Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone used a loaded gun in a no DQ match? I know it sounds extreme, and it is. Mick Foley and Terry Funk could probably take a bullet in the leg or arm.

If it isn't planned, could the law get involved?

New Jack stabbed an opponent a few times and was gonna go to trial for it. The charges got dropped. How far is too far?

·
Premium Member
15,602 Posts
Someone used a loaded gun in a no DQ match? I know it sounds extreme, and it is. Mick Foley and Terry Funk could probably take a bullet in the leg or arm.

New Jack stabbed an opponent a few times and was gonna go to trial for it. The charges got dropped. How far is too far?
What you think?

WWE would go out of business. Possible lawsuits, loss of sponsors and more importantly, possible criminal charges, as it'll be hard to prove that something taking place on a scripted show wasn't planned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New definition to a "Shoot" in pro wrestling huh?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Well apart from using a fake gun loaded with fake bullets and having them blade where they would get shot I don't see it every happening

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
I AM SO KAFKAESQUE
1,782 Posts
I know for a fact you're not allowed to depict gun violence towards a human being if you have a PG label. Even if they faked it, I don't see it ever happening in the WWE.

I don't really understand why someone would want to see this either. Doing it for real could easily kill a wrestler, members of the ring crew, someone in the audience, and basically anyone in the vicinity. It would be impossible to suspend belief for a stunt like that; why would the WWE allow someone who is going around shooting the talent and risking their lives to remain on the roster?

And then who in their right mind would agree to that stunt? 'Oh sure, please shoot me in the match! I've always wanted to die on television!' Would Mick Foley do it? Of course not, he's got three children at home he needs to return to after the match. And like I said, I don't know why you'd want to watch that anyways. I can't think of a single feud, scenario, angle, etc. where this would be a satisfying or appropriate ending to a match.

If you want to watch people committing attempted murder in a wrestling ring, go watch a deathmatch from CZW or BJW.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

The actual verbage of the laws would depend on what state it happens in. However, in a hypothetical situation if two wrestlers used that in a match then I could see assault with a deadly weapon type charge. Not to mention disorderly conduct thrown in and discharging a firearm in the city limits. And to get technical there would probably be some type of going to the terror of the public type charge since the crowd would be terrified especially with the chance of stray bullets.

To sum it up even in hypothetical pre-planned no DQ wrestling event it would be 100 percent ILLEGAL. Not to mention the possible CIVIL aspects as someone already alluded to.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,608 Posts
What the..

·
Banned
8,180 Posts

Wasn't sure, until now, whether or not you were a troll or just dumb.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Kayfabe wise...I suppose you could shoot your opponent, it IS a no disqualification match after all.

Reality wise, you're kidding, right? Of course the authorities would be involved. Not to mention you endanger every single person in that area if you have a loaded gun.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
You watch too much TV if you think someone could easily survive a bullet to the leg or arm :lmao

Hilarious idea though

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Look at Cactus Jack vs Triple H at the Royal Rumble. Hunter could have shot Jack point blank in the leg. No fear of stray bullets. Then he would work the leg for a while and beat him.

If you hit your opponent with a kendo stick without telling him, that's hardly grounds for assault. Why wouldn't a loaded gun be the same? It would really shake things up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.