Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you think , that has yet to win a world title , will be a big emotional moment? .
kind of like when angle beat austin in 2001 and was celebrating with his family afterwards. or when eddie came out to chris benoit and they both celebrated together at wrestlemania .
i think when the miz wins the wwe championship it will be a big deal . if you saw him at the end of money in the bank when he was on the ladder holding the briefcase with tears in his eyes then you can only imagine what he will be like when he wins the title.

but for me it will be when/if daniel bryan wins it , id love it to be at a wrestlemania .

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
When AJ Lee wins the mens World Heavyweight championship
If we're going this way, I'm gonna be the first to say

When Orton wins the Diva's championship, because good lord he deserves it.

In all seriousness, Christian if it ever happens. But definitely Miz if they hold it off for a while.

Edit. Just saw Danielson, yeah, I'd mark the fuck out, I admit.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
hmmm......in all seriousness i think, well if your talkin bout people that have never won before then probably, ted dibiase (as long as they build up to it proerly....and untill he becomes a credible maineventer)

...if your including people that HAVE one before then it would obviously have to be a face jericho (seeing that he returns firt, obviously)

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
If they hold off on Kofi's win for another while and really give him that epic chasing story line, I think his has the potential to be something special. I think Miz will get emotional during his win too. You could tell how much MITB meant to him and knowing his story, going from not even being allowed to change in the locker room to being the WWE champion, well, that's certainly a fairy tale story too.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'd run down the street naked if Christian won a world title but i think his times running out.(He's out for 6 months, is getting old and i doubt Vince would ever push him anyway)
The Christian/title discussion is the IWC equivalent to the chicken/egg debate as far as length of discussion is concerned. However, for as convinced as I am that Christian will never win the title, I am not convinced that it's impossible. While 36 is pretty old to get the belt, older guys have done what Christian would be trying to do.

Benoit was 37 when he won his first. Batista was 35 when he got pushed. Heck, Sheamus is considered a "young" star, and he's only four years younger than Christian. Age doesn't have to be a hurdle.

Nevertheless, I still doubt it's ever going to happen.

Aside from Christian, I'll be excited when Miz wins. Not because I'm a mark for the guy, but just because I'm really interested to see how he does in that role.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I don't think any win now could be as big as Punk winning the first title, for me. Maybe Danielson, but I almost expect it, whereas I really thought they'd waste Punk.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
SJFC said:
I wasn't saying AJ looks like a man , I was saying more like since :confused: "she has such epic ring skills!" :confused: she will win the mens WHC based on her "mad skills"! Think Rey Mysterio , only crazier. It could happen.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Morrison winning a world title...If/When that happens I would be the happiest wrestling fan in the world...:D

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't think any win now could be as big as Punk winning the first title, for me. Maybe Danielson, but I almost expect it, whereas I really thought they'd waste Punk.
Punks first title win wasn't even really that the fans in attendance really loved punk, it was more about fans hated Edge so much, loved the batista destroying edge part and then out of nowhere, mitb gets cashed in on the guy who's been famous for cashing in mitb to win title(and kings excitement for punk winning was a cool thing too as he rarely gets excited over ppl winning or losing anymore).

Hardys first title win was huge too, I never wanted it to happen but he won the title, gets firework celebration and everything like that which made it huge.

WWEs next big title win will be probably Kofi. Don't see much big first title wins for guys in WWE as a face. When was the last time someone cashed in mitb and was a heel before or because of the mitb cash in? I think it was punk in his first cash in and that was last time I can remember.

Other than sheamus, not many other guys have really won their first wwe or world title without cashing in mitb in past few years.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts