Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For instance, if there was a ladder match going on and the wrong wrestler (who isn't supposed to win) accidentally knocks the belt of the hook? Or...a wrestler gets knocked out or suffers a severe injury before the end of the scripted match?

Or, my favorite...what if during a Royal Rumble match the wrestler that is supposed to win accidentally falls over the top rope?

Things like these....

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anything like this every really happened?

I know Shawn Michaels couldn't pull off the belt in a ladder match once....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've always wondered that also about battle royals. Like when a wrestler gets knocked over the top rope, but hangs on to the rope with his feet inches from the floor. It would be pretty bad if he didn't have a good enough grip on the rope.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
lol it's kind of hard to accidentally get eliminated from the royal rumble or pull the title off the hook in a ladder match..

as for injuries in the middle of the match they happena nd guys usually struggle, but finish the match.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
knowing wwe, they probably have hornswoggle go to the ring and grab the briefcase/title and put it back up and while he's at it, he probably leave a pot of gold up there as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I imagine in the case of a Rumble, Someone in Guerilla position (Behind the curtain) such as vince or whatever, would communicate to the Ref and/or to the next participant/s a new finish. I imagine there is always a back up plan for the rumble.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If someone gets injured very badly during a match, I think they just improvise the finish. When Austin broke his neck, he still won the match but they had to end it with a roll up since he couldn't finish the match as intended.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Ive always wondered what happens when the wrestler has a massive stomach ache and has to take a crap - that must be brutal

·
Registered
545 Posts
If someone gets injured very badly during a match, I think they just improvise the finish. When Austin broke his neck, he still won the match but they had to end it with a roll up since he couldn't finish the match as intended.
Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
It happend this year with Edge-Orton. Orton got injured during the match and they had him do a double countout instead of finishing the match which would have been 5-7 minutes longer

Also, wasn't Batista-Cena 05 rumble a botch? I always thought Batista was supposed to hang on, and that the OT part with Vince coming out was unscripted

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It happend this year with Edge-Orton. Orton got injured during the match and they had him do a double countout instead of finishing the match which would have been 5-7 minutes longer

Also, wasn't Batista-Cena 05 rumble a botch? I always thought Batista was supposed to hang on, and that the OT part with Vince coming out was unscripted
The Cena/Batista situation was a work...it basically was a re-write of the Hart/Luger Royal Rumble ending from 1994. (With the exception of Vince tearing his hamstring...that of course was unscripted...LOL.)

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Theres some good Sid bloopers out there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm sure they have various ways to get around it. Like lets say the intended Royal Rumble winner messes up and goes over the top rope. They might come up with some excuse one why he wasn't eliminated. I think I remember one video where Randy Savage jumps over the top rope during a rumble to go after someone, but then they started saying you have to be tossed over by someone else so he is not eliminated. Even if that didn't work they could just have any other random person win the rumble, then have the intended winner challenge them to a match for their spot at WrestleMania.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.