Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this on yahoo anwsers awhile back and got nothing but troll comments.Anyways lets just say bischoff purchased wcw, the number one priority would be to get another network deal.Do you guys think wcw would still be around today or would it be dead?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Re: What would wcw be like if Eric Bischoff had purchased wcw instead of vince buying

Bischoff has said a few times, that he had a network deal in place and sponsors lined up to help him buy WCW before Vince did, but when they all found out Vince was buying it alot of them pulled out their offers.. Not sure why..

I do have a feeling that if he did buy it WCW would still be around, there would be no TNA or ROH.. But i think that by now WCW would again be ontop of the wrestling world.. They prob would have slumped a few years but they got a full head of steam.. Damn do i miss wrestling on TNT and TBS

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Re: What would wcw be like if Eric Bischoff had purchased wcw instead of vince buying

Your not removing until sig is stupid. Just watch youtube videos from 1998 if you love the attitude era so much.

And TNA making another attitude era is laughable.

As for your question it would probably be just like WWE now, abit repetative because of the lack of competition.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Your not removing until sig is stupid. Just watch youtube videos from 1998 if you love the attitude era so much.

And TNA making another attitude era is laughable.

As for your question it would probably be just like WWE now, abit repetative because of the lack of competition.
Of course the " tna making a new attitude era" was laughable as I made it a joke.98 wasn't too good but believe me, I lived thru the attitude era and 2000 wwf was and still is the best year, which in fact a hell of alot more entertaining to watch then the silly crap wwe has turned into.But I am going to save this for another thread as this is pretty much off topic.:topic:

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts

If WCW was taken over by Bisch then I think it would of just turned out like TNA, minus the good few first years.

·
Registered
511 Posts

If WCW was taken over by Bisch then I think it would of just turned out like TNA, minus the good few first years.
and with a bigger budget and different arenas.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

I have a feeling WCW would have gone down around 2003/2004 had Bisch taken over anyway. The product was damaged by Russo's shitty booking. The company was also financially getting raped by the expensive contracts some guys had and I wonder if Bisch would have needed to continue to pay them had he bought the company, or if they somehow would have found a loophole to start new and not have to pay off the contracts. Without the big names/contracts, WCW could have lasted for a good while longer, that's for sure, as a number two company.

Of course the " tna making a new attitude era" was laughable as I made it a joke.98 wasn't too good but believe me, I lived thru the attitude era and 2000 wwf was and still is the best year, which in fact a hell of alot more entertaining to watch then the silly crap wwe has turned into.But I am going to save this for another thread as this is pretty much off topic.:topic:
He's saying your sig is completely pointless and stupid, considering it's never going to happen, plus it's also subjective. The WWE has "an attitude moment"? What does that even mean? So Punk doing a worked shoot on RAW isn't attitude? The Rock coming back and calling people a bitch etc in his comeback promo isn't similar to the attitude era? Or do you want a woman giving birth to a hand? People can do whatever they want with their sigs but shit, there are some retarded "not removing until" sigs out there.

·
Registered
489 Posts

he would have screwed the pooch with wcw much like he has with tna

i think people over rate bischoff and russo etc. As if theyre some wrestling genius' who can magically change any promotion into gold.

I think a fairer assessment would be that theyre one hit wonders who got lucky. And have been trying to recreate that magic ever since.

Shock tactics and debuting new wresrtlers is about the limits of their creativity now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts