Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cough it up people, I challenge you to come up with 3 LEGITIMATE things that John Cena should improve on to win you guys over. I don't want the ''turn heel'' thing ether because it has been oversaid to death. Give me 3 reasonable points that John Cena should change about his CURRENT face character that would get you doubters back on his side.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I just want him to improve his work rate. That can be done by hard work. That's it. Just put some time into your craft, hire a few trainers and get taught what to do. Get it up to an elite level. Its not asking that much considering he is the face of the company and the most hired paid and pushed star. His lack of charisma can't be helped, but a little more effort in learning how to act wouldn't hurt. Hey, maybe he wouldn't have failed to get into hollywood if he had thought of that.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Well, since you seem so kewl, I'll give you three reasons: Learn to sell, don't grin like an idiot when he's trying to be serious and stop going over people.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't particularly like Cena (not as in the wrestler but as in his current presentation within the company), and there are three big reasons.

1) Less predictable moveset/matches. This for me is the biggest thing, I very rarely see Cena do something varied, different or risky; it feels as if the company is afraid to let their top magazine face (whether you like it or not, he is) get injured, lest he fail to keep showing up on TV every week. The 5 moves of doom is predictably boring as all hell and he continually uses the same small moveset. Having seen him since his debut, he used to be a lot more interesting when he was still trying to break out and prove himself - his debut match against Angle was one of the best Cena matches I ever watched and was legitimately exciting because he used a large variety of moves and executed them with remarkable skill. I want more of that so that I go into Cena's matches not knowing what to see next, instead of watching him get beat up for most of the match before staging his miraculous comeback.

2) Needs to lose cleanly more and win cleanly less. Super Cena is not interesting to watch. Brock is the only time in ages I felt like he was a legitimate underdog and he still won that "cleanly" (although I enjoyed it and admittedly cheered simply because he busted Brock's head open with a steel chain). It makes him feel overpushed and every time they call him an underdog I wince because I can't buy into it. No, making him get beaten up for 75% of a match does not count as being an 'underdog' and only makes his inevitable double shoulderbarge comeback more painful for me to watch. It also means he doesn't put anyone he's up against over, and wrestling should be about both men in the ring.

3) New Look, in outfit and maybe in music. 6 years of the same gets boring fast, he doesn't have to change his character to not look exactly the same all the damn time. People will still know who he is and at least we won't have another flavour of fruity pebbles.

If those things changed, I might cheer Cena again like I did many years ago. It's been a long time since I felt anything but disappointment at the constant teasing at "changing him". He doesn't need to be a heel to be interesting, it would only be one of the quickest ways to make it more interesting. I also note that most of my complaints probably aren't his fault, thus why I don't hate him per se, just the way he's given to us.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think i would like him if he won't be such a good boy, like a superman and i want to see old cena when he was in smackdown with rapping and everything i really liked him in 2002 - 2004.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm not even that much of a hater, but I'd legit become a fan if Cena put over Mason Ryan clean.

·
Banned
741 Posts
1. i hate the way he cuts promo, to kiddie

2. always contradicting himself and being a hypocrite(the smiling is very irritaing to)

3. and his ability to sell a move and or injury is the worst

·
Registered
825 Posts
1. Cut better promos, with some edge to them
2. Stop shrugging off the aftereffects of your opponents.
3. Be willing to elevate others around him.
4. Improve his moveset and stop the feeling that once you've seen one Cena match, you have seen them all.
5. Not undermine PPVs by triumphing over his opponent before it.

I know some of those are booking issues, but I bet Cena has a lot more input into it then what is publically believed.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
1. Stop being a goofy, gurning twat. It just makes anyone over the age of 5 want to punch him in the face.

2. Sort out his move set. At least get a finishing move that looks like it could hurt instead of the world's lamest submission hold and the AA which involves gently dropping the opponent on their back...

3. Take acting lessons, and lots of them.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,379 Posts
Just one thing for me and I like Cena:

TAKE THINGS SERIOUSLY. STOP ACTING LIKE THINGS ARE NO BIG DEAL.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Turn heel. There's no other way around it. I used to be a fan but now he can fuck off and do something else with his life because in a wrestling ring, he only brings the quality down with this shitty character. Until he turns heel, I have no reason to cheer him but since you asked for three other reasons why I hate him, I got plenty to spare:

1. He no-sells everything. Kane has broken his friend in half and he's out there smiling like a dickhead and yelling "WE GUNA PARRRRTY IN HEREE!!!!!".
2. He has no edge. He's a pussy fruity pebble that you can abuse endlessly and he still does nothing about it but smile and "rise above hate".
3. Change his damn promo content. Every single time it's the same ol' shit. "I know you people boo me, but I will never change who I am. Hustle, Loyalty & Respect!"

He deserves all the hate he gets and I seriously hope that New Jersey brings back some of that anti-Cena chants and boos we've been missing since Raw in London and Miami.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
1. Stop being a corn-ball with a huge ass troll smile on his face.
2. Start selling moves and insults.
3. Turn heel or atleast bring some changes to the lame character.

There.. I gave you the 3 most popular solutions here in WF, only if you would have looked it up in the millions of Cena threads.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I not need him to be heel, but I just want him and Sheamus to stop with the Superman bullshit. Is just irritating, also I want them to tap at submissions finishers.

I don't have problems with Cena mic skills, but need to cut short and better scripted promos, the long ass corny promos he does are not my thing.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've given up hope of him changing in any way, shape or form. The Cena we have now will be the one we have until he retires!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've given up hope of him changing in any way, shape or form. The Cena we have now will be the one we have until he retires!:rolleyes:
I wish that what you said wasn't true. But it is. :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
Honestly, it's simply too late. I will never like him and never have. Even his face sort of annoys me. Just being honest, but.. yeah.. screw him.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts