Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never understood. On TV you could always tell the difference. Fake Razor was always so goofy and not a real "bad guy" Kane did a good job as Fake Diesel.

I always thought WWF was trying to mock or insult them. But were they trying to play it off like they didn't leave and trying to see if fans would just go with it?

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
They were sending a message to the WCW that they owned the intellectual properties. It was pointless because it accomplished nothing on WWE's creative end, but it made Bischoff think that Hall and Nash were leaving WCW and returning to WWE and he gave them bigger contracts out of panic

lel

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Funny thing is had the fake Razor Ramon and fake Diesel had been a success. They would have brought in Steve Corino as the fake 123 kid.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
IMO that was a pure revenge act, and Vince thought it would be funny for some reason.

He didn't thought in the new wrestling viewers of 1996 who were knowing about those two in WCW and then they hearing the competition was making a comedy act of the former chars of the duo, would be seen obviously as pathetic...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I always thought they were just doing the same kinda thing. Just doesn't make sense, I don't know what they were trying to achieve. The Billionaire Ted skits were different as the intentions were clear. I guess it was just a terrible idea that they just did in the moment as a response. I'm at that point watching the old Raw episodes.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
McMahon being petty as well as adding to fuel to the fire of Jim Ross's heel turn. Unfortunately, nobody wanted to boo JR.

The angle was so bad it made Russo want to quit WWF and jump to WCW 3 years before he actually did.

- Vic

·
There's only one of me
1,220 Posts
I never felt it had anything to do with intellectual rights of those two characters. Instead, I figured it was Vince basically saying that they were both easily replaceable, and just making a joke about them leaving by noting that "the show must go on."

Had it been any other message relating to character, it would mean that WCW was going to use them as Diesel and Razor, but that was never in the works.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Was one of many weakly humorous digs at wCw from Vince where he was doing what most competitors do when their talent are poached, attempt to ridicule their character as a way to devalue their name.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Funny thing is had the fake Razor Ramon and fake Diesel had been a success. They would have brought in Steve Corino as the fake 123 kid.
Source? Would have been cool if true.

i always thought it was brilliant, try to get the reasl ones to come back and face the fakes.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Source? Would have been cool if true.

i always thought it was brilliant, try to get the reasl ones to come back and face the fakes.
From October 2015
Corino jokes that “he never had enough money to have a drug problem.” Steve remembers the first time he met Jim Ross, and says that it was in 1996 when he was doing jobs on WWE TV. Jim Ross was embedded in a storyline with “Fake Diesel” and “Fake Razor Ramon at the time.” While backstage, Jim Cornette turned to Ross while pointing at Corino and said: “Look JR! He can be the new 123 Kid!”

Read more: http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/steve-corino-talks-to-jr-about-never-signing-with-wwe-cesaro-praise-roh-his-son-more/#ixzz46bINsQw6

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Was one of many weakly humorous digs at wCw from Vince where he was doing what most competitors do when their talent are poached, attempt to ridicule their character as a way to devalue their name.
All it ended up doing though was promoting the competition instead.

Same goes for the Billionaire Ted skits as well.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
When WWF brought in fake versions of Razor Ramon and Diesel they were trying to send a message to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. The message they were trying to send was "you weren't over, your character was." It was a kind of power play on the part of the WWF to show they could make anyone they wanted...but it backfired.

All it accomplished was showing how well both Hall & Nash did in their respective roles and how hard it actually is to make a legit superstar in pro-wrestling.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
All it ended up doing though was promoting the competition instead.

Same goes for the Billionaire Ted skits as well.
I agree all them sketches were embarrasing & showed his fear, like an overgrown schoolyard bully attempting shaming tactics to keep face it was laughable.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts