Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
In the 90's it would have to be when they were getting their arses kicked by WCW each and every week. In the 00's I didn't enjoy 2003 that much tbh. :/

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
2009 was pretty bad. Agonizing stab me in the eyes and put me out of my misery bad. TNAs restarting the monday night war helped put a boot in McMahons ass though and it has steadily gotten better. 2010 became watchable again. Not great, but no longer shit sandwich.

2011 is looking promising so far.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Ive only been watching since 1999 so can't really say anything about the years before that but 2007 was terrible.

·
Registered
835 Posts
95 or any recent year involving young bland superstars

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Every bad year includes something which keeps it entertaining:

1994 WWF a very stale product,but it also had great wrestlers involved in some good feuds,such as Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon and Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart.

1995 featured some really silly characters and the Diesel title reign could have been way better.

1996 WWF seemed archaic in comparison to WCW/NWO; Remember characters such as The Goon and Razor Ramon II? Yet the Shawn Michaels title reign was enjoyable,as was Mankind vs. Taker.Not forgetting the Steve Austin character!

2004 had some nasty elements (Eugene,Snitsky babykiller,Matt Hardy vs Kane).Randy Orton's face turn bombed and Smackdown was really boring.

2008 - 2010 has seen some major names quit and the PG thing is difficult to accept.Also,the WWE has f'd up some pushes (Kingston and Swagger).Yet the matches are good and the feuds are believable.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
1995 was a truly dreadful year. Razor, Shawn, Bret, Owen, and Bulldog did their best to keep it alive, but any wrestling show that heavily focused on Kevin Nash is bound to be a disaster. Even Sid running around being batshit crazy wasn't enough to right the ship.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
2009 was by far the worst WWE year I've ever sat through.

- Guest hosts. In the same segments, with the same people every week.
- DX and Hornswoggle. Midget Court. Say no more.
- The HHH/Cena/Orton main event triangle that never seemed to end.

The only highlights of the year for me were Sheamus winning the title, the CM Punk/Jeff Hardy rivalry and Batista's heel turn. Those are literally the only good things I remember.

·
Registered
970 Posts
1993 (in my years as a fan since 1992).

While it introduced Raw, you should see how small the arenas were for WWF Superstars and WWF Wrestling Challenge. Virtually no one wanted to watch it. At least in 94 and 95 the crowds were slightly bigger.

·
Registered
300 Posts
This year has been pretty awful, but I don't think it's the worst year they've ever had.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
2009 on Raw was horrendous but Smackdown was legendary for almost half of the entire year, so that disqualifies it from the running.

1995 was awful. I also really dislike a lot of 2003. That year just doesn't do a thing for me, overall.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
2003 was pretty bad but

titles got disgraced and devalued

Cena started getting the whole fed fed to him

DX were acting like teenagers and buried the meaning of tag team wrestling achievement

ECW got s***canned for no good reason

tv was unwatchable,

they were advertising their online shop on tv in whole segments, when have they ever did that in better days gone by?

Eddie Guerreros legacy was getting tarnished with

there was no such thing as climbing the ladder in this company, you not in McMahons circle your career is going nowhere

200 and f*****g 6, the year that a lot of the iwc appeared, the year that ushered in the art of Youtube Shooting, undeniable proof that WWE didn't care about wrestling anymore and the guys in charge have finally made the transition from starving artists to soulless suits, not to mention the bossman has a freaking god complex and he plans to give the company to his whiney untalented daughter Stephanie
:cuss::cussin::mad::frustrate:flip:evil::no::sad::(:gun::mad:fpalm

not to mention that TWC got shoved off the air and TNA was on their way down the treacherous trail aswell

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! THE PAIN OF BEING A WRESTLING FAN......

1 - 20 of 70 Posts