Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they all stay on raw? because i mean Raw's roster will be way over loaded if they seperate and they all stay on the brand. As far as there single careers go Wade is really the only guy i can see in the main event the other guys just dont have it. Once there stable is over Heath Slater, Skip, and Darren Young will flounder and become comedy acts, not really sure about Tarver it can go either way with him.

Besides Barrett, Gabriel, and Otunga are the only one's that will be pushed IMO im sure we all agree Otunga has no ring skills but he will inevitably be shoved down our throats.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Barrett will obviously be a main event star. He is simply destined to be.

Gabriel will probably get a face push as a more reliable replacement for Jeff Hardy.

Tarver might become a mid-card badass. I guess they will use him fine, considering that he has been getting mic time during the invasion angle.

Skip is hard to tell, but probably they will keep him to be a powerhouse, considering his size, and that he is better than most people in his genre.

Slater is once again hard to tell. There is nothing positive to him, only that he looks good, and that it usually means that he'll be doing at least something in the future. As people have been saying, he might end up in Christian's current position.

Darren Young might be the only one released. For the life of me, I cannot imagine him being of any use.

Otunga.........................................

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

Gabriel will probably get a face push as a more reliable replacement for Jeff Hardy.

Tarver might become a mid-card badass. I guess they will use him fine, considering that he has been getting mic time during the invasion angle.

Skip is hard to tell, but probably they will keep him to be a powerhouse, considering his size, and that he is better than most people in his genre.

Slater is once again hard to tell. There is nothing positive to him, only that he looks good, and that it usually means that he'll be doing at least something in the future. As people have been saying, he might end up in Christian's current position.

Darren Young might be the only one released. For the life of me, I cannot imagine him being of any use.

This.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Agreed

·
Registered
926 Posts
Unfortunately probably the same the spirit squad done. With Gabriel as Kenny and Barret as Ziggler.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think they'll be seperated by the draft, maybe 1 or 2 of them will be released with the rest getting lost in the shuffle. Wade Barrett will get lost in the main event picture, then I'm guessing a tag-team will come out of the other 6 guys, then another 1/2 guys will get a mid-card singles run.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Unfortunately probably the same the spirit squad done. With Gabriel as Kenny and Barret as Ziggler.
No chance in Hell.

Firstly, Nexus is much more credible than the Spirit Squad ever was. Nexus is a supposed to be group of skilled wrestlers, who don't have main-stream experience yet. Spirit Squad was a group of male cheerleaders.

Then, Barrett has a guaranteed World Title shot, and is getting one of the biggest push in ages. Ziggler winning the Intercontinental Championship is a huge surprise in itself, let alone winning a world championship. Barrett is in the good books of quite a few superstars, and the WWE clearly seems interested in pushing him.

Otunga has celebrity connections.

Tarver is awesome on the microphone.

The Nexus guys had their own T.V. Show prior to the angle.

John Cena is giving everything to try to get the Nexus over, and he has been pretty successful. DX did everything in their power to destroy the Spirit Squad, and they were successful.

There is simply no comparison between the two groups. Only Darren Young could have been branded with the Spirit Squad. Nobody else.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I think when Nexus do eventually split up I can see the following;

- Barrett, in time will definately be a main eventer.
- Otunga, will play a role like The Miz straight off I think, given quite a bit of mic time because of his celebrity status.
- Slater/Gabriel, I would love to see these tag team, plus a little fire power added to the tag team division is definately needed.
- Tarver, is fantastic on the mic, he's definately up there with Barrett, I'd love to see him around the mid-card scene.
- Skip, will be used as a powerhouse, maybe in a stable with somepeople playing the bodyguard role.

Obviously won't be as accurate but its a guideline.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I don't care about any others beside Barrett and Gabriel.

I wanna see Gabriel have a decent solo career, cause he's clearly capable in the ring.

Barrett is obviously going to end up in the main-event scene. Which is good because he's good in the ring, but bad because my GOD he just annoys the hell out of me.

·
Registered
498 Posts

That is about the same as my feeling as well. One thing I would like to see is a lengthy tag run with Skip and Gabriel. I think they would have a great chemistry and be over as hell as a pretty lethal tag team. This is hoping the tag division gets a bit thicker and more intense. I think the two would be dominant and keep a bad ass look to them, then when they split use that to push Gabriel to a face status rather easily.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
Most will probably be let go, or used as jobbers for a bit. I can only see Barrett, Otunga, and maybe Gabriel and Tarver sticking around afterwards, and I'm not convinced any will be a sure-fired main eventer, outside of probably Barrett.

·
Registered
236 Posts
hopefully they continue it properly and let it all play out, revealing the bigger picture, the GM & any brains behind the scene.

Eventually it will have to blow up, I would like to see someone on NEXUS turn face, maybe Gabriel, then you can set up a nice Barrett/Gabriel feud or feud with anyone from Nexus,

Danielson can always come back and breathe new life into it or throw in some twist also.

Anyway when it is all said & done I would say to start :

Barrett would be a main eventer

Gabriel would turn face be a nice mid card guy.

Skip can definitely be a nice heel, muscle man, bodyguard type, i see him in some stable or tag team tho.

Tarver will probably be a mid card heel or even face.

I dont see a future for Darren Young or Slater but who knows

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and bet that at Summerslam, Nexus dominate Team WWE, but just as they are in dire straights, one member of Nexus turns on his group to help Team WWE win.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
No chance in Hell.

Firstly, Nexus is much more credible than the Spirit Squad ever was. Nexus is a supposed to be group of skilled wrestlers, who don't have main-stream experience yet. Spirit Squad was a group of male cheerleaders.

Then, Barrett has a guaranteed World Title shot, and is getting one of the biggest push in ages. Ziggler winning the Intercontinental Championship is a huge surprise in itself, let alone winning a world championship. Barrett is in the good books of quite a few superstars, and the WWE clearly seems interested in pushing him.

Otunga has celebrity connections.

Tarver is awesome on the microphone.

The Nexus guys had their own T.V. Show prior to the angle.

John Cena is giving everything to try to get the Nexus over, and he has been pretty successful. DX did everything in their power to destroy the Spirit Squad, and they were successful.

There is simply no comparison between the two groups. Only Darren Young could have been branded with the Spirit Squad. Nobody else.
When did Ziggler win the IC?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Barrett will go after the world title. I can see Tarver and Gabriel get decent mid-card pushes. The rest will get fired or get failed pushes and then get fired.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts