Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm far more interested in knowing what would make YOU quit.
You claim that you actually enjoy this product, so I'm curious, what depth of hellish garbage would WWE have to stoop to in order for some one like you to give up on it.
Nothing, why will I quit something I love?
I've been a WWE fan all my life and supported them no matter what.
It's not perfect or Shakespeare, but it's entertaining to me. I enjoy the shows and like the majority of the Superstars. You don't quit on your favourite sports team just because they don't win every game. So I won't quit my biggest hobby and a huge part of my life

·
Banned
8,136 Posts
Meh, stopped watching here and there but still read about what was going on etc...

Don't think I'll ever stop watching WWE entirely.

·
Registered
189 Posts
WWE fucking up Alexa Bliss would do it for me.

I'm a fan of Bray, Harper, Orton but WWE have fucked them time and time again booking wise to the point I simply don't care for them any more and find it difficult to get too excited about them because it will inevitably be killed off by WWE's shitty booking.

It's not like there's precedent, anyway, because I finally stopped watching WWE from September 1997 until May 2001 because I'd hated the product for a number of years by that point and enjoyed both WCW and ECW far more and figured I'd rather not punish myself any more. Looking back on what I missed via highlights and such, I didn't miss much, it looked just as shit as it was before I stopped watching.

I then stopped watching again from October 2009 until October 2014, mainly because it had proven to still be an awful product but I kidded myself that my faves from WCW and ECW would be booked properly and then I spent 5 years as a staff member on Batista's official forum so I sort of needed to keep watching the product due to my weekly live Raw threads (for the benefit of those who couldn't watch for whatever reason) and occasional live PPV threads (usually the free ones, although now and then, I'd buy them on Sky Box Office if the card looked interesting enough).

I came back because someone (a member here called Simply Flawless that I'd known for 10 years, to be precise) suggested that I might love this character called Bray Wyatt and when I checked him out, she was right, I did. So I kept watching but the product just hasn't been very good and I stuck with it purely for misguided hope reasons.

Right now, my only reason to watch SD most of the time (I don't watch it every week, it's boring and awful 95% of the time, I haven't seen this week's episode yet but at least I do sometimes watch it, rather than avoiding it like I do with Raw because that's pretty unwatchable) is Alexa Bliss because when I first saw her debut for NXT a few years ago, I saw this potential star in the making and haven't stopped being a fan since. She's improved leaps and bounds since, is still learning and is pretty much the only person I'm truly invested in as far as WWE goes (compared to me being invested in a good majority of the Lucha Underground roster).

If they fuck up my interest in Alexa Bliss, I'm done with them for good because despite being the widest-reaching wrestling promotion, they're still one of the worst when it comes to the actual product they put out to the viewers/fans.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Till death do us part brother! I will never quit watching, it was a huge part of my childhood and has been so ever since.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Cena wins one more world title.
Reigns retire Undertaker.

After Cena beat AJ last Sunday, I'm never going to a live show again, nor getting the network.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a hobby, I enjoy watching but tbh I don't really bother with smackdown and only watch raw for Jericho and KO. Jericho is going soon and KO is going to be jobbed out to oldberg so I may just see what's happening after that.

If a match catches my eye I'll watch it

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Legit the only way I'd completely quit right now is if Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns all either left WWE or retired at the same time lol.

Apart from that, absolutely nothing. I've been watching way too long, I've spent way too much money and have invested too much of my life into WWE to quit now.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I quit once because all of my favourites retired. I quit this time because the show is boring. I watched Royal Rumble thinking it would have improved abit with all the feuds going on but nope.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Blue collar boys do it with our hands muddied.
1,195 Posts
Probably nothing. At worst, it still provides good background noise while I'm doing other shit, but I generally find a good portion of the TV show interesting on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I already stopped watching back when Punk left. I just come to this board to read about news and how badly the WWE pisses people off, yet they still watch every week.

·
Confortably Numb
6,436 Posts
Haven't really ever quit so I don't know. Don't know what WWE will be like once Cena, Orton, Jericho, etc, leave for good, but I still don't think I'd quit.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
The only way I'd ever quit WWE, would be if there was simply no Wrestler I supported anymore. As in, I didn't like anybody on the roster.

The chances of that happening ever are pretty much impossible, there's always one guy that I really like. These days I mostly watch for the guys I like, and in particular look forward to their matches the most (if they're not booked like shit). For example, at the moment I really dig Rollins/Owens/AJ Styles. So I usually pay attention to those guys the most.

So basically what I'm trying to say is I'd probably never quit unless there was nobody I liked or WWE stopped existing.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
What Will Make You Quit WWE Forever?

When Brock retires.

I just don't give a shit that much about anyone else.

How important is it to your lives?

Not very important.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts