at winning the world championship (not WWE) is at the end of his career.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Here is how you do it

Kofi comes out and aks for a shot at the WWE belt and calls Cm punk out and then....

Here comes the pain,Lesnar gets in the ring and kills Kofi...

3 Weeks later:

And there you go thats the biggest push he should get

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
OP, that's a great idea. Personally, I think he's extremely damaged goods at this point, but your scenario is probably the best possible thing they could do with him.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts