Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Not going to lie I don't even know when his prime was, I remember them hyping about him being the future, then fast forward 10 years later he is just there.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
To me? had a scorched earth on fire 2004-2005 campaign, then cooled down afterwards.
In 2007 he seemed to be heating up again when he became the Viper and punting people in the head. And in 2009 he was really on fire and that's when the RKO outta nowhere became a thing iirc. His match against Triple H at WM 25 had a lot of hype.

One of the faces of WWEs drastic decline. Not at the forefront with Cena and Reigns, but just behind. A prime example of how boring main eventers got after they hit the jackpot with so many great ones the previous few eras.
Yeah, I agree.

Not going to lie I don't even know when his prime was, I remember them hyping about him being the future, then fast forward 10 years later he is just there.
Well hus priem was in 2009, I'd say. Other than that, I agree. When he won the WHC in 2004 he lost it fast and then didn't win the belt again until late 2007. in 2005-2007 people didn't speak about him as the future but as a certainty. It wasn't a matter of "if" like it was for guys like Carlito or Kennedy, but more like a matter of "when".

A poor mans Y2J.
Eh how? Y2J and Orton have nothing in common. Completely different wrestlers and characters. If anything, I'd say The Miz would be the closest to being a poorman's Y2J character wise.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Him and cena most undeserving champions ever?! Least personality or charisma in the ring? Worst promos ever? RKO outta nowhere all he has going for him and that's been sold by Cole mainly for years.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
One of the greatest of all time. The man has done literally everything there is to do in the company in such a short span. He's been around for so long that everyone including non-wrestling fans knows who he is. He's a solid wrestler and one of the safest to work with, has been one of the greatest heel's in WWE history, was extremely successful as a face in 2010-2011, has one of the best finishing moves in professional wrestling, has always had a great entrance, and the guy has a great physique/look. I'm a straight man, and even I can admit that Orton is a good looking guy.

I don't think everyone needs a motto or headline of what signifies their 'legacy', but I think simply saying "one of the greatest of all time" like JBL used to say alot, is good enough for everyone to understand.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
The RKO finisher, the legend killer and psychotic characters, the factions he was in, etc. He has a lot of great highlights and things to be remembered by, but thanks to vines and meme culture the RKO OUTTA NOWHERE is definitely it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I will always remember Orton for making me scream at my tv in frustration.
"Why does this fucking middle rope ddt take so long to set up MOVE FASTER"

I can feel the cells in my body ageing when I watch Orton. If it weren't for Roman he'd be my least favourite main eventer of all time.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Best wrestler in the history of wrestling. Most talented, most gifted and most smooth performance in the history of WWE.

·
Registered
452 Posts
One of the greatest of all time. The man has done literally everything there is to do in the company in such a short span. He's been around for so long that everyone including non-wrestling fans knows who he is. He's a solid wrestler and one of the safest to work with, has been one of the greatest heel's in WWE history, was extremely successful as a face in 2010-2011, has one of the best finishing moves in professional wrestling, has always had a great entrance, and the guy has a great physique/look. I'm a straight man, and even I can admit that Orton is a good looking guy.

I don't think everyone needs a motto or headline of what signifies their 'legacy', but I think simply saying "one of the greatest of all time" like JBL used to say alot, is good enough for everyone to understand.
This has to be a joke lol! Beach balls in the crowd are usually the best part of an Orton match. Terrible on the mic and Limited performer been handed titles like cena and triple h because he looks the part mainly. Couldnt lace the boots of the macho man, Mr perfect or Eddie guerrero. Titles have become meaningless these days and Orton is the prime example.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
A guy who was pushed for years but has no legacy. His legacy will be that he has none. He's utterly disposable and forgettable.
I wouldn't go that far, but for all of his kayfabe accomplishments... his legacy doesn't feel that impressive and memorable. Every time he was getting strongly pushed and was at the top it felt kinda underwhelming.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts