Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the viewers choice episode of raw do you think Nexus would have been better or be what they are now if the fans chose Rey Mysterio or jack Swagger who i think was the third option. If it was indeed Mysterio then it would have been Nexus destroying the 2 supermen of WWE. but if it were Swagger it would have been the 2 champs. Im asking this now because now we have 2 different fations that came from the Nexus idea. New Nexus is just terrible. i love Punk but when you just have 3 other members i think its sucks and none of them look great in the ring. The original Nexus only had one guy who couldnt have a good match. and Gabriel was always the workhorse having better matches with Cena and Orton than Barrett had. The Corre looks better than nexus but just dont seem big time and plus their theme sucks.Do you guys think the outcome would have been completely different if it was Cena and Swagger or Mysterio

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Firstly, I think it was a fixed poll because it fit their storylines well.

I don't think would have happened at all no matter what because they went with their booking plan. the fan vote was not real. By having it CM Punk vs Cena, as you mentioned, it saved a champion vs champion match being thrown on Raw. It also saved arguably, the two biggest good guys, for a possible future PPV main event. Cena vs Punk had been done, there was nothing being given away by them doing that match. Plus, Nexus taking out an entire group (straight edge society) would put them over.

· Registered
6,897 Posts
I think Punk worked in their favor. It would've made a huge impact no matter who Cena was in there with, but Punk being in there when they struck just gave off the vibe that no one was safe from this group in the best possible way.

· Premium Member
7,048 Posts
other then The Nexus debut it was a horrible night and either the wwe fixed the "votes" or the wwe universe is on crack, the only thing that the night was remembered for was The Nexus debut and on that night they had 8 men instead of 5 and they may also remember it for Nexus beating the crap out of CM Punk, the same man who represents the group as their leader today

· Registered
6,603 Posts
This thread reminds me, we're well overdue for another bodyslam challenge featuring Mark Henry. When's the next Viewers Choice Raw?

Punk was the best option at the time, I think. The emphasis in future was really on Nexus vs Cena, which couldn't be the case if Mysterio was attacked too. He would have needed his heat back as a top face, which would have facilitated a move to Raw, which is terrible for Smackdown, or Nexus appearing on both brands, which would have spread them too thin even earlier.

I also don't think that, even with his status at the time, an attack on Swagger would have had the same impact as an attack on Punk, who was a more established main eventer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.