Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Whichever year it was, 03/04 I think, where Evolution dominated RAW. Triple H had the title for the longest time, besides twice but both times he got it back the next month. Every show started with a 20min+ Evolution promo, and pretty much every one of his title matches had interfearance or DQs or something along those lines. Plus Orton and Batista were the ones getting pushes from it, and there could have been much better choices. My family used to watch it as well back then but they become so bored during this point they all quit watching.

07 was also really bad like many have said before

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Most of 1980's, 1993, 1995, 2010.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
RAW in 2009 was some of the worse TV I've ever seen, it was that bad. However, Smackdown more than made up for it with an incredible half a year or so, and the PPVs were for the most part pretty great, so that kind of takes 2009 out of the running for me.

I would go with 2007.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I didnt really watch mid 90s as I was in that "wrestling is crap cos its fake" phase during my early teens so I wont comment on that but I kinda gave up on WWE from mid 04 to 2010. I watched certain parts of it like the ECW reunion shows, Matt Hardy getting fired and returning, Jerichos comeback etc but for the most part I didnt really watch. The lowest point in that time from the little I watched must have been around 2006 when Vinces brought back ECW to make it look like Nirvana as created by Simon Cowell.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
2007-present. The Benoit tragedy really hurt. Turning John Cena into a raving "never give up" man. They ruin him. I did not mind his year long title reign. At least the belt had prestige unlike it does right now. The guess host started out great but then went into the tolet. Sheamus and Swaggers title reign. Gimmick PPVs. Hornswoggle. And going PG.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Whilst the current product is probably the worst for some time due to horrible storylines and a lack of quality in PPV matches it is nowhere near as bad as WWE was in 1993 and 1995 which were worse than anything imaginable in wrestling. In 1993 the main feuds in the company were Bret Hart/Jerry Lawler and Lex Luger/Yokozuna which at 12 years old almost turned me away from watching WWE and pushed me even further to WCW who i was always more into because i was a HUGE Sting fan, it was Shawn Michaels who almost single handedly kept me watching and his matches with Marty Jannetty and Mr Perfect added to the start of the feud between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon kept me around.

In 1995 though even Shawn Michaels couldn't keep me watching WWE because i have never witnessed anything like what i saw in that year and anyone who complains about what they watch now should be subjected to watching 1995 from start to finish and then see what we older fan's had to put up with. Even though WCW were putting out a weekly show where Hulk Hogan was able to defeat all of The Four Horsemen and The Dungeoun of Doom almost single handedly i would always watch that over anything that WWE could put out and from the first Raw after WrestleMania 11 up until Shawn Michaels and Jeff Jarrett feuded i couldn't bear anymore and just caught bits and pieces when my brother would be watching on a Saturday morning, it was Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon going into SummerSlam 1995 that slowly got me back.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts