Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who didn't recognize the symbolism behind holding Bound for Glory in Daytona Beach, FL this year, here's a little history lesson for ya:

Back in 1996, the Outsiders – Kevin Nash & Scott Hall – went into Bash at the Beach '96 boasting about having a third mystery partner to help them in their three-way tag match against Sting, Savage and Lex Luger. They came to the ring without said mystery partner talking about how they were capable of competing without him, and began the match as such. During the match, Luger was KO'd and was taken to the back, after which the Outsiders began to dominate the match. As all four men eventually went down in the match, Hulk Hogan began his waltz to the ring, seemingly to aid Sting and Savage seeing as he was the companies top baby face at the time, only to hit several Atomic Leg Drops on Savage, in the process giving birth to the infamous New World
Order.

Fast forward four years to 2000, and Bash at the Beach returns to Daytona Beach for the 3rd time in as many years and we're prepared to watch Hulk Hogan v. Jeff Jarrett for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, only to end up watching Jarrett lay down – literally – for Hogan at the start of the match, to which Vince Russo – then writer/booker for WCW and lead writer/booker for TNA now – then demanded Hogan pin him, throwing him the belt in the process. Hogan shoots on Russo breaking kayfabe talking about "bullshit like this" being the reason the company is in the shape it's in, but pins Jarrett anyway. Hogan begins walking to the back, and in the process, Russo returns a shoot interview talking about how Jarrett was still champion anyway, and that Hulk Hogan is a piece of shit that'd never be seen in the WCW again (he wasn't).

Fast forward again to 2010 and TNA – the company that's now home to a number of those infamous characters such as Hogan, Nash, Sting, Jarrett and especially Vince Russo is set to have it's 8th installment of it's flagship PPV "Bound for Glory" shot live from Daytona Beach, FL on October 10th, 2010 (10.10.10). Que the dramatic music...

Question is – do you expect a Bash at the Beach-type swerve of some type to happen? Will anything dramatic happen at all even, or are we looking at just your run-of-the-mill PPV here?

I can't help but feel like with all these cogs in the machine right now from the days of old, something controversial will undoubtedly happen. Seeing as BFG is months away, the picture is too blurry to predict right now, but were I a betting man, and I'm not, my money would certainly be on the idea of controversy reigning by the end of the night.

Thoughts? Concerns?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
If there is going to be a Hogan vs Abyss match, something will happen unless the new creative team tell Hogan that it's not happening.
Other than that, somebody will lay down.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Here's a good story line they can do.

Setting: Bound For The Beach

Match: Abyss (Champion) vs. Hogan

Title: TNA World Heavyweight Title

Abyss is part of the brand spankin' new ECW faction and it Hulk by himself. Abyss and his ECW brothers come out to the ring. Then Hulk comes down to the ring. It's Abyss and Hulk giving the stare down. Then Hulk gives the mightiest poke to Abyss, he fall down, and Hulk gets the 3. Then Hulk brings out Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Syxx. Then the TNA roster joins the Band. And the rest is history.

I didn't write this..

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
in case if haven't noticed Russo just isn't booking any more and by then he will be out of TNA or become officially a producer.

If Dreamer is leading the creative and with russo out of the way you shouldn't expect much. Just a simple ppv. no twists, no major changes.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The answer put simply is yes.

Sting/deception, ECW/Samoa Joe/Abyss it will all come to a head at BFG, and there will be a swerve. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
in case if haven't noticed Russo just isn't booking any more and by then he will be out of TNA or become officially a producer.

If Dreamer is leading the creative and with russo out of the way you shouldn't expect much. Just a simple ppv. no twists, no major changes.
I don't think so, just because Dreamer's booking style is of a different persuasion, doesn't mean there won't be a big angle. This is a huge PPV, TNA's biggest and also under what many seem to consider TNA's biggest era. I am sure Dixie herself wants something huge to happen herself.

There's a lot of differenthings I could see happening;

- Hogan winning the TNA championship. It's been reported that it may be happening, and I wouldn't set the idea aside personally. Though I am at a mix with the idea, personally when I image it in my head and picture the commentary team marking and the website headline. It could be a huge emotional moment, where Hulk Hogan overcomes his life being turnt upside down and returns to the one place that still loves him "Professional Wrestling". Of course on a practical standpoint, it's ludacris. Hulk Hogan cannot go inside a wrestling ring what so over, his back is crumbled into dust and he can't do his signature moves, which is what he's relied on for the past decaded. Granted I would actualy be for Hogan as TNA champ if he could wrestle like he did in 2002-2005, hell maybe even like he did in 2007. But maybe that's just the mark inside me that loves when Old-School wrestlers return and do something monumental.

- Dixie sells TNA to Eric Bischoff (Kayfabe). I could see the show ending with a blockbuster announcement that Dixie Carter has sold TNA because of all of the pressure from Sting. Eric Bischoff and Hogan turn heel and thus proving Sting's point

- Dixie sells TNA to Eric Bischoff (for real). Say as above really, but Bischoff actually takes over and the company turns around because he has real power.

- Sting retires.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
I don't think so, just because Dreamer's booking style is of a different persuasion, doesn't mean there won't be a big angle. This is a huge PPV, TNA's biggest and also under what many seem to consider TNA's biggest era. I am sure Dixie herself wants something huge to happen herself.

There's a lot of differenthings I could see happening;

- Hogan winning the TNA championship. It's been reported that it may be happening, and I wouldn't set the idea aside personally. Though I am at a mix with the idea, personally when I image it in my head and picture the commentary team marking and the website headline. It could be a huge emotional moment, where Hulk Hogan overcomes his life being turnt upside down and returns to the one place that still loves him "Professional Wrestling". Of course on a practical standpoint, it's ludacris. Hulk Hogan cannot go inside a wrestling ring what so over, his back is crumbled into dust and he can't do his signature moves, which is what he's relied on for the past decaded. Granted I would actualy be for Hogan as TNA champ if he could wrestle like he did in 2002-2005, hell maybe even like he did in 2007. But maybe that's just the mark inside me that loves when Old-School wrestlers return and do something monumental.

- Dixie sells TNA to Eric Bischoff (Kayfabe). I could see the show ending with a blockbuster announcement that Dixie Carter has sold TNA because of all of the pressure from Sting. Eric Bischoff and Hogan turn heel and thus proving Sting's point

- Dixie sells TNA to Eric Bischoff (for real). Say as above really, but Bischoff actually takes over and the company turns around because he has real power.

- Sting retires.
hey, none of those things is actually good for tna and they probably got nothing to do with the storylines. If you remember bash at the beach, hogan was a huge face and the outsiders generated so much heat...when hogan joined hall and nash the fans were so into the storyline that the response was brutal. Nothing even close is happening now in tna. There aren't any feuds, any heels and btw any faces that create such a emotional response like what would become the nWo.

Oh but don't worry, there's always going to be some major announcements. there always are befor ppv, but it's not going to be really much of anything i assure you.

btw if dixie is gone, money is gone, so bischoff cannot buy tna.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You're thinking way too hard about this. It's called a cheap way to have BFG not at the Impact Zone and yet still have the Impact Zone crowd to fill up a PPV venue.

·
Registered
562 Posts
A reversal of roles seeing AJ shoot on Hogan saying this is why TNA is in the shitter would make me laugh.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
BATB2000 Hogan/Russo was a work.. Russo said himself that it was and he was going to call back Hogan, but Bill Busch or whatever his name was kept telling Russo to wait and finally told him no. It was going to end with a big unification match .

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope to remember Daytona Beach is where RVD & Angle had a classic match for the TNA title at TNA's biggest PPV!

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I immediately thought of BATB '96 when it was announced as being in Daytona Beach. Who knows what could happen, they're probably there because it's in Florida and with the apparent creative shake-up I'm not sure if they'd make something big happen because of the link but the size of event that BFG should cause a change itself.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Bash of the Beach 1996, It involved Hogan
Bash of the Beach 2000, Again involved Hogan
BFG 2010, Will probably involve Hogan once again.

·
~PROWRES LOVE~
473 Posts
Hogan vs. Vader
I don't know if you've seen Vader lately, but he can barely move, let alone wrestle a match. Then again, this is TNA, and I've learned to expect the wildly unexpected from them...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts