Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that injury changed a lot of things... (orton and edge in the mitb match, and cena/hbk match of course)

Do you think of a Triple threat : HBK/HHH/Cena for the title ?

Do you think the DX /Rated Rko feud would have continued until WM?

Something else..

Personally i think the triple threat would have been epic and maybe a match between orton and edge but they were too good as heels to have a long feud.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
That's actually a good question. It would've definitely been different. Hmmm, the DX/RatedRKO feud was ending in early 2007, prior to WM, so I think it would've been a triple threat between HHH/HBK/Cena.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The plan was always to have John Cena and Triple H as the main event of WrestleMania 23 but obviously Triple H got injured in the D-Generation X/Rated RKO match at New Years Revolution so Shawn Michaels simply stepped into the match instead, i believe this was spoken about on Heartbreak And Triumph. What Shawn Michaels would have done instead i don't know but i would imagine he would have faced either Edge or Randy Orton in a one on one match but i think it worked out for the best really as Shawn Michaels was able to get arguably the best two straight singles matches from John Cena in John Cena's career.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,077 Posts
Cena would have faced trips and would have returned the job to hunter.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
It probably would have been Triple H vs Cena again and it would not be the highest grossing Wrestlemania of all time.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
HHH v Cena and HHH would have gone over this time.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
HHH who knows maybe he could have been the one to replace Lashley in Battle of the Billionaires

Which could then allow Lashley to actually defend his ECW Championship at Mania against either RVD, Punk, Sabu, Elijah Burke, or any one of those guys

·
Registered
249 Posts
He was actually going to vs Booker T in the Trump vs McMahon match....but in all honestly i would have loved a triple threat with HHH vs HBK vs John Cena with a real serious build. I would have had the Survivor Series 2010 starting where Shawn kicks HHH out the ring in the first 3 second....would of been one of the greatest WM moments ever.

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
The original plan was Cena/HHH II, so Cena would of likely jobbed to Triple H, lulz.

HBK would of most likely been in the Battle Of the Billionaires, while Lashley would of.. well who cares about Lashley

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
Most likely Trips/Cena II. I would have fucking hated to see HHH and Cena in three straight triple threat matches for the belt. IIRC, it was Edge/Cena/HHH at Backlash '06 and Cena/HHH/Orton at WM24.

They always found a way to put them two together for the longest time.

·
Registered
14,189 Posts
It would have been John Cena vs. Triple H. Who knows? If the reception had been the same at WM 23 as it was at WM 22 maybe they would have turned Cena heel.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
WHY...just WHY would they have Triple H vs. Cena at the main-event again in 2 straight years, and WHY would they have Cena JOB to Hunter when he was at the peak of his career. fpalm

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoah i didn't know about the HHH/Cena II rumors, thanks for the answers I'm kind of happy that we had HBK instead. HBK/Umaga would have been epic!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts