Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that Cena has joined Nexus, what will happen to Cena merchandise sales. Do you think they will drop?

Plus do you think Nexus Merchandise will sell better?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I really don't expect them to go down i expect them to go up for all the depressed kids that want to support a losing CENA

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nexus merch sales will stay the same. Little kids will continue to buy Cenas merch in memory of and in hopes of he will leave Nexus.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Where do these little kids get all this money to buy so many 40 dollar shirts? People here really underestimate how many adults like Cena and buy his merchandise.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's called mommy and daddy's wallet, but true there are a lot of adults who buy his stuff too. Me, I only bought one thing from the WWE and that was when I went to Backlash in 2001. I bought at Hardy Boyz framed poster. lol.

But mostly Cena merch sale aren't going anywhere. Cena isn't a heel, so they'll still buy his stuff. Nexus shirts are just ugly.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Cena always has about 4-5 merchs in the top 10 sellers (and that's the story for half a decade now). I don't see that getting affected by this angle. If anything it will help increase Nexus merch sales.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Since the worst thing that he could be called is a reluctant heel, I son't see this affecting his sales at all. If anything it will likely nexxus's sales

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,815 Posts
Well, a few hours ago the two little girls who live next to me said they'd "Buy more Cena stuff than ever!!!" out of protest, apparently. (As if that means anything.)

WWE could even run a special "Free Cena" shirt or something for people who are particularly defiant.

The kiddies realize their hero was "screwed." He didn't just lose cleanly. He got shafted and now he's imprisoned. If anything, his merchandise sales will only increase.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, a few hours ago the two little girls who live next to me said they'd "Buy more Cena stuff than ever!!!" out of protest, apparently. (As if that means anything.)

WWE could even run a special "Free Cena" shirt or something for people who are particularly defiant.

The kiddies realize their hero was "screwed." He didn't just lose cleanly. He got shafted and now he's imprisoned. If anything, his merchandise sales will only increase.
^THIS!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,815 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
WWE needs to realize when it comes to marketing to kids. Children are fickle not stupid. Cena's merch is about to skyrocket. While the Nexus get a slight boost.

I really don't care. I havent bought anything from the WWE since 2001 and that was one thing.

So I'm going to stop caring about their merch.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
WWE needs to realize when it comes to marketing to kids. Children are fickle not stupid. Cena's merch is about to skyrocket. While the Nexus get a slight boost.

I really don't care. I havent bought anything from the WWE since 2001 and that was one thing.

So I'm going to stop caring about their merch.
"You see the key is to get the kids, because they're really stupid."

- Christian, Attitude Era, 2000

This basically sums up WWE's merch sales. The kids buy it, and no one else. That's why Cena is the only superstar that sells merch. He's fuckin' Barney the big purple Dinosaur, with a splash of yellow. The little ones are going to eat up his shit.

Of course, once he becomes a heel, at some point, the kids are going to have to find a new superhero. It can't be Rey because he's on SmackDown. HHH and Orton aren't cut out for it. Rey is SmackDown's superman. So who?

Who's good enough to fill Cena's shoes? He'd have to come from Raw's mid-card. He'd have to be considered a future main-eventer. He'd have to have some experience as a tag team and/or mid-card singles champion. He'd have to be catching on with the crowd. He'd have to be a workhorse like Cena. He'd have to make it clear he'd take Cena's job if he could.

Who's...AWESOME...enough to replace Cena in the PG Superman role?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I'm sure it will help with merch sales because, a) Cena joining them just raised the profile of the Nexus especially to the casual fans/marks who buy the merch, and b) they will likely keep Cena face for a while longer and continue selling his merch for the time being even though he's with them. There's also the strong possibility that they'll have the anonymous GM make another match at the next PPV to get Cena out of joining them because they cheated to win at HIAC.. and would thus make this thing one big tease to the IWC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nobody is big enough than Cena, on the current roster that is. For someone to get their they need a MAJOR push. Like stop pushing everybody else and push this one person. Yes. That means the rating will really fall, because no one is getting a push, just this one person.

Cena's not turning heel until there is someone is rivaling his status or close too. Raw and WWE is too heel heavy. They need more major faces.

So I predict out of protest by his fans. Cena merch will skyrocket and Nexus just gets a boost.

Can't say much until we find out on RAW. Then I can either stand by what I said or bite my words. Hell I'm too stubborn, I'll still stand by what I said.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts