Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wrestling is what i put in the background when i do other things on my PC because i can't stand it when it's super quiet. As a kid it meant alot to mean but now it doesn't mean much really, i even stopped watching for a really long time. I care enough that if a RAW or Smackdown or PPV comes to town i'll pay 20-30$ and go see it live but i'm not like fucking hyped or anything it's like watching a movie at the cinema to me. If i was forced to pay even 1$ a month to watch Raw/Smackdown/PPV's i'd honestly just cut it from my life. (i don't pay for any of those, i watch a free stream)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nothing.

I've been watching for so long, it's never going away. I've sat through some awful WWE, but esspecialy now it's easier than ever to multi task. Phone in hand, laptop on lap, etc. Something like Walking Dead, it has my undivided attention. Same as when something great is happening on WWE.

However due to the nature of a weekly 3 hour show, SD, NXT etc. There's so much, there is obviously always going to be a lot of filler.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
No idea. Wouldn't say it's very important to my life. I tend to get back to it for a few weeks and then stop watching again for some months. But I always seem to come back. Maybe because when something is doen right it's actually pretty cool and enjoyable. Yeah I'm a grown man in my mid-late 20s and still enjoy fake wrestling. So sue me.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Another couple of years without substantial improvements, and I'm a goner. I haven't watched a full episode of any WWE related viewing in god-knows-how-long. I only tend to watch occasional segments that have one of my favourites (Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Chris Jericho, The Miz, and as of recent, John Cena), or have been hyped up considerably on here - but this site tends to over-hype garbage, so I don't know why I bother. In the past couple of years I've only watched, roughly about, 5 matches.

If WWE stops chasing the 'ROH crowd' and starts looking towards pushing and signing people who can talk even deaf people into a building, like Conor McGregor; people like him who just have this insane charisma about them. WWE needs to actively encourage personality from future superstars - it needs to be clear to future signees that personailty and mic-skills are prioritised above in-ring ability.

WWE really needs to stops putting so much focus on boring fucks like Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor. Emphasis on these dullards is killing WWE.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
My interest is as low as its been since I began watching after an 11 year hiatus back in '14. Hogan returning and another debacle of a WM will likely do it for good. I'll also add that there's a reoccuring theme this time of year and it doesn't sit well with me, and that is that it's becoming increasingly difficult to enjoy WM if you are a fan of anyone outside of Cena, Roman, Taker or Brock. Wasn't the case for most of the Ruthless Aggression Era nor the Attitude Era. I'm more than fine with my guys and girls not headlining but their stories should at least feel important in the spot they are in heading in to WM. That isn't the case (AJ, Jericho, Dean) and it's becoming a pattern.

It's very clear the WM name itself draws and not the respective card or feuds, because they give little to no fucks about anyone outside of two or three part timers and two full time guys come Mania season. This has consistently been an issue for awhile now and the lack of emphasis on the midcard heading into WM completely kills my anticipation when the main event doesn't feature anyone I care for.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
The quality of the product has already made me stop watching. There have been way too many "Fuck this company" moments over the past few years for me to even remotely commit to the product. At the most I just look at the highlights posted on youtube every week. I've instead been watching every RAW and Smackdown from 2000 and up which has been must more satisfying.

I don't see how I'd ever fully "quit" WWE. There will always be a curiosity on my part to examine the latest booking trends and seeing if the product is improving, stagnating, or getting worse.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I took a ten year break after Austin turned heel in '01, though that probably had less to do with the booking decision than it did the fact that I was in high school and then college and had a lot going on.

I think though if Seth can't wrestle at Mania, it might be all she wrote for me.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,052 Posts
Forever, I don't really know. I'm at the point now where I'm taking a break from watching again, just nothing about this WM season really interests me after another shit Rumble match. I'm so negative about the current product, and the direction of everything that there's just no point in torturing myself. I'll probably watch a little bit if it does indeed turn out that Maryse is making a return to the ring.

And as much as I like Maryse the fact that a hot chick getting back in the ring is the only thing that interests me in the current WWE is a good indicator of just how terrible the product is.

·
Back where we belong!
2,579 Posts
I can easily go months without watching, it's happened a few times over the past couple of years. I'm trying to get back into WWE for WM season but if it fails to deliver then I really don't know whats gonna keep me around anymore.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well i didn't watch it at all from about 2012-late 2016 and I just recently got back into about 3 months-ish ago.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I watch certain PPV's if I get the time, and a lot of old DVD's and nostalgic PPV's.. To me it just isn't the same these days, I can't get behind it anymore.

I will always go to see WWE live for the atmosphere and excuse/ opportunity to travel, I've been to 3 Wrestlemania's with only tentatively watching the Road to Wrestlemania pre amp and would go again in a heartbeat. (Went to 28,29 and 30)

WWE is one of those things that I'll never stop completely watching, or keeping up with news about. But it isn't anywhere near a part of my life like it used to be. I'm much more invested in independent wrestling at the moment, the vibe in general suits my entertainment preferences so much more. I went to an ROH show in York Hall, Bethnal Green recently and it really rekindled my love for wrestling. Since then I've been booking Progress Wrestling tickets like a madman and watching Chapters on demand as often as possible. When I watch it, it never feels like a chore (apart from the odd womens match). I can easily slam a whole chapter in one sitting without fast forwarding.. I have not been able to do that with WWE for years.

·
Registered
698 Posts
To me WWE is like EastEnders to me. No matter how shit it is, I still watch it since I've been watching both since continuously I was a child. Use to be a "Drop everything right now and tune in" situation but now it's just background noise whilst I continue whatever the hell I'm doing in house or while going from A to B

·
Not as much as you...BROTHER!
589 Posts
I started watching in '93-ish and watched both WWE and WCW religiously. I stayed with WCW until the end despite how terrible it was. I stopped watching WWE for 10 years after WM XX. The vanilla midgets Benoit and Eddie holding both world titles was not the WWE that I grew up on. They took a chance and it obviously failed since they never held the titles again. The only thing that brought me back was the WWE Network; I really don't think I would've come back if it wasn't for the Network.

WWE has been so bleh since WM XXX. WrestleMania 30 was the first PPV I watched since WM XX and it was awesome, despite a vanilla midget winning the title. Daniel Bryan at least had charisma and was likable, easy to get behind and root for, etc. WM 31 was shit but they salvaged the main event with Rollins cashing in. WM 32 was one of the worst WMs ever. If the rumored card of WM 33 comes to fruition, they're dead in the water. They just can't make big mainstream stars anymore and they have no one to blame but themselves with their shitty writing and rules/regulations (like scripting all promos).

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I pretty much have, I sometimes check in on what's happening but never watch any of their programming and I can't see that changing while Vince is still running things.

·
Banned
9 Posts
If the bullet club have all the titles at once if everybody from NXT and the indies at the moment ever win any of the main event titles in WWE if Nakamura, Balor, Styles, KO, Zayn, and every Indy schmuck ever hold the title I'll doth watching and I'm not watching WWE at the moment cause Owens has the title

81 - 100 of 107 Posts