Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
My main takeaway from the chamber is that that is how dominant Corbin should be booked all the damn time. Apart from him being the first one eliminated while he was in there he was running riot over like 3 other guys and beating the holy hell out of them with a lot of brutality behind it.

Please WWE give me more of that kind of aggressive dominant Corbin.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,920 Posts
Didn't say it was a money match (not that such a thing exists in wrestling today). Just said that if you're gonna do that kind of finish, do it with Cesaro over Bryan. I am well aware neither were getting the Mania match, or even beating Roman.
Cesaro would have been my preference for sure over Bryan, they've built Cesaro up so if you at least wanted consistent booking I agree you should have had him win the Chamber.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
The point was to try to make Reigns look as dominant as possible at the expense of far more talented and over performers like Cesaro and Bryan. Obviously, they failed as the people will chose Bryan over a Reigns (heel or face) any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Main problem with Smackdown Chamber was that as a viewer, I had no interest as storyline wise, you knew the winner was losing to Reigns, unless someone cost Reigns the title match.

Bryan plays the perfect underdog but I agree that Cesaro would of been best suited here or even Jey Uso. Jey Uso had an incredible showing and if he won, if would of least added the dynamic of would he lie down for Reigns to retains or would he put up a fight. Commentary had mentioned Bryan had already won 2 Chambers matches in the past so Cesaro or Jey would be better suited to further their builds.

·
rasslin
6,036 Posts
The point was to try to make Reigns look as dominant as possible at the expense of far more talented and over performers like Cesaro and Bryan. Obviously, they failed as the people will chose Bryan over a Reigns (heel or face) any day of the week.
By what metric has Cesaro ever been more over than Roman?

·
Registered
43 Posts
As others have stated, the whole problem behind the Smackdown Chamber was the predictability aspect. The only question was whether it was going to be Reigns v Bryan or Reigns v Cesaro. I’m not sure where it leaves the two of them for Wrestlemania. Since they’ve got the unnecessary Fastlane PPV coming up, they could’ve made it where the EC winner faces Reigns then and given us a couple of entertaining weeks of build up on Smackdown before it turned to Reigns v Edge.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Cesaro this year should win the belt, but not until the very end of the year.

I think he should constantly get close, but circumstances keep him away from the actual title match (He gets to touch the mitb briefcase but it takes someone else's mistake to take him out, he wins a contenders match but suffers and injury, etc) Then, when he finally does get the shot, after months and months of clawing to get his chance, he just blitzes whoever the champ is and wins. It will show that it literally takes every little thing to hold him back, but when he's let loose, he's unstoppable.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
The point is to make Roman even more hated. As for why Bryan over Cesaro? Bryan versus Roman is a money match. Using the chamber to tease that that match that needs little build up is a better option compared to throwing Cesaro into the wolves. Cesaro needs a proper focus on the weekly shows before he challenges for the title to have anywhere near that appeal. There is no space for the winner of the chamber to be the focus if Edge is going to be the challenger at Mania. Hoping to use that to propel Cesaro is going to make him look like a loser again after his failed push years ago.

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,704 Posts
Funny because the SD Chamber had the superior overall performance flow compared to the Raw one but you needed Roman defending his Title later in the Main Event of the ppv to make it worthwhile, Have Bryan win in the opener and is fully rested still selling a slightly hurt knee by the time the match is on, Roman still wins in a fairly solid but reasonably shorter bout, Edge still Spears Roman to close the show.

Because that didn't happen you got what you got.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,684 Posts
Because there's more to Pro Wrestling than just matches. Roman is the lazy, underhanded heel and this was a part of that. He takes advantage and defends his Title in an easy match that gets more heat on him.

The cliche smarks idea of Pro Wrestling would SUUUUUUUCK! Just an endless series of spotty matches between two people with the personality of a potato, zero stakes, zero story. Just spot fest after spot fest with badguys that never do anything dastardly.

·
KO
5,568 Posts
Funny because the SD Chamber had the superior overall performance flow compared to the Raw one but you needed Roman defending his Title later in the Main Event of the ppv to make it worthwhile, Have Bryan win in the opener and is fully rested still selling a slightly hurt knee by the time the match is on, Roman still wins in a fairly solid but reasonably shorter bout, Edge still Spears Roman to close the show.

Because that didn't happen you got what you got.
That would've been worse for everyone included except Edge.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My main takeaway from the chamber is that that is how dominant Corbin should be booked all the damn time. Apart from him being the first one eliminated while he was in there he was running riot over like 3 other guys and beating the holy hell out of them with a lot of brutality behind it.

Please WWE give me more of that kind of aggressive dominant Corbin.
Hell Yes. Loved seeing Corbin dominating that match till he was eliminated. I always liked Corbin for his under rated mic work and he got a handful of really cool moves. WWE just doesn't seem to get truly behind him

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Because there's more to Pro Wrestling than just matches. Roman is the lazy, underhanded heel and this was a part of that. He takes advantage and defends his Title in an easy match that gets more heat on him.

The cliche smarks idea of Pro Wrestling would SUUUUUUUCK! Just an endless series of spotty matches between two people with the personality of a potato, zero stakes, zero story. Just spot fest after spot fest with badguys that never do anything dastardly.
Yeah, I don't think people are complaining about the quality of the match here.

I'm just going to say two things: why does Drew McIntyre have to defend the WWE title in the chamber and Roman Reigns doesn't? And why does Bryan have to get his title opportunity after the chamber match, and not at Mania/the following PPV like every other #1 contender chamber winner before?

If the answer is "because Roman is facing Edge at Mania", there's a huge problem with consistency in WWE. Nothing new, of course, but to sacrifice the whole coherence of the show(s) for cheap heat tells you everything you know about the state of the company, and it's just one more reason people should be complaining.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
By what metric has Cesaro ever been more over than Roman?
When he was doing that "King of Swing" shtick with Heyman, he was more over than Roman. WWE actually made him stop doing the move so that no one looked more over than Roman.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

I love the story, just think they did it with the wrong guy.

And agreed, Corbin looked so good but then they have him tap. The way Bryan and him had a staredown maybe thats a Mania match? What else is there for them to do?

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I love the story, just think they did it with the wrong guy.

And agreed, Corbin looked so good but then they have him tap. The way Bryan and him had a staredown maybe thats a Mania match? What else is there for them to do?
The only way I'll be truly happy with Corbin vs Bryan at WrestleMania is if Corbin wins. The guy needs a solid push and some momentum behind him and if Bryan really is backing down from really pushing for his own career and instead advocating for other people, the potential is good for a really solid match that Corbin wins in convincing fashion to help build him as the dominant heel he always should be.

If anyone can sell Corbin's brutality and make it look like it just murders dudes then it's Bryan.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
What the Chamber and Smackdown have really showed me is that I think if Roman retains at Mania, which I think he will, he has some really good opponents lined up for him in Bryan, Cesaro, Nakamura, Big E, etc. I'm looking forward to those potential matchups.

As for Fastlane, I could see some picking Bryan to face Roman for the belt. But, my prediction is that Roman will team Jey to face Edge and Christian at Fastlane.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts