Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
581 Posts
When the concept of storylines and characters goes extinct and people start getting featured in high card PPV matches only due to their in-ring skills, I'd probably be forced to make a decision. Thankfully, it's still a long way from happening even though the programming has seen a significant shift from what I would consider as ideal. Too many meaningless matches taking place on weekly shows these days, platforms which should strictly be to build up to the matches that actually matter (which are on PPVs), by showcasing intriguing and compelling segments week in and week out instead of shoving pointless wrestling down the audience's throats. If it were to me, the only wrestling matches ever taking place on weekly programming would be the occasional title matches, which themselves have significant build up behind them, everything else should just be abolished IMO.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I dunno honestly. I'll still watch PPVs. Nowadays I've been incredibly on and off. My interested in the product took a major nose dive in recent months.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,004 Posts
I mostly watched during the Attitude Era, stopped watching after Brock left and they started the Super Cena Era.

Started watching again when NXT started and guys started getting promoted to the main roster.

Since the brand split, pretty much only watch smackdown. Raw is just unwatchable with Reigns being shoved down our throats. Since Rumble, I stopped watching Smackdown too. I have no interest in seeing Cena as face of the brand again. Same old shit.

Since the Mania card is horrendous I didn't bother keeping my network subscription and cancelled after Rumble. I'll follow the results online to see if the booking changes, but it seems crazy to me that people would spend money and give ratings to a product they don't enjoy.

Given the way HHH ran NXT, I have hope that WWE will improve once Vince dies or retires.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I pretty much stop watching WWE just go check up on ppv's or come to this site when I wanna hear people bitch about a wrestler they want to see then 3 weeks later complained about them.

·
Banned
675 Posts
I almost quit watching WWE in 2012-2016 but I started watching it again when AJ came to WWE but one thing is certain that I might quit watching WWE if the keep on bringing these part timers back again and again

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,582 Posts
Getting a job that gets all my time. TBf I barely watch these, during most RAWs and SDs I have it on the background and mostly tweet and comment here, unless there is a really good match going on

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
When there's nobody left on the roster that holds my interest.

It's not the most important thing in my life either. I went five years without watching a single second of WWE and even now I can still go weeks at a time without paying much attention to the show beyond reading results.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
It's not that important, it's an entertaining hobby. Maybe something totally offensive to me like bringing back bra and panty matches, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, so I'll still be watching.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
All the people I like retire. Or until I get a serious girl and don't have a reason to watch any sort of wrestling. One of the 3. Wrestling is just a TV show

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Well I already don't bother watching Raw, only catch on the main angles and highlights coming out of the show, but I still watch SmackDown. I guess I still care. If you bitch and moan and complain, you care.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
I don't believe anyone who says they already stopped watching. IMO if you stopped you wouldn't be posting on here.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I'm just curious because I'm sick of people making threads complaining all the time about what they watch every single week. Why complaining so much? If you don't like it, just don't watch it. But instead they choose to make the same posts and threads, dedicate their lives to WWE and the forum. If you hate it so much, why is it the most important aspect of your life?
It makes no sense to me. I like it and enjoy the shows, I will watch until I'm dead.
I may not like everything, but nothing is perfect. WWE is a huge part of my life and I'm proud to say that.
I'm far more interested in knowing what would make YOU quit.
You claim that you actually enjoy this product, so I'm curious, what depth of hellish garbage would WWE have to stoop to in order for some one like you to give up on it.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'll never quit watching because I still enjoy it. My daughter loves it too. If I stop enjoying it I would definitely stop watching though. I have been a fan through some rough times and always found something to enjoy so I don't foresee a time coming when I don't find something interesting. I think that I can find things to enjoy because I don't worry about booking or pushes or anything trivial like that and just watch it like a TV show.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Forever? I dunno, I stopped a few times but came back for different reason.....although right now I pretty much just watch the ppvs( and not even all of them, the only Raw exclusive ppv I watched was HiaC) and read reports online, to check if something interesting happened on the weekly shows.
I can't imagine myself abandoning the product for good, even if I did I would still watch the rumble and 'mania every year lol

21 - 40 of 107 Posts