Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious because I'm sick of people making threads complaining all the time about what they watch every single week. Why complaining so much? If you don't like it, just don't watch it. But instead they choose to make the same posts and threads, dedicate their lives to WWE and the forum. If you hate it so much, why is it the most important aspect of your life?
It makes no sense to me. I like it and enjoy the shows, I will watch until I'm dead.
I may not like everything, but nothing is perfect. WWE is a huge part of my life and I'm proud to say that.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,539 Posts
Maybe another stupid ban like Hulkster's, which is also over now.

Or more sudden decisions by the big egomaniacal nose about who has to be champion, like it happened last year with the new Universal championship.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
Trying to think what made me stop watching in 2004 before I came back in 2009. I stopped watching because Austin and Rock were gone, and the guys in the main event at the time were boring as shit. John Cena pretty much made me stop watching WWE. As well as the stars at the time, I just didnt like the main event scnee, and the mid card was just boring to watch and had no drive. Lesner and Angle were okay but I never liked what was around them, the only guy I liked at the time was Randy Orton :p

Now days something similar would have to happen again, as it is I already rarely watch Raw and sometimes watch Smackdown and really only watch PPV and even NxT I have cut back on. The last thing WWE did that had me invested was the CWC. So I am in a kind of distance relationship with WWE right now. I do wonder how long it will be before I tune out altogether.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I do think your clearly overreacting but I can see where you're coming from.
The product often lacks in quality but the amount of complaining is out of this
world. It's still a forum so people can write what they want. I just chose not
to respond on those threads.

What actually would make me quit watching WWE? Probably if there are barely
any superstars I like, which I can't imagine. Also if I happen to lose interest.
I quit watching from '2008 - 2011'-ish.

A wife and kids that swallows up all my time :lol
I swear I read this too fast.. :damn

·
Registered
102 Posts
erm ill wake up on the wrong side of the bed if they ever put balor over lesner clean
wont sit well with me at all
Balor is a great option to beat Brock for the title, much better than Roman at least. I could see it, Balor beats Samoa Joe at WrestleMania then after that goes for the title and beats Brock for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only thing that will ever make me quit is if Styles becomes a jobber in his tenure in WWE.
He's basically the only thing that still attracts me to the main shows.

I can be displeased with the way things are, but I've been watching pro-wrestling for 7 years and every time I said "I'm done" I came back literally the next show.

It can be easy to get frustrated at something that you see has more potential than it's using. Don't worry too much about how it affects other people. When you witness your favourite guy winning in incredible fashion it's a really nice feeling. That's all these "angry" people want.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I've stopped watching WWE many times before for years at a time, but usually come back. The first time was around 2008, second time was around 2012-2015. I came back because I heard rumours AJ Styles would be at the Royal Rumble, so I watched that and have been keeping up weekly since then.

If he left WWE or became a jobber to the point where I wasnt enjoying his presence on the shows anymore, I would probably stop watching again. The only other guy in the wrestling world Im pretty invested in is Kenny Omega so if he came to WWE I would keep watching regularly, even if AJ left.

The WWE product as a whole is way too stale and repetitive to watch for the shows alone, you have to be really invested in certain people and their careers to keep watching this shit at this point.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,099 Posts
Stopped in 08 cause it was shit, but came back in 11. Stopped during that HHH Nash shit then started again when Rock was back. Stopped then heard about the Shield killing it & been back since.

Interest is fading again though, mania will be make or break for me again.

·
Salt of the Earth
16,490 Posts
Nothing.

I've seen ALOT of shit in the WWE since I started watching as a little kid in the early 90s and I'm still here aren't I?

I love professional wrestling, simple as that. I don't limit myself to just WWE which obviously helps. I've always had the likes of ECW, WCW, TNA, NJPW etc. to watch as well as the WWE so you appreciate different styles and you see some great stuff on a yearly basis. I will never completely tune out of WWE because even though it can frustrate me to the high heavens, it can also give you genuine moments that make your hair stand up on end, give you goosebumps and make you mark out like you've never marked out before even though you think you've pretty much seen everything possible!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WWE is such a big part of my life. It's like 10 hours a week on shows, then more on Network, older stuff. Countless hours discussing it on the internet.
It's always there for me if I'm sad or need cheering up. Whatever my mood is, answer is always WWE. I'm a fan for life and I don't regret choosing that instead of not being a virgin.

·
Premium Member
18,132 Posts
Meh I JUST about suffered through 2008-2010 after giving up WWE in 2007 so I doubt anything the company can do will legit make me wanna quit it forever. Hell as shit as it's been since Mania 27 and RTWM alone just has a way of always drawing me back in when I feel like I'm done.

If anything ive been too WWE centric over the last few years and for the most part simply watch out of habit so I'm trying to expand my wrestling viewership more into the indys and NJPW to get a wider knowledge of the different styles out there which has been nice.

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
I've like 3-4 friends that still watch, pretty sure 2 of them will stop when Jericho retires for good, if my friends stop watching + Zayn/Becky/AJ doing nothing interesting, I'd be done.
I stopped from May2011 (when Edge retired + couldn't handle how WWE buried Christian in favor of Orton ) but was brought back by CM Punk's shoot just a month later..

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
I have been a WWE fan for 19 years and I have never stopped watching since. I have seen the highs and I have seen the lows. Its a big part of my life. Just to stop cold turkey would not be good for me lol. Anyways IDK why people would stop watching it now. True pro wrestling fans never stop watching. Besides this time in WWE right now is no where near the worst. If anyone was around for 2009-2010 you would know that was the worst time.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have been a WWE fan for 19 years and I have never stopped watching since. I have seen the highs and I have seen the lows. Its a big part of my life. Just to stop cold turkey would not be good for me lol. Anyways IDK why people would stop watching it now. True pro wrestling fans never stop watching. Besides this time in WWE right now is no where near the worst. If anyone was around for 2009-2010 you would know that was the worst time.
Me too brother, I actually cried. Really I love WWE so much with all my heart. I'm proud to be a member of the WWE Universe. Only my death would make me stop, even then I would spend all my time in heaven watching it. Not interested in women or money. Just a humble guy, loves his country and good ole fashion rasslin! :smile2:
Every time I see a complaint on here, a part of me dies inside. You don't know how hard these Superstars work for our enjoyment all year round.
Thank you Vince. Thank you WWE. Thank you so much for all the years of wonderful memories and I hope there are many more to come. This one fan is loyal until the end

1 - 20 of 107 Posts