Wrestling Forum banner

What was worse? WCW Champion David Arquette or WWF Mr. McMahon?

• David Arquette

Votes: 91 93.8%
  • Mr. McMahon

Votes: 6 6.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
Re: What was worse ? David arquette winning wcw title or vince mcmahon winning wwe ti

IMO David Arquette and it's not even close.

·
KO
5,456 Posts
Re: What was worse ? David arquette winning wcw title or vince mcmahon winning wwe ti

Vince is the greatest non-wrestler (possibly all around) heel of all time. David Arquette is a random C-list actor. What do you think? :punk2

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

Vince winning the title wasn't even that bad. He's one of the most legit characters ever in an entertainment-based industry.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

David Arquette's best known role is....

playing Doofy in Scary Movie... :jordan

Vince= Greatest heel that isn't a wrestler ever.

My answer = Doofy.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

Vince McMahon-A great heel.Perhaps the second biggest reason WWF won the Monday Night Wars

David Arquette-A nobody outside US(I honestly don't know who he is even now)

·
Banned
72 Posts

WWE propaganda at its finest in this thread. Saying that Vince deserved the title because he was part of the business and Arquette not because he was an actor is pathetic. Both were worse alongside Vince winning the Rumble.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

There was nothing wrong with Vince winning the title, fit the character and the story fine

·
Registered
81 Posts

David Arquette by a land slide. The only reason they gave him the strap was to promote the dopey wrestling film he did "Ready to Rumble". I mean, I get it from the marketing stand point but still, god awful..

·
Registered
814 Posts

Its David Arquette for me. What business does he have getting in the ring to fight for the WHC? At least Vince winning it was part of a good story line.
It seemed that DA was only involved because he is a massive fan of wrestling, well so am i but you will never see the WHC title around my waste (i might have a chance at the IC title though)
I've seen Vince train & he can put people half his age to shame. In an ideal world neither of them should of won the strap, but i can forgive Vince for winning it but not Arquette.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

Although I don't agree with the move of Vince winning the title and felt it was a little degrading to the guys in the back, it could be defended as just being a small part of a much bigger storyline. The Arquette thing was WCW trying to get cheap publicity and was one of the worst things they ever did as a company.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

WWE propaganda at its finest in this thread. Saying that Vince deserved the title because he was part of the business and Arquette not because he was an actor is pathetic. Both were worse alongside Vince winning the Rumble.
As the story went, the system helped Vince to the title. In fact, Vince WAS the system dammit. :vince3 All made perfect sense to me.

I don't even know what the circumstances were around Arquette winning the title, nor do I particularly want to. I can't even begin to imagine how it would have been possibly justified or realistic.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

:kobe

Really propaganda?

Character wise it fit Vince winning the title.

Why the fuck was Doofy even in the WCW to begin with....they would've been better off having Karl Malone win the title than fucking David Arquette.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts

Vince McMahon winning the Royal Rumble set the seeds for the greatest RTWM.

David Arquette winning the WCW title?

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts

One of them is the goat heels and the other is David Arquette.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts

Arquette. He was basically a rich and somewhat famous wrestling fan who did a wrestling movie. They should've just had him attack somebody instead of actually giving him the title for marketing. Vince is the greatest heel of all time and him winning at least fit the storyline.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts

WCW was desperate, and I find it understandable Russo wanted to try it.

In "Death of WCW" it says when a promotion has enough momentum, they can do no wrong. When they're in the gutter, they can do no right (paraphrased)

If Vince won it in December 97, it might have been a nail in WWF's coffin. But WWF was so strong in late 99 that they could afford to try Vince winning the belt.

If Arquette became WCW champion in mid 97, it wouldn't have mattered. WCW was too strong then.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts