Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He got carried out after the knock out punch, did he get injured for real or something? It just seems odd that he didn't come back out or something to interfere

And what the hell is up with Rey and Big Show always being the remaining survivors....

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
If he didn't get legit injured then that's a fucking stupid way to eliminate the best guy on the heel team from such a big match.

And as soon as I saw the match confirmed, I immediately knew Big Show and Rey would be the last men left standing. Cause Rey rarely loses, and Big Show never does. I actually fucking hoped with all my heart and soul that they'd be able to gang up on Big Show and eliminate him relatively early, cause with him in the match you just know he's going to get tagged in then swiftly eliminate about half the opposing team. And lo and behold, the result!

But going back to Del Rio, when McIntyre got eliminated I hoped the bell wasn't going to ring and Del Rio was going to come legging it back to the ring and hopefully eliminate AT LEAST one of the remaining 2 with his armbar submission, then have a nice exchange with the remaining one, regardless of whether he won it or not.

But no, they have Show slug him one in the early-going and so ends the 2nd ever PPV of one of the most promising newcomers to the WWE. Creative dropped the ball here by not even having Del Rio fighting Mysterio (I think he didn't. if he did it must have only been briefly).

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
haha had to have been real? no way in fuck was it real.

it's just booking 101, really. they wanted to protect Del Rio and didn't want to give him the loss, so now he can show up on Smackdown and say "you beat my team but you didn't beat me" blah blah blah.

why would Del Rio come back? he is a heel, and his team was getting their butt whooped, he didn't want to fight Big Show the first time, why would he come back while Big Show is destroying his team.

it wasn't the best things to do, but it definitely makes sense.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
It's just a cop-out to keep Rey and Del Rio apart so that they'll have the inevitable blow-off match at the TLC PPV. As for Big Show ending up as one of two survivors, they're simply pushing him to push and promote Knucklehead. Either that or they're gonna push Big Show and Rey as a tag team to save the floundering division.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It's just a way to not let Del Rio look week and by keeping Big Show unpinned ever since being traded to SD

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
i'm pretty sure it was just a way to take him out of the match, without him doing a job.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
They simply don't want him to job, it's Big Show and Rey Rey he's facing, they never lose, even though i expected Swagger to make Show tap out and Del Rio put the armbar on Rey, but that didn't happen, oh well.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I'm sure that was planned as a way to protect Del Rio because he was due to lose the match, as he can now say he never got officially eliminated. Also, he didn't get pinned by anyone.

Frankly, I thought he was going to return during the match and win it, but after Swagger failed to make Big Show tap with the Ankle Lock, something seemed amiss. WWE disappointed me when he failed to come back and the 2 people who don't need extra credibility among the 10 got the win. Screw Rey Rey.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
what a pathetic way protect delrio's credibility

·
Registered
67 Posts
Del Rio sucks! I hate him a lot and he's boring. He's not going to be a big star like John Cena, and he's got beaten down by Triple H's one night return in a WWE event. Good thing he's the first one eliminated at the Survivor Series. Hahaha!

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Del Rio sucks! I hate him a lot and he's boring. He's not going to be a big star like John Cena, and he's got beaten down by Triple H's one night return in a WWE event. Good thing he's the first one eliminated at the Survivor Series. Hahaha!
Del Rio (in my humble opinion) is one the most entertaining guys on Smackdown. Also, he helped eliminate MVP and made Masters tap with the cross armbar, so he wasn't even the first eliminated, in fact he wasn't eliminated at all, he left the match though "injury" and opted to not come back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sure that was planned as a way to protect Del Rio because he was due to lose the match, as he can now say he never got officially eliminated. Also, he didn't get pinned by anyone.

Frankly, I thought he was going to return during the match and win it, but after Swagger failed to make Big Show tap with the Ankle Lock, something seemed amiss. WWE disappointed me when he failed to come back and the 2 people who don't need extra credibility among the 10 got the win. Screw Rey Rey.
Agree 100% It just seemed awkward to me how he just vanished from the punch and was really expecting him to come back during swagger/McIntyre's eliminations. Oh well I'll still cheer for him when he comes out on Friday.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I knew from the start that the fucking giant and the midget GOD would win. The match was horribly booked and didn't benefit anyone

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
uh, well, first off, he wasn't the first one eliminated. Hahaha! second of all, they basically did this to protect him, as everyone else on his team got pinned by Mysterio and Show, but Del Rio can claim he was never beaten because he was not physically cleared to return to the match, or some other excuse.

booking 101 guys, come on.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
So how else should they protect their future guy from a loss?

Face it, Rey and Show are still bigger names than Rio.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Having Del Rio get knocked out was the smartest thing creative could've done. Show and Mysterio are seemingly invincible lately and you have to protect your investment in ADR so why in the world would they have him take a pin in a multi-man match?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts