Wrestling Forum banner

What would NFL Lockout mean for WWE?

5330 Views 63 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  dxbender
NFL schedule only affects WWE for the final few months of the year, but what will a lockout mean for PPVs and Raw for those final few months?

No sunday night football, no monday night games either. We all know that Raws ratings drop around that time(the lowest raw ratings of the year are usually in the final few months), so if there's a lockout, might we see a better end of the year for WWE this year in terms of PPV buys and Raw rating?
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Banned
4,575 Posts
it wont effect them until september..and i honestly dont think the lockout is going to last that long.
This. The court will rule in favor of the players, thus blocking the lockout. It won't affect the WWE at all.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Yeah, like many have said, the lockout won't last that long.

A question popped into my head while thinking about this, and I've never known the answer,
but are the WWE employees in a Union?
I'm assuming they aren't, but I've never heard of anything.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Reactions: The Ice King

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
^Thanks.

Reactions: soxfan93

· Registered
4,724 Posts
it wont effect them until september..and i honestly dont think the lockout is going to last that long.
Which is too bad. Football players are overpaid to do basic things that most people on this forum can do: Run, catch,kick, throw and run into each other.

I wish it did happen because, by default, others would capitalize and then maybe there would be more football leagues forming to satisfy football fans. And they wouldn't pay the players as much because that's all they have a choice to do.

· Banned
4,575 Posts

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
The National Football League and the NFL Player's Association are in a big dick waiving contest. The union voted to decertify, that is dissolve the union. The league doesn't want that so they are locking out/cancelling the NFL season.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
The National Football League and the NFL Player's Association are in a big dick waiving contest. The union voted to decertify, that is dissolve the union. The league doesn't want that so they are locking out/cancelling the NFL season.
fpalm Are you incapable of processing more serious thoughts than "dick waiving contest"?

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Excuse me...
Waving.

Well, aren't they? Isn't this your typical boss/union staredown? This isn't anything special. Every ten or fifteen years this happens. Look to the 1987 replacement games and the 1989 season. This isn't anything new. Its over pretty minor stuff, too. Franchise tags, revenue sharing, league minimum and a few other things.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Excuse me...
Waving.

Well, aren't they? Isn't this your typical boss/union staredown? This isn't anything special. Every ten or fifteen years this happens. Look to the 1987 replacement games and the 1989 season. This isn't anything new. Its over pretty minor stuff, too. Franchise tags, revenue sharing, league minimum and a few other things.
Well not really. Your analogy doesn't work because what they are fighting over really has nothing to do with masculinity or manhood. It's simply money.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Excuse me...
Waving.

Retirement benefits and health care are a huge part of it. Players only get one year of health benefits after they retire, including, for example, Kevin Everett, who had his career ended at the age of 25 due to a fracture and dislocation of his cervical spine.

And why exactly should the players make less money in 2011 than they did in 2009? What if you had your pay cut for no reason whatsoever?

It's far more than a "dick waving contest." When you have knowledge of what's going on, come back and talk to me.

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,086 Posts
nothing because the lockout will end in time for the regular season

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.