Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,242 Posts
Dwayne can do whatever he wants at this point of his life I don't think wrestling is his interest but again anything can happen.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Rock would NEVER buy WWE. He's spent so long trying to move on from the world of professional wrestling - buying WWE would bring him right back into it. And it's too much of a commitment/full-time job/risk.

He's the biggest A lister in the world these days - I just can't imagine this would ever happen.

Buying XFL is one thing - he makes a few marketing commercials - but really mostly lets his team of competent business savy people run it. With WWE - there would be such huge fan expectations if he bought it - and fans would undoubtedly be disappointed (wrestling fans are the worst sometimes) and it would just be all bad PR on the Rock - bad PR he simply doesn't need.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Imagine The Rock just bought the WCW
The Rock would NEVER buy WWE. He's spent so long trying to move on from the world of professional wrestling - buying WWE would bring him right back into it. And it's too much of a commitment/full-time job/risk.

He's the biggest A lister in the world these days - I just can't imagine this would ever happen.

Buying XFL is one thing - he makes a few marketing commercials - but really mostly lets his team of competent business savy people run it. With WWE - there would be such huge fan expectations if he bought it - and fans would undoubtedly be disappointed (wrestling fans are the worst sometimes) and it would just be all bad PR on the Rock - bad PR he simply doesn't need.
I think The Rock, Kevin Nash, Undertaker are a few people that just look back on wrestling now and think it just isn’t cool anymore. I think the only way Rock would buy it is if he wanted to make it the way it used to be.

With WWE he can’t do that. It’s why I jokingly say to people he should just make massive bid for the WCW rights and library (not going to happen I know) but at least that way he has his own company to make wrestling the way he wants it again. And has a brand that has lineage.

In summary, he would only buy WWE if he could mould it into an image he likes, which can’t happen as things have moved on now. They are a content company, who are best served under NBC or Disney.

I think the best thing to do is for him to license WCW like Fox license Smackdown, and mould it into his own image.

But I agree with what you said, he most likely wants to get away from wrestling. And him licensing WCW or starting his own company is the only way for him to improve the image of wrestling, to make him not want to distance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We would see Vin Diesel VS The Rock Hell in a Cell match for Fast Furious 17 (or whatever # it is now lol) ... Nia Jax would probably surpass charotte in title belts , Roman Reigns would still suck, Usos would squash every tag team, and CM STILL wont pick up his phone.

But imo I think the Rock is considering a run at politics (not that i agree with that) but ... i highly doubt the Rock is interested In WWE. It'll probably get sold to one of Vinces top share holders , or investors. I wouldnt expect WWE having the value it did just 4 years ago. Now with AEW , WWE just doesnt seem as 'sexy' anymore. I Cant see the Rock buying it ,too much work is needed to fix the brand.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Many people think WWE is setting up to sell in the next few years, and Khan is spearheading that setup.
Khan is really good friends with Dwayne, so I don't see this being out of the realm of possibilities.

The Rock appears to be setting up several different enterprises with his tequila business and the energy drink business, as well as his Hollywood endeavors, but it is obvious he still has a love and passion for wrestling.

Personally, I think if this was to happen, he has the best shot at making a new boom period begin His social media following is second to none so people would tune in just to support I think, and if he surrounded himself with the right people which again he has a pretty good knack at, I think he could establish a much more tolerable product than anything out there.

Thoughts?
I tend to think that Rock and his consortium would not spend much more than Vince currently is on talent. Running WWE in its present state is relatively stable and profitable, but it is a huge cost outlay on an annual basis. Equivalent to the production costs of a top tier movie or AAA game, but every year. That might limit their ability to poach talent from AEW.

Also, I think that the sale takes place by May.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well he could teach them all how to cut promos and makes catch phrases. Also could probably train guys in the gym so I would say the product might benefit. Also their would be all sorts of celebrity guest.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
The Rock just like NBC and is part of the problem, he would destroy WWE just as NBC is going to with corrupted ideals, in fact they are already doing so rn.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts