Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read over those years that Triple H was supposed to face Cena at Wrestlemania 23 in a rematch for the WWE championship. But I don't think I've ever read anything about where DX was supposed to go. I'm thinking they would have continued feuding with Rated RKO and maybe captured the World Tag Team Championship.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
One of two ways I think: either the feud ends on the PPV it did or on RAW the next day (or one of the RAWs leading-up to the Royal-Rumble). The feud without Triple H continued but that was IIRC because them taking-out Triple H was made part of the story-line so HBK wanted to get even with them or something. Ending the feud on the PPV’d have been weird, because the match ended in a “no contest”, but DX did end-up destroying them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If Triple H was set to face Cena again then i would think Shawn would have been in battle of the billionaires
It's been said that HBK might possibly have been chosen as Donald Trump's guy. Triple H tearing his quad for the second time really threw a lot of the plans out of whack for Wrestlemania 23. But, it still ended up being a successful PPV.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Triple H was definitely going to beat Cena at 'Mania 23 for the title. That he would beat Cena at Night of Champions 2008 (as well as a random RAW episode in 2009) almost confirms that WWE had this match in mind before Triple H's injury.

I've also read elsewhere that Michaels would have been Trump's guy

·
Premium Member
45,321 Posts
It was going to be Cena Vs. HHH at WrestleMania 23 which would have made me puke.

Had HHH not gotten hurt, I imagine Rated RKO probably would have stuck around longer as a threat to DX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts