Wrestling Forum banner

What will AEW do with the Dark Order

3010 Views 33 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  RapShepard
Well...they clearly have high hopes for the Dark Order, but we all think they’re fucking shit, true?

Too me, if Dark Order won the tag title, even if they beat SCU this week, it’s symbolic this isn’t any different to the WWE.

Simply pushing whoever they want to push and ignoring the fans.

Keen to see the Dark Order shelved, they’re done.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,429 Posts
Tonight is the night they need to hit the ball out of the park with these guys

They need a win and some story development of who they actually are

People are getting too frustrated with the lack of.... everything about them so far

Fwiw I think they will be beaten finalists to the Lucha Brothers

· Registered
18,720 Posts
The match they had to gain a bye in the tournament was fire. So I think the issue has been entirely presentation. Maybe just get rid of the gimps LOL

Like keep them spooky but don't have them sit on a chair made out of bondage slaves?

· Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
5,972 Posts
They missed a golden opportunity to get them over last week — they could have attacked SCU instead of the Lucha Brothers. But if the plan is to have SCU vs LB in the tag finals, then that adds a little more heat to that match.

Whatever they do with them, Dark Order needs to be a bit more ... dark.

· Registered
423 Posts
Well...they clearly have high hopes for the Dark Order, but we all think they’re fucking shit, true?

Too me, if Dark Order won the tag title, even if they beat SCU this week, it’s symbolic this isn’t any different to the WWE.

Simply pushing whoever they want to push and ignoring the fans.

Keen to see the Dark Order shelved, they’re done.
Well given how many people have shat on Stunt's performance aka getting his shit in on the Lucha Bros and yet Nick Jackson called it a home run. I can expect them to be a big part of the tag team division.

I don't expect them to always listen to the fans, that would be stupid because fans can change their minds in a heartbeat and at the end of the day, they need to push who they believe in.

5,972 Posts
I like them. Here's the thing - their gimmick just doesn't work for AEWs audience. It's a gimmick that takes itself too seriously. That's not going to get over with the type of people who fuel AEW
The problem is we don’t really know what their gimmick is yet. Are they dark and evil, or are they a comedy team? They’re kind of all over the place at the moment, and my guess is they’re having a hard time making the transition from Super Smash Brothers to whatever it is they’re supposed to be now. I don’t care what it is, they’ve got the potential to be real players in the tag division, we just don’t know what they’re supposed to be. A gimmick like what I think they’re heading towards needs a well-established identity, and they just don’t have that yet, so fans don’t know how they’re supposed to react. It’s not that they can’t get over with these fans, and that’s kind of a dumb statement to be honest, considering you’re talking about fans who have been heavily criticized for the diversity of talent that has gotten over with them.

· Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,680 Posts
Almost every gimmick in AEW has some sort of ironic subversion or element of humor. The Dark Order are basically AEW's version of The Bludgeon Brothers. They feel tonally outdated and play their gimmick too straight, especially with the overall tone of the promotion

It’s not that they can’t get over with these fans, and that’s kind of a dumb statement to be honest, considering you’re talking about fans who have been heavily criticized for the diversity of talent that has gotten over with them.
Hey, has anybody had a rational conversation with this poster that didn't devolve into personal attacks?

:goaway

salty ass

· Registered
18,720 Posts
Almost every gimmick in AEW has some sort of ironic subversion or element of humor. The Dark Order are basically AEW's version of The Bludgeon Brothers. They feel tonally outdated and play their gimmick too straight, especially with the overall tone of the promotion

Hey, has anybody had a rational conversation with this poster that didn't devolve into personal attacks?

salty ass
Maybe the solution is to actually make the Dark Order a BDSM gimmick LOL

5,972 Posts

salty ass
Hey, you made the dig on the AEW fan base. That was a completely inaccurate generalization.

· Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,680 Posts
Hey, you made the dig on the AEW fan base. That was a completely inaccurate generalization.
Saying that a certain tag team isn't going to get over is not a dig at the entirety of the AEW fanbase :lmao are you mentally ill??

Bruh you are ridiculously defensive :goaway keep baiting and trying to throw insults though, you'll get it back soon enough

Maybe the solution is to actually make the Dark Order a BDSM gimmick LOL
This is unironically a great idea and I hope they do it lol

· Registered
752 Posts
I think an image like this, needs to be build up a bit first. Maybe some YouTube promos before the debut, would’ve been better instead of just “boom, here we are and we’re an evil faction!”

Perhaps they can be salvaged, as I like Stu, great in ring ability and evil uno gives off some nice old school vibes, but their gimmick is just bad and uninspired.

5,972 Posts
Saying that a certain tag team isn't going to get over is not a dig at the entirety of the AEW fanbase :lmao are you mentally ill??

Bruh you are ridiculously defensive :goaway keep baiting and trying to throw insults though, you'll get it back soon enough
Yeah obviously it’s all in my head. Thanks for setting me straight, Dr Phil.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.