Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My questions are simple :

1. How would you react if the Blueprint leaves the sinking ship to WWE ?
2. How would the other fans react ?
3. Would TNA suffer from this departure ?

Let's answer. :gun:

· Registered
980 Posts
After the way WWE used him I doubt he'd be eager to go.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
i doubt there would be any reaction from TNA, they would just turn face another heel and put him in matt morgan's place

though, he seems happy where he is right now, so i doubt he would change ship anytime soon

· Registered
980 Posts
How much was he badly treated ? :(

There are many rumours about bad relations between Matt Morgan and TNA creatives focusing on money deals and ugly backstage policies there from older wrestlers. I will continue to dream.
I wouldn't go on rumors so much fake stuff out there.

Anyway, in WWE they had Morgan in development for 2 years, they call him up for 2 months, put him back in development for 1 year.

When Morgan finally makes the SmackDown roster full time they give him a gimmick where he's a self-conscious guy with a stuttering problem. They booked him as jobber, then as Carlito's lackey then released him.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
1. How would you react if the Blueprint leaves the sinking ship to WWE ?
"Why are WWE re-signing people from 2003?".

2. How would the other fans react ?
No-one would really care (except a few idiots who are years out of touch with what's going on in wrestling, in 2011).

3. Would TNA suffer from this departure ?
He's a generic midcard bigman. It would be the equivalent of WWE losing Mark Henry. Totally replaceable. TNA's roster is twice as big as it needs to be anyway. People like Hernandez, Abyss and even Joe can do the bigman thing. How many do you need?

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait, he's jumped ship before?
Yep he is a WWE product. He began there during Tough Enough II (which he won). Later he was assigned to OVW (2002–2003) and to smackdown (2003–2004). He went again in OVW (2004–2005) and to smackdown (2005). WWE trained him.

= 3 years in WWE.

He followed Lesnar (and tag-teamed him) in Japanese promotions (NJPW and AJPW) from 2005 to 2006, before to wrestle in Europe and to join TNA in 2007 until now.

· Registered
69 Posts
1. I would be happy for Morgan and would hope WWE would use him wisely.
2. Some TNA fans would be upset but I honestly doubt many people would really care.
3. No. Morgan has been a solid, reliable guy but TNA hasn't really gotten much out of him either. The fans that watch TNA now would continue watching. Morgan isn't that a real draw.

· Banned
10,013 Posts
He'd work better in the E than TNA imo. He's a little bit awkward in TNA with all those talented wrestlers everywhere. But in the E he'll fit right in.

· Banned
964 Posts
If he wants a better career he should stick to TNA in my opinion. WWE has a million big guys and he really doesnt stick out at all. His look would not stick out in the WWE and neither does his character. So they would probably have him in a body guard role for a while and then jobbed out. In TNA he has actually main evented ppv's and he is an upper midcarder.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If he wants a better career he should stick to TNA in my opinion. WWE has a million big guys and he really doesnt stick out at all. His look would not stick out in the WWE and neither does his character. So they would probably have him in a body guard role for a while and then jobbed out. In TNA he has actually main evented ppv's and he is an upper midcarder.
In my opinion he was badly treated because Lesnar was pushed. WWE didn't think of using a tag-team with both. I don't know how it could be now. But when i compare him to the other WWE current and potential big guys, I find him more attractive and far better than them.

· Banned
2,418 Posts
It's Matt fucking Morgan. Nothing would happen. The world would not shake. The fans would not rejoice. The industry would not be redefined.

The WWE would have a new guy to join the ranks of Carlito and Shelton Benjamin, one as talented as Kozlov and as over as DiBiase.

"WOO", management would chant, "WOO! Just what we've always wanted: another guy to stew in mediocrity - This is the best Christmas ever!"

TNA would need no tissues. The WWE would need no tissues. Nobody would notice. Nobody would care.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
It's Matt fucking Morgan. Nothing would happen. The world would not shake. The fans would not rejoice. The industry would not be redefined.

The WWE would have a new guy to join the ranks of Carlito and Shelton Benjamin, one as talented as Kozlov and as over as DiBiase.

"WOO", management would chant, "WOO! Just what we've always wanted: another guy to stew in mediocrity - This is the best Christmas ever!"

TNA would need no tissues. The WWE would need no tissues. Nobody would notice. Nobody would care.
No, I'm pretty sure Matt Morgan resigning with the WWE is one of the first signs of the Apocalypse.

The Moon would turn red and oceans would fill with blood.

· Premium Member
4,371 Posts
I don't think Morgan would be a big loss the way he is currently being booked. As much as people like to joke WWE, WWE knows how to book a big man and has a long record to show for that. Sure Morgans last run in WWE wasn't too some people's liking but WWE would differently book him as a champion and in his first year back he would be at least IC and/or US champion.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.