Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people think WWE is setting up to sell in the next few years, and Khan is spearheading that setup.
Khan is really good friends with Dwayne, so I don't see this being out of the realm of possibilities.

The Rock appears to be setting up several different enterprises with his tequila business and the energy drink business, as well as his Hollywood endeavors, but it is obvious he still has a love and passion for wrestling.

Personally, I think if this was to happen, he has the best shot at making a new boom period begin His social media following is second to none so people would tune in just to support I think, and if he surrounded himself with the right people which again he has a pretty good knack at, I think he could establish a much more tolerable product than anything out there.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
The Rock could start his own company, base it out of LA and rake in the dollars. XFL could be an attempt to get into the business but why would he get back into wrestling when he has absolutely everything else going on? Sucks to say but I can’t see a good reason.

With the talent out there, there should be 4 or 5 top companies going at the moment. AEW and WWE killed ROH but ROH didn’t evolve when they had to.

WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact and MLW should be dominating right now but they just can’t flick the switch needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres no way there can be 5 on top, wrestling is on life support compared to what it was it would just be the same fans watching all the products. People just don't eat it up like that, but Rock could bring in a pretty significant boost to the audience.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
theres no way there can be 5 on top, wrestling is on life support compared to what it was it would just be the same fans watching all the products. People just don't eat it up like that, but Rock could bring in a pretty significant boost to the audience.
Not necessarily on top but doing numbers that aren’t terrible. There’s talent out there that fans will look at and go “oh I’m interested in that. Might stick around”. Then there’s talent in top companies that wrestling fans look at and switch off immediately.

·
Registered
14,012 Posts
More chance of me or you OP buying it. WWE is valued at ~$4 billion dollars as of right this moment, would take an offer far higher than than that for Vince to sell his share majority

Dwayne Johnson simply does not have anywhere near that kind of money lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More chance of me or you OP buying it. WWE is valued at ~$4 billion dollars as of right this moment, would take an offer far higher than than that for Vince to sell his share majority

Dwayne Johnson simply does not have anywhere near that kind of money lol
Not now but in the coming years, with Dwaynes arenas he is in billionaire territory could definitely happen.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My thoughts are that you are a banned account. Who creates a username and then 3 months later does 28 posts in the same day?

Mods, take out the trash

·
Registered
Muscles Loyalty Respect
222 Posts
That's just what wwe needs, the rock. WWE would no longer be a stale product just making money rather than entertaining and exciting the fans. The rock would bring fresh creative ideas to the table.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I literally asked the same thing the other day and it turned into a debate about Tony Khan

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Dwayne doesn't have the money for this. WWE will get sold to NBC or Disney, they can afford it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts